"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

JohnDF JohnDF I apologize, I stuck my foot in my mouth so to speak. I'm all hat and no horse these days. And any man puts family first deserves much respect, my hat off to you. I'll be the first to say I'm no cowboy in the sense of you or Horsewright, I've never been that caliber. I usually tell people I'm a plain country boy not a cowboy. But I have slung many a bale of hay, plowed plenty of dirt, hoed more corn than I want to recall,hand shucked and shelled feed corn that we grew. And chopped holes in ice of the water cistern for the cows b4 school, while my sister fed them. I carried a Vic camping model back then, what did you like to carry in your cowboying days:):thumbsup: in other words, peace brother, lets enjoy our pocket knives;)

th

Jack ...once upon a time that wouldn't have been a problem for me....nowadays however I would ask for a written application to move seats with an associated surcharge applicable by a 50% refund of my fare and an inconvenience surcharge equal to but exceeding 75% of my companions fare...in lieu of moving to business class seats at no extra charge....subject to my whim.
Isn't that how it works now?
Balance the plane indeed.
If that doesn't work I'd ask the hostie if she would care to go and "stabilise my aircraft"
in the mile high club"...if not then I'm staying put.:cool::rolleyes::D

Yeah, then they come and tazer you, stick you in the hold, and ban you from flying for life! :eek: Just for objecting to being treated like ballast rather than a passenger! o_O :D :thumbsup:

Yes, the Smokey Bear/drill seargeant hats are great for the sun. I had a garrison cap in the early '70s when I was in Boy Scouts, and it provided ZERO protection from the sun.

I remember reading an outdoor book when I was a kid, which said that as well as keeping your head dry, and the sun off of it, a good hat should allow you to carry/bail a decent amount of water if necessary, have a crown your horse/dog can drink water from, and have a brim wide enough to allow you to smoke a full-sized cigar in the rain without getting it wet! :)

I like full-brimmed hats, and am always tempted to buy more (have my eye on a couple at the moment). I often feel a bit self-conscious wearing them though, particularly as I have got older, as they seem to have developed an association with male mid-life crisis here! :eek: o_O:D :thumbsup:

Classic.
But I can not gaze upon the face of Hagman without I dream of genie coming to mind.
That plus the warning sound.
Remember when she gasses out of her bottle in a green mist? So when someone drops a ninja (silent but deadly) it is polite for them to imitate the genie theme music as a warning to others.

By coincidence, one of the clues in the Saturday crossword in my newspaper was I Dream of Jeannie (the answer being Larry Hagman). I hadn't thought of the show in years, in fact I'd almost forgotten he was in it :thumbsup:

Classic.
But I can not gaze upon the face of Hagman without I dream of genie coming to mind.
That plus the warning sound.
Remember when she gasses out of her bottle in a green mist? So when someone drops a ninja (silent but deadly) it is polite for them to imitate the genie theme music as a warning to others.
Never watched "Dallas"-- too much of a soap opera. Saw every episode of "I Dream of Jeannie" multiple times. Own the series now.

Meako proves how little I really know :D I should've done this in the break room at work last week when someone walked in at a very unfortunate time :confused::rolleyes:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I would accidentally start whistling the theme to the Andy Griffith Show... that wouldn't make any sense and just be awkward ;)

Last edited:
I know some of you folks like Spam ......
I haven't had it in awhile but used to have Spam and eggs once in awhile.
CNdd1n5.jpg
I diced up Spam and mixed in with scrambled eggs last weekend topped with some shredded sharp cheddar :):thumbsup: That particular meal has been a part of my breakfast menu ever since I was a kid at deer hunting camp... my Uncle would make it every 3rd morning after pancakes /sausage and french toast / bacon. He would call it "Spam Surprise" even though we all knew it was next on the list.

And the jalepeño is even betterer! :D
Totally agree on this one Jeff :cool::thumbsup:

Back