1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Can one say it is SERVICE at all? Who will buy a knife from Darrel Ralph now...

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by filtrum, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vininull

vininull

May 29, 2012
    Thanks! I hope for a positive outcome also...
    I certainly waiting to hear from DR.

2. Luis G.

Luis G. Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I find this thread puzzling: First off all how many of us would have done with Vininull did?
    Very few would make videos regarding the 1st knife and 2nd time. Let alone risk knife and $1,200 by telling DDR's company that he wasn't gonna play ball with the blackmailing (something which seems to have prompted DDR's company to butcher the knife and made Vinull take a $500 loss.

In any case some patience will help Vininull, I get it you are frustrated and don't trust the maker just give it a few days. I also get that the feeling of helplessness is the worst. You are not alone anymore in your problem (great thing about this forum, when you are wrong we set differences aside and help each other), and you can trust US that we will pressure DDR to do right, or he will face the music.

DDR feels the risk of messing with Bladeforums and will likely act to preserve his place his that he worked hard to acquire. Man do I remember the name DDR being chanted on these forums as if he was one of the greatest makers, and it's a shame to see him have fallen so low.
    Bladeforums has tremendous pull with makers, and mfger's it is also one of the few few forums that doesn't allow scammers, thieves, and all-around bad characters in their forum NO matter who they are.

3. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    I guess something got lost in translation somewhere along the lines. What I'm going to suggest is that you simply give this discussion a break for a couple of days and see what transpires in the next 48 hours. The forum has no more information on what is happening than you do, but if you are being told the same thing by several different people it may benefit you to take the advice.

I am locking this thread before someone ends up saying something sarcastically they are going to regret later. Think of it as a little 24 hour vacation. This temporary closing will indeed happen, today.

4. Sharpe95th

Sharpe95th Banned BANNED

Apr 2, 2013
    ??????????

I get the impression that if I was a paying member then I wouldnt have been so hit upon for getting extremely annoyed at seeing someone get ripped off!! The Gentleman from Russia payed a hell of a lot of money for a knife that Stunk ( to say the least ) Infact it is the level of service here that I feel has UPSET the OP the most and who can say in their right mind? that Ralph deserves any kind of benefit of the doubt or should be given the chance to fix things. "He has resorted to BLACKMAIL!!!!!! ......Who cares if the OP has called his seceretary whatever, IMO she is just that and way beyond and so is anybody else who cheats, lies, steals and then on top of all what he and his company have done " are allowed by a Forum/Community that does base its principles on being for the people who enjoy Knives of everykind/ buying and selling/ information ect ect, and then is allowed to advertise/moderate/ or whatever you want to say he does for or with his company on a Forum where a hell of alot of its users pay good money to get the best out of it and support it.
    I myself will never purchase any kind of membership on this forum, and after seeing what the owner and even what "SOME" other Mods have shared in regards to this situation I will be deleting my account. BLADEFORUMS has in many ways left me with a sour taste in regards to the knife world and some of the lowlife that occupy it " I suppose thats just life in general though" If you allow Cockroaches to live under your sink who do you blame for finding one in your Kitchen?

"KARDA ( and yes I am attacking you" ) Why dont you carefully look over your previous posts and then have a serious think regards telling people to "knock it off folks" And how many people exactly has Ralph got to make it right with in the manner he has with the OP? seems to me that 3 days is way long enough to have replied in this situation and again your comments or both hypocrytical, contradictory and also I feel patronising that can only instigate a negative reply!!:thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn::rolleyes:

5. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    You are welcome to do so. Your ranting does you no credit and does us no favors.

6. wroughndt

wroughndt Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 31, 2011
    I'm waiting to see if Darrel actually came through with his promise to the OP....

7. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    :thumbup: I could not have put it better myself, and I tried. The ignorance in the post is far too thick to overcome, and sometimes you have to just cut your losses and move on.

8. reapinItUP

reapinItUP Banned BANNED

Jun 15, 2013
    Sharpe95th....dont let the door hit you on the way out....!!! wow....drama

9. Bye!!

10. reapinItUP

reapinItUP Banned BANNED

Jun 15, 2013
  11. Pittknife

Pittknife

Oct 1, 2013
    Alright, just let the dude have his say and leave so it doesn't derail this thread. I am really interested in seeing if the the Russian dude was made right by DDR. I was interested in some of his knives but threads like have put me in another direction.

12. magnumb

magnumb

Jun 26, 2011
    In just a few minutes (my time zone), the latest promises by DR will have been made one week ago.

Even though I expect DR will fulfill his promise due to the very deliberate pressures brought upon himself by his own actions and then subsequently by BF members, he did state that the knife/$ would be sent 'today'.........7 days ago.

I have bought hundreds of knives, 99% customs, and have received tracking info that very same day, in 99% of those transactions. The other 1%, no more than 2 days later.

If I were as under the proverbial 'microscope' as DR finds himself these last several days, I'm thinkin' that I would, at worst, stick very closely to my latest promises to ensure that all that are watching see that I can make and keep a promise. In fact, if possible, I would have finished my 'promise post', written the check and packaged it up with the knife and headed as fast as possible to the closest USPS, FedEx, UPS or what have you and sent it all on it's way. Then, I would have emailed the tracking # to the OP as soon as humanly possible.

I get the 'patience' thing, I really do, but one full week and no communication whatsoever.............:confused:. Had this been the OP and DR's very first go 'round about the knife's issues which initially brought into question DR's customer service standards, his honesty, integrity, etc., I could better understand the 'patience' sentiment.........I fully expect that the majority here would feel the same. But, it is obvious that we're well past the first go 'round and given that, the OP has every right to post his very justifiable feelings/doubts/concerns.....as would any of us.

Again................I do expect that the OP will wind up receiving the items which were promised, but by his own unsolicited statements, DR has already miserably failed to do the right thing and live up to his promise of supplying a tracking # to the OP. There's generally always a bit of wiggle room for 'the grey area' in many situations, but given DR's past and very current history, if I were him, I'd feel that embracing a more definitive black and/or white approach to his current business practices would be a much more prudent choice going forward........certainly more beneficial to his customers. That that still hasn't happened...................very disturbing, at best.

If anyone can honestly say that they'd feel any different than the OP if they were currently in his shoes and experienced all that he has, I've got some very, very high-end custom knives for you...............all signed by their makers while holding the carbide bits between their toes while having seizures. Of those for sale, only the $1,000+ knives have been signatured in this very unique style. These pieces are obviously very rare and coveted knives, indeed. Holy Grails all..........a collectors dream.

Time stamps will prevail........come and get 'em!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  13. vininull

vininull

May 29, 2012
    OK guys, so here is an update for Wed. 16.07.2014:

Yesterday (Tuesday) I received a very short email from DDR asking if I want the knife to be set to tip-up or tip-down carry.
    I answered that I would like a tip-down setup and I also reminded about one of my most important requests that was asked from the outset - thin bevel.
    I asked for S110V steel initially, because I want this thing to be able to cut good. So it was very upsetting for me when previous knives came with bevel over 1mm thickness being unable to cut even a piece of paper.
    I haven't received any answer (as was my previous email) but I hope that DR will listen to that...

P.S. DDRs post about sending the checked/double checked knife last week, still remains unclear to me as there was obviously nothing to send out or check at that time.
    Hopefully he is working on the knife and eventually it'll be finished in the near future...

14. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    It makes sense that he could not send out the knife immediately, even though he seemed to say he would. It would take time to do it right, check it carefully, and send it securely.

But a little more communication by now would have been reassuring.

15. AKnife

AKnife

May 10, 2009
    At least you finally got an email... Sucks that he lied about sending out the cash and knife a week ago. Then again what did everyone expect?

16. slava77

slava77

Oct 11, 2012
    tester from Israel,but the channel on Russian !
    I share his indignation !
    It's complete shit ! I saw and other knives from DR "custom made" also curves and oblique,as well as work with clients.
    serial model has a much higher quality.

17. magnumb

magnumb

Jun 26, 2011

In it's entirety......I respectfully disagree.

DR clearly stated that he would send out the knife that very day and that he had already checked and double-checked the new, 3rd knife for purposes of F&F/acceptability. He also, by anyone's standards (much less a provider/maker currently embroiled in a mess that he himself brought on), should have been communicating with the OP on a daily basis until the 3rd knife arrived and both individuals retired satisfied and pleased to their respective corners.

DR made the unfortunate and lofty, but totally unsolicited statements that he did, without provocation, as an adult and as a self purported, honest, trustworthy........businessman and BF member. That he chose to use the words, form the sentences and then send the message that we all should be expected to be able to take to the bank (the OP being more hopeful than all others)..........is on DR, as no one strong armed nor coerced him to make these promises.

What is very clear is that DR never 'seemed' to say that he would send the knife out that very day (sent securely is understood, common practice and is certainly not a long, tedious task) and, that the knife had already been checked and then double-checked personally by him (how....I can't imagine).........as a result, not adding an extra minute to the time necessary to fulfill his promise to the OP. He never 'seemed' to say anything........he said what he said, plain and simple.

These were his words, his promises, his assurances.....no one else's. If we all feel that we're allowed or given license to assume what a member here is really saying or thinking and what their 'true' intentions are, as opposed to what they actually say, is in fact, a reasonable and acceptable way to interpret any and all members/mods posts........this would necessarily and quite assuredly cause more issues, hard feelings, dysfunction, gross misrepresentations, anger and turmoil than most any other possible approach to how we elect to decipher another persons statements, true intentions, promises, declarations and motives, etc.

As stated in my previous post, there's very little room for 'the grey area' when integrity, monies, service and promises are in play and on the line. Such is the case here.....IMHO.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  18. timdgsr

timdgsr

Jun 12, 2011
    After reading through this post, I was convinced I would jump on the trash DR bandwagon. The service and attitude provided up until this point was clearly unacceptable. However, the man offered a public apology and to replace the knife (without requesting the previously sold version back), as well as offering enough $$ to get Vininull back to square one. While this doesn't necessarily make all wrongs right, it's more than I would expect most companies to do in this situation in an attempt to make it right.

As long as he follows through on his promises in a reasonable time frame, I'm not sure what else you guys could expect from him.

The topic of who is making the knife is probably for another thread.

19. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Uuuuhhhhhh, so wait. Folks are talking like getting worked by this Darrel Ralph guy is a common (and commonly known) issue...and Darrel's a mod here?! Awwwwkkkkward...

20. newknif

newknif Banned BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    Why does no one understand that a forum mod has no real affiliation with Bladeforums? There is no money being made by anyone having a company rep as a mod. There is no insider stuff that the forum mod is privy to. There is nothing about it that is wrong.

Except of course the neuroticism it is causing some.

Stay on topic or we'll all miss the stunning conclusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.