BCCI Sambar stag 110?.

Mike Kerins said:
Based on your comments, I'll have to wait and see if I want to get the 112 companion. I was hoping for a blade similar to what is used on the 500 Duke.

I'd settle for a 442 blade in a 112 frame... :) Never mind this fancy swirly grinding and straight spine!!!... :grumpy:

Sorry, but you guys have me a bit confused. My 110 is everything I anticipated it would be. Mine is shown with a 42821 selector drop point serrated blade(it was easiest to get to), blade shape and grind are nearly identical(other than serrations).
000_0517.jpg

000_0519.jpg

Scott Hartman said:
Sorry, but you guys have me a bit confused.

You must not have a 426 drop-point... :(

My 110 is everything I anticipated it would be.

It's a great looking knife! It's just not what I thought the knife would be. ;)

Whatever. There's always eBay...and Leroy... ;) :D

chickentrax said:
You must not have a 426 drop-point... :(

It's a great looking knife! It's just not what I thought the knife would be. ;)

Whatever. There's always eBay...and Leroy... ;) :D
Ahh, and GOOSE!
I didn't order one as I came in too late and didn't wanna take from those that already ordered. Even if some ordered more than one, I wouldn't have felt right.
Goose.
BCCI 1190

:confused: ...Ya know, I've been watchin' fer a 426 drop point Bucklite for ages and haven't seen a single one...Not on "sleazeBay" or in any of the online stores floating around the web. I have a really nice 110 body that just craves one of them blades...:p :D :D

I caught the mailman trying to sneak across the front lawn. He looked surprised but after I wrestled the package out of his hands, he understood! Thanks for the timely mailing Mr. Oden... she's a beauty! :thumbup:

DSCN2024.jpg

So, back to a question I had earlier many threads ago...
Help, so that I may understand...
Are these BCCI units First or Second Cut Stag?
Inquiring Goose wants to know...

Well, let's see how well these show up...

The top is a 426 Bucklite; the middle is the BCCI knife, and the bottom is a 426 blade in a 110 frame (by Leroy Remer)...

The Bucklite really shows the extended curve of the spine...

Edit: BTW, don't set the sheath on anything valuable...like an IRS Refund Check, or a silk shirt...it's leaking something oily...

Edit2: Ya know, the finger grooves are almost unnoticeable on this knife...they shpw up much better on a wood scaled 110...

Buckaholic said:
Are these BCCI units First or Second Cut Stag?

Good question...my "guess" would be they are the outer sections; as this one is quite irregular in cross section (I had to tape it so it wouldn't tip over, the scale is so angled)...if it was second cut, they would probably have rounded the scale before jigging it...

Mine just arrived today and it is definitely first cut stag. I thought they did a better job of matching the sides then the last one I got. The more I look at the drop point blade, the better I like it. :thumbup: I'm not trying to compare it with any other blade but just making an assessment. I'll get the companion 112 when it's offered.

chickentrax said:
Why is your blade red??? Goose hasn't been licking that one, too, has he??? :eek:

Geeze... I hope not! :eek: Not sure what that red is except I was wearing a red shirt when I took the pix... reflection maybe?

I am impressed , my first finger groove 110.I like the blade design and the stag
is very good ,not as good as two of my other 110 stags,but still good,
Big Thanks to Oden.

BCCI # 975 for life:) :)

Has anyone noticed that the finger grooves on 110's with nickle silver bolsters do not extend the finger grooves onto the bolsters where they DO extend onto brass bolsters? I just happended to notice it last night when I was handling the new knife. I can post photos of both tonight.

Mike Kerins said:
Has anyone noticed that the finger grooves on 110's with nickle silver bolsters do not extend the finger grooves onto the bolsters where they DO extend onto brass bolsters?...

No, I didn't notice...You are eagle-eye scout... ;)

I wonder if that's why the FG's don't show up as well on these...

...But the bottom groove on mine does extend into the bolster, just a bit...1/8" at the most...the top one does not...you can just see it in that scan of mine up above...

Mike Kerins said:
Has anyone noticed that the finger grooves on 110's with nickle silver bolsters do not extend the finger grooves onto the bolsters where they DO extend onto brass bolsters? I just happended to notice it last night when I was handling the new knife. I can post photos of both tonight.

My 110NS Walnut (ZZ's) has the forward bolster FG'ed about a 25% of the groove.

If I don't understand, based on my comment and pic, please clarify.
Thanks,
Goose.

IMG_1756_op_800x600.jpg

Back