buck in movies

In the third season of Northern Exposure, episode eight, Dr. Joel goes hunting and buys a bunch of hunting stuff and raves over his new Buck 119 (which happens to be a wood and brass model).

He says, "I had one of these when I was a kid.......but it was rubber."

He's hunting birds, so the knife is not appropriate to task, but it was nice to see it.

This episode would have aired in the fall of 1991, I believe.

Maybe Joel had a rare one?

:D

I suspect he was just saying he had a rubber toy knife when he was a kid.

Phantasm, was it a 124 that the kid, Mike, I think, had next to his bed?

TV show: X Files, Scully uses one in the episode called Darkness Falls. My respect for her character moved up a couple points on that one. :thumbup:

thx - cpr

*gasp* your respect for her character wasn't already at full saturation? Jesus, man. she's Dana Katherine Scully. That woman has been abducted, brutally tortured, beaten half to death, had cancer, survived it, and then went through the ordeal of protecting her baby from the villains. Not to mention in Fight the Future, she was injected with a deadly virus and frozen. and i'm not even going to acknowledge I Want to Believe because that movie was a crock o' crap.

on another note, i've never really looked at movies before. i've only looked out for zippos or games the characters were playing or cell phones they were using. never really looked at knives. but now i'll be on the look-out for my favorite knife ever! :D

Sam (Bruce Campbell) in "Burn Notice" carries a 110. In one episode he is shown eating an apple with it.

It's been a while since I watched Easy Rider, but I think Dennis Hopper had a 110 in the scene where the rednecks beat Jack Nicholson to death.

Over the weekend, I was watching Harry and the Hendersons (with the kids...honest! :D) and in the sporting goods store scene, there is a Buck rotating display case on the counter. Ah, the good old days before clam shell packaging. :mad:

Anyway, you can see it here beginning at 3:16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLv9kdt5iw&feature=related

Also, a BuckMaster is worn by one of the main characters throughout the end of the movie.

very cool thread... I am always watching for knives...I know both Dukes in the old Dukes of Hazard wore 110's and the old Simon and Simon detective series was shot in San Diego and always had our knives showing up here and there.

LOTS NOT SHOW OUR AGE TOO MUCH(SIMON AND SIMON, OH BOY) pretty soon someone will say they have seen a buck knife on THE RIFLEMAN!!!!

Over the weekend, I was watching Harry and the Hendersons (with the kids...honest! :D) and in the sporting goods store scene, there is a Buck rotating display case on the counter. Ah, the good old days before clam shell packaging. :mad:

Anyway, you can see it here beginning at 3:16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLv9kdt5iw&feature=related

Also, a BuckMaster is worn by one of the main characters throughout the end of the movie.

Is that JOHN 3:16, for God so love the world he gave his only begotten Buck, that whosoever believth in him shal have ever lasting edge retention.

Back