1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Blades & Beef

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Fullflat, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Llasi

Llasi Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2013
    [QUOTE = "3fifty7, post: 19373951, member: 467514"] Suena como un lomo de cerdo cortado al centro, supongo que tendría un adobo de salsa de pimienta y asado .?.?.?[/QUOTE]
    Adobo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobo

Fullflat and 3fifty7 like this.
  2. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
  3. Dcdavis

Dcdavis Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2018
    CE86DF72-F4F2-4018-A1BE-838D9AADF592.jpeg

4. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I ate most of this...:oops:
    [​IMG]

marchone, razorburn, 3fifty7 and 4 others like this.
  5. Keyopp

Keyopp Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2013
    [​IMG]

marchone, razorburn, 3fifty7 and 4 others like this.
  6. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
  7. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    “Roast” is quite a general term but that seems pretty high to me.

Fullflat likes this.
  8. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Rhinoknives1, 3fifty7 and Fullflat like this.
  9. Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
  10. l1ranger

l1ranger Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2017
    how about venison?
    [​IMG]

marchone, razorburn, Dcdavis and 2 others like this.
  11. Dcdavis

Oct 13, 2018
    EF94AB2C-CF97-477B-8C34-BE1DCC88EE6C.jpeg

razorburn, Fullflat and 3fifty7 like this.
  12. Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
    Dcdavis likes this.
  13. Dcdavis

Oct 13, 2018
    Thank ya. I’ve kept it on basically light to very minimal use so far. Really starting to itch to put it to work. Get some character on it. I may be crazy but I like a good worn looking Damascus

Fullflat likes this.
  14. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Is it true that the Environmentals want to stop the consumption of beef because of the amount of methane that they produce and thus contributing to global warming? Or that plus the fact they want everyone to become vegetarians?

Fullflat likes this.
  15. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    This isn't the place for that discussion.

16. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Ok. I have asked before, do they go into the political Arena? I do not seem to see that forum under the communtiy forum or current events forum.

Which knife will you likely use first to carve up your next steak?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Fullflat likes this.
  17. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    For that matter, how many of you will eat beef instead of turkey? What kind of cut and will you be using your knives to cut it or prepare it for cooking? The last few times we have gone to my brother-in-law's house to have steak, and ribs with three different sauces. Pretty sure they were pork ribs. Has anyone made beef ribs? And what sauces to just make my tastebuds water?

18. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    The political arena is in the current events subforum which is under the community discussion forums in the forums list. Imo any discussion on the ideas behind global warming or environmentalism belongs there because it will inevitably devolve into politics. If you want to discuss vegetarianism with no political discussion, community discussion might be the place but I'm betting it would also end up with hurts feelings, politics, or both.

I come to this thread to enjoy the delicious pictures of beef and knives, not to discuss other things. It's a picture thread after all.

To cut my steak I usually use whatever is on me or a good paring knife. If I'm going to a nice restaurant, I take a cool traditional or my large 21 micarta.

Edit: the PA is hard to find (with good reason imo). You must go into the current events sub and there is a link at the top. Of course, one must be a paying member. Here's a screen grab:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    cbach8tw likes this.
  19. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    So you are not opposed to bringing your own knife to a restaurant? I had some tough meet the other day and wished I had one of my folders.

Fullflat likes this.
  20. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Absolutely not. Looks like you just found the thread we recently had discussing the very subject.

Plus, I bring a knife everywhere any way, a restaurant is no different.

Fullflat and cbach8tw like this.