"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

meako

Gold Member
Happy(??) Festivus everyone.
Prester John Prester John that is a beautiful gingerbread house...my compliments to the chef.....but seriously..a hammer? My strategy would be to use for instance a sharp knife to "erode" the house one course of bricks at a time while shes not looking...starting at the bottom until all thats left is that deelicious looking chimbley.

scrteened porch

Gold Member
Prester John Prester John that is a beautiful gingerbread house...my compliments to the chef.....but seriously..a hammer? My strategy would be to use for instance a sharp knife to "erode" the house one course of bricks at a time while shes not looking...starting at the bottom until all thats left is that deelicious looking chimbley.
Then ask her how she screwed it up, or what she's playing at.

scrteened porch

Gold Member
A Surprisingly Simple Biochemistry Rule Drives the Evolution of Useless Complexity
I haven't read it yet, but it looks worth passing along.
Scitechdaily.

meako

Gold Member
Im thinking the whole lots gunna have to come down due to one side being weakened by subsidence...or yer gunna have to prop it up with accros and scaffold it using candysticks and marshmallows and pretzels.....form a team of men from the family wearing hi viz vests and helmets...start measuring and jotting down notes and generally being pitas.....walking around the premises talking to each other on mobiles ....mentioning costs and availabilities....she will likely just knock it down herself:)....put in a tender for removal of the debris....Bobs yer Uncle.

She said she would put a hammer beside it, and if I wanted to destroy her creation, to go ahead.
Brrrrr..... got a little winter chill from that from long-distance!

I recall from reading recipes specifically for gingerbread houses that the ingredients, while edible, were optimized for house-building and stability and not necessarily yummy.

My one Christmas Eve food indulgence was a piece of toast! Mmmmm, toast!

afishhunter

Gold Member
well ... daRn. :(
The staffette with a bun in the oven (I didn't put it in there) just flunked her weekly Covids test today. Yeah. She was on duty from 14:00 to 22:00 yesterday. She is laid off as of today, until she can pass the test.

Sense she captured some Covids between last week and today, all us residents got tested this afternoon.
I didn't study for the test, but I still hope to pass it.
Not leaving my room other than for as needed meds once every 6 to 11 hours an day, and no visitations might help.

scrteened porch

Gold Member
The staffette with a bun in the oven (I didn't put it in there) just flunked her weekly Covids test today. Yeah. She was on duty from 14:00 to 22:00 yesterday. She is laid off as of today, until she can pass the test.

Sense she captured some Covids between last week and today, all us residents got tested this afternoon.
Not leaving my room other than for as needed meds once every 6 to 11 hours an day, and no visitations might help.
Good luck.

Prester John

Basic Member
Good idea, Jon. :thumbsup:
Brrrrr..... got a little winter chill from that from long-distance!

I recall from reading recipes specifically for gingerbread houses that the ingredients, while edible, were optimized for house-building and stability and not necessarily yummy.

My one Christmas Eve food indulgence was a piece of toast! Mmmmm, toast!
This one's yummy. Only good stuff!

Headwinds

Basic Member

Certainly hope you and she and all your neighbors get through all this OK. :thumbsup:

Peregrin

Traditional Forum Moderator
Gold Member

Sorry to hear this. Hope it turns OK for you and the others in your facility. Like everyone else I'll be glad when this pandemic passes.
My niece works in a nursing home. She got her first vaccination yesterday. She had a liver transplant less than 2 years ago, and we've all been worried for her.

Edited to add: She asked her Doc at the Mayo Clinic if she should get the COVID vaccination. His answer was an emphatic YES!

Last edited:

scrteened porch

Gold Member
Sorry to hear this. Hope it turns OK for you and the others in your facility. Like everyone else I'll be glad when this pandemic passes.
My niece works in a nursing home. She got her first vaccination yesterday. She had a liver transplant less than 2 years ago, and we've all been worried for her.
Yikes.

scrteened porch

Gold Member
X4pvNUp.jpg