BCCI Sambar stag 110?.

Happy days are here again! I got my new stag BCCI 110 today. I love it, sorry I was going to post some pics.....but....... my......"multiple cuss words" (trying to keep it clean)......scanner and computer wont work together today!!! No doubt ones from China and the other is from Taiwan and they must be feuding today. It just could not be me!!!!!......or could it? I remember one of you posted the phrase "Silly adults computers are for kids". Oh well enough of that. I like the shape of the blade as it is a unique 110 and a very limited edition.

Thank you Larry Oden and the rest of the BCCI club leaders!!! Oh, Thank you to the folks at Buck who made the knives for us!!!!!

jb4570
BCCI

chickentrax said:
No, I didn't notice...You are eagle-eye scout... ;)

I wonder if that's why the FG's don't show up as well on these...

...But the bottom groove on mine does extend into the bolster, just a bit...1/8" at the most...the top one does not...you can just see it in that scan of mine up above...
Here are two of mine that shows the difference and the new NS 110 with drop point blade is identical to the NS being shown. It makes me wonder if it's a matter of it being done by hand and the individual worker's perception or what.
2004Buck110CustomKOAFlamewoodScales.jpg

2005Buck110CustomSambarStagScalesBG.jpg

Mike Kerins said:
Has anyone noticed that the finger grooves on 110's with nickle silver bolsters do not extend the finger grooves onto the bolsters where they DO extend onto brass bolsters? I just happended to notice it last night when I was handling the new knife. I can post photos of both tonight.

Just checked mine... some do & some don't. Now look at what you started!

Hey Michael, thanks for the pics.
My 110NS has the radius of the groove about the same as your 110 BG-42.

Hey, is that a Koa 110 you posted?
Goosey like...

Clydetz said:
Just checked mine... some do & some don't. Now look at what you started!
Like I said....my take on it is that it is probably done by hand which would explain the variations. ;)

Buckaholic said:
Hey Michael, thanks for the pics.
My 110NS has the radius of the groove about the same as your 110 BG-42.

Hey, is that a Koa 110 you posted?
Goosey like...
Yup! :cool:

Mine came today. I can truly say that I couldn't be more pleased. Thanks a lot for your time and effort on this Larry. Looking forward to the 112.

Tom

Got mine yesterday and they are beautiful. I was going to try and post some pic's but it will have to wait til tomorrow. Thanks to Larry and everyone else that made this happen.

Just got my 110!
I love it! I expected a great deal, and this knife delivered on my expectations.
As it is my first club knife, I am extremely pleased. I had bought it intending to use it. How foolish I was! This knife is way too pretty.....
This is definitely the best finished Buck 110 I have ever seen.

Buckaholic said:
What does the sheath look like?
Pic please...

Sorry Goose,

My scanner to computer interface is down, so I can't post a pic for you. However, I can paint a mental pic for you. Ready? Ok here goes.....its "brown" and looks just like a 110 sheath......can you see it now?:D

jb4570

My personal opinion is that the Buck sheaths that are used for the 110 have gone down in quality to the point that they are almost beyond usable. I have bought alternate sheaths for all 110's that I use. I'd really like to see Buck offer a sheath upgrade. It is certainly something that I would be willing to pay for. When I pay more the $100 for a knife, I'd really like to have a sheath of comparable quality. Just my two cents.

I've added a copy of my drop point 110 so you can see the stag scales and the finger grooves. Notice that the finger grooves on this one also don't go into the bolsters. I've also included a photo that compares it with the same knife only with a clip point blade.
BCCICustomStagS30VDropPoint110.jpg

BCCIDropPoint110CustomClipPoint110.jpg

Mike Kerins said:
My personal opinion is that the Buck sheaths that are used for the 110 have gone down in quality to the point that they are almost beyond usable. I have bought alternate sheaths for all 110's that I use. I'd really like to see Buck offer a sheath upgrade. It is certainly something that I would be willing to pay for. When I pay more the $100 for a knife, I'd really like to have a sheath of comparable quality. Just my two cents.
I should mention that the 112FG I just got from Ira came with a sheath "Assembled in Mexico" and is superb in craftmanship.
It Takes A Village to Make A Buck...
Goose.

Here are some pics, just got the computer to work again. Also a comparison of stag on both sides of the handles. In addition a comparison with a 111 Elk, 500 Elk and another 110 European Stag. Happy Easter everyone and God Bless you all!!! Now I'm off to hide some baskets for the kids.

jb4570

Mike Kerins said:

I like the idea of a brown 110 sheath. It looks more authentic than the black sheaths. Unfortunately, the one that came with my BCCI knife is unuseable. It is literally dripping with some oily liquid that has already stained the box and paperwork that came with the knife, as well as several papers I had sitting on my desk. There is no way I would wear this, or even attempt to put any 110 into it. :( (I'm not even sure my uneven scaled knife would fit in it).

I don't know what this stuff is, but I already have enough shirts stained with leather dye; I don't need any more. :rolleyes:

WilltheBarb said:
or Grohmann, Trax.

Strange you should mention that, Will... ;)

If the blade had come out like the R380S, I would be happy as a clam... :D

Here's a pic of a really nice Grohmann R380S, and sheath...

r3801big.jpg

Now...A good friend of mine, a Canadian, (who owes me a few $$$), was in Nova Scotia last week, looking for work (he lives in Lower L'Ardoise, Nova Scotia)...I mentioned to him that if he saw a Grohman R380S in a shop (or even the factory in Pictou), pick me one up...He said he had $200Cdn on him...He emailed me back that he found one, NIB, but he was $10Cdn short... :(

$210Cdn!!! They're available here in the US for $124USD...but that's still a lot of $$$...more than I'm willing to pay... :grumpy:

Wow, you guys got some bummer sheaths with your knives.
Mine is a beautiful dark brown oiled leather. It is without a doubt the nicest 110 sheath I have ever seen. It is so nice, i thought it was pat of a special run made up for these member's only knives. That is why I commented on it.
I still wish I had gotten two of these bad boys. This knife is way cool.

Back