Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

0596B997-486F-4899-983D-BCBF8C18BEB8.jpeg 19730861-225F-4339-8324-E398D7781BC1.jpeg So, I finally got chance to stop in down at Rock Cutlery, which houses a Camillus Cutlery museum. It was a very enjoyable time and the owner was both knowledgeable and friendly. If you are ever near Camillus, NY, I would strongly recommend stopping in. Worth the trip.
Peregrin posted several pictures from his visit to the museum. I thought I’d do the same, with some photos that are a little bit closer to show some details.

John

This will take a few posts....

Unlike Schrade knives, which I used to target for acquisition by model number, Camillus knives just seem to randomly appear in my knife accumulation - always a lucky find or a gift. There is no theme to my Camillus knife collection. An old Jack from a collectibles store, and a few gifts - the Delrin handled knives were gifts to me, the Tortoise Shell Stockman I gifted to a friend. OH

Camillus_13_Swell-end_Jackknife.jpg

Camillus_Official_BSA_1047.JPG

Camillus_Stockman.jpg

Camillus_Rimfire_Classic_22LR-3_MFG_1994.JPG

A TL29 in STAG!?!? Unobtanium?

Nice O.H. :):thumbsup: I like the combination of pruner and liner-lock screwdriver, seems like a knife I would have in my garage for various tasks :) I do like my Camillus pruner :thumbsup:

I think the hawkbill on an electricians knife is meant for drywall. Klein still makes a model like that. Perfect for re-wiring jobs where you need to cut openings for electrical boxes. Just as some come with a saw blade for notching studs, etc.

Back