Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

Here's an old 4 line Camillus from the 20s I was told by a Camillus expert on another forum.

MTHjBQy.jpg
i5TNykm.jpg

This thread got me all fired up to pull one of my Schrade knife rolls out. I may have a slight Schrade stockman problem. Not sure what it is about coined liners but the peachseed bone 825 leaves me in awe every time I pull it out.

I'm sure someone slapped together the 34ot with the punch as a parts knife or it was an end of days but it's still pretty neat. Very useful.

lUFP1xq.jpg qlKsdpP.jpg SVhD9n9.jpg z4ybV96.jpg

My Granddad gave this 58OT to my Dad in the 1960's (best my Dad can remember) - top picture. Dad kept it in his tackle box for decades, gave it to me five or six years ago; funny thing, it has no tang stamp at all - apparently never got stamped. The one still in the box I found at an antique auction several years ago, one of the Prince Albert tobacco knives. OH
image822.jpg

Ulster_58OT_Prince_Albert_premium_knife.JPG

Is there a difference between the old timers and uncle Henry’s in the display boxes versus the regular little cardboard boxes?

Just had been looking at these knives and wanting a thread about them. Thanks for the thread. Been thinking about getting a mint Uncle Henry senior stockman off eBay but dunno if I wanna pay $70 for one. Only ones I have is the whole Skoal Schrade collection that my dad saved lids for years ago lol

Thanks for reading
-Dylan

There’s no reason to pay $70 for one of those. Have a little patience and keep an eye out and you can probably pick one up for $30-40.

I seem to have accumulated more Old Timers than anything else built by Schrade USA, but I do have some Uncle Henry knives - the stainless sharpens about as easily as the Buck 420HC - you can get a plenty good edge on them. I keep a sharp 834UH or 897UH in each of my tackle boxes, can't beat stainless around water. OH
Uncle_Henry_LB7.jpg

Uncle_Henry_834UH_-_Schrade_.JPG

Schrade_897UH_Mark_.JPG

Uncle_Henry_127UH_Lockblade_Hunter.JPG

Some beautiful knives in this thread!

My favorite knife is a Camillus. Actually, I should rephrase that. My "most treasured" knife is a Camillus. There may be a couple of others that I prefer for one reason or another, but this one means the most to me as it was a gift from my father. When I was attending college out on the west coast, my parents came to visit me, stopping in New Mexico for the balloon festival. My dad stumbled upon Santa Fe Stoneworks and bought this knife for me. Mother of pearl and lapis inlays (the other handle is cherry). That was around 1993 and I carried this for about 20 years.

A few years back, I realized that I was pretty lucky that I had never damaged the mother of pearl and that I wanted to preserve this so I could pass it along to my own son. That is actually what led me to this site, eventually, as I sought to replace this in my pocket.

Speaking of my son, when I pulled this out to snap the (crappy) photos, he saw it and the second thing he said was, "That's the most beautiful one I have seen!" The first words out of his mouth, in a tone distressingly similar to his mother's, was, "Did you buy ANOTHER pocketknife???" Anyway, I told him it would be his in a few years...

IMG_1434.JPG IMG_1436.JPG

Back