"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Keeping a low profile my friend. Healing my wounds. Austin has become a cesspool of crime. The latest...a midnight theft of my catalytic converter. They rolled under my car and cut it out along with a good portion of my exhaust system. Used an electric metal saw...found a broken blade ! $1000.00 poof to say nothing of the stress involved with dealing with it all

Trying to stay positive and mirror into the quantum field ! emphasis on trying...prayers welcome...lol

Thanks for thinking of me my friend (s) !
Sorry for the woes Gev, :( but glad that your making the effort to remain positive. I stand with you in prayer my friend. 💪

... Austin has become a cesspool of crime. The latest...a midnight theft of my catalytic converter. They rolled under my car and cut it out along with a good portion of my exhaust system. Used an electric metal saw...found a broken blade ! $1000.00 poof to say nothing of the stress involved with dealing with it all
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Gev. :(
I thought stealing catalytic converters was a thing 10 or 20 years ago, but hadn't realized it was still a "hot crime". But some online "research" suggests that monthly thefts of converters in the US averaged 4 times as many in 2020 as in 2019, and some folks conjecture it's another "side effect" of the pandemic.

- GT

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Gev. :(
I thought stealing catalytic converters was a thing 10 or 20 years ago, but hadn't realized it was still a "hot crime". But some online "research" suggests that monthly thefts of converters in the US averaged 4 times as many in 2020 as in 2019, and some folks conjecture it's another "side effect" of the pandemic.

- GT
Almost impossible to stop ! Coming to a parking lot or driveway near you :poop::thumbsdown:I hope you never experience the trauma of the sound when you start you car....far worse than the dreaded....ping.

One eye under the car in Austin...Seattle...

Much appreciated, Charlie ! Your postings always lift my spirits and did !! Thank you fine Sir. I hope you are doing well. Rejuvenation and divine right wholeness to you
I'm glad my inanities help a bit!!
I feel your wishes working, Gev!!
Thanks!!

I have to confess that I'm not as down with the kidz as I once was, and was intrigued to know if there was any difference between 🤟 and 🤘? (Yes, I can hear you youngsters sniggering away!) Well, it seems there is a significant difference : rolleyes: Since when did 🤟 mean 'I love you'?! : confused: Am I the only one who didn't know?! : eek: : rolleyes: 😉 :thumbsup:

The good news is that I seem popular at the local heavy metal bar ;)

Last edited:
That is American Sign Language for "I Love you".
Sign Language is different in different countries.

I think I'm going to have re-watch a few movies now John! :eek: Thanks buddy, I didn't realise it was sign language, it does vary from country to country. I know now, just in case anyone doesn't speak Vulcan! 🖖 ;) :thumbsup:

I have to confess that I'm not as down with the kidz as I once was, and was intrigued to know if there was any difference between 🤟 and 🤘? (Yes, I can hear you youngsters sniggering away!) Well, it seems there is a significant difference : rolleyes: Since when did 🤟 mean 'I love you'?! : confused: Am I the only one who didn't know?! : eek: : rolleyes: 😉 :thumbsup:

The good news is that I seem popular at the local heavy metal bar ;)
In Texas, 🤘 is displayed, along with the phrase, "Hook 'em!" to express support for the University of Texas's sport teams, The Longhorns. Longhorns are a kind of beef cattle, and the mascot, Bevo, is a longhorn steer.
Not a bull, but a steer. This always amused me a bit on game day. ;)

In Texas, 🤘 is displayed, along with the phrase, "Hook 'em!" to express support for the University of Texas's sport teams, the Longhorns. Longhorns are a kind of beef cattle, and the mascot, Bevo, is a longhorn steer.
Not a bull, but a steer. This always amused me a little on game day.

That's interesting Rachel :cool: Funnily enough, I had a Texas Longhorns T-Shirt, bought from Sheffield market, when I was about 11 :D :thumbsup:

RC (Royal Crown) cola and a Moon Pie. An iconic Southern US combination and inspiration for a famous song.

Edit: John just beat me to it...
Back to Royal Crown Cola if you will : Back in the early 50's we would drink RC instead of Coke or Pepsi because of the Bottle Size . Then you could buy them for 5 to 7 cents and get a 2 cent bottle deposit back . We also could get a pack of Planters peanuts for 5 cents and we would put the peanuts into the Royal Crown . Barbara Mandrel even made a very popular song in which she sang " peanuts in our RCs " . I guess that kind of dates my age a little .
I have to admit that I am having a little trouble understanding the new Imogis , but that is OK . But I do have 2 little Great Granddaughters that are trying to teach me a little sign language . Their parents were teaching that to them before they could talk .

Harry

Back