Carothers and Guns

Yes agree 100% and easy to clean too. Drop it, throw it doesn’t matter. It will still be ugly and still work.
Not just basic cleaning either (for folks unfamiliar with Glocks). They're actually one of the simpler semi-auto designs, and really don't have that many parts compared to a lot of other platforms.

It's really not difficult for the average Joe to learn to literally take a Glock completely apart to every single separate piece, and put them back together, which makes it super easy to replace any springs and other wear items.

Got a Trijicon front sight for my SP101:thumbsup:
mcBbXzy.jpg

e7MDlVH.jpg
e9Ukzu4.jpg

In other news, my local gun dealer is going to limit and ration ammo so that some people don't come in and clean out the store! For a So. Cal gun store, his ammo shelves are usually well stocked and I don't mind paying him a few $ more which he charges as opposed to Bass Pro which I will have to drive almost 100 miles each way. That said, a good 1/3 of his shelves looked empty today when I paid a visit. Most of the cheaper 9mm range ammos were gone!

Got a Trijicon front sight for my SP101:thumbsup:
mcBbXzy.jpg

e7MDlVH.jpg
e9Ukzu4.jpg

Niiice :)

I will have to check to what Trijicon offers for my 686 SSR. Chad had said mentioned a gold dot front sight for a classier revolver but I don'y trust these aging eyes to be able to pick that type of fs. Sure as heck, I can't pick the ones it comes with (red ramp) in the low light situation :(

Niiice :)

I will have to check to what Trijicon offers for my 686 SSR. Chad had said mentioned a gold dot front sight for a classier revolver but I don'y trust these aging eyes to be able to pick that type of fs. Sure as heck, I can't pick the ones it comes with (red ramp) in the low light situation :(

Thanks Mat! My aging eyes find this one easier to pick up than the the Meprolight I had on there before. The white circle around the tritium lamp is easier to spot when it’s not completely dark.o_O
Meprolight
cMFneru.png

Trijicon
mcBbXzy.jpg

Last edited:
In other news, my local gun dealer is going to limit and ration ammo so that some people don't come in and clean out the store! For a So. Cal gun store, his ammo shelves are usually well stocked and I don't mind paying him a few $ more which he charges as opposed to Bass Pro which I will have to drive almost 100 miles each way. That said, a good 1/3 of his shelves looked empty today when I paid a visit. Most of the cheaper 9mm range ammos were gone!

Doesn't California already have a limit on the amount of ammo you can purchase in any given month? Seems like I read somewhere, you couldn't purchase more than 50 Rounds a month of 9mm ammo Now:confused: (I reserve the right to be wrong)

Doesn't California already have a limit on the amount of ammo you can purchase in any given month? Seems like I read somewhere, you couldn't purchase more than 50 Rounds a month of 9mm ammo Now:confused: (I reserve the right to be wrong)

Fake news :p

Just 10 rounds magazine limits and as for ammo sales, seller must generate a report of sale to the state government.

The RAMI is at home :D I had sworn to take it easy and not to spend any more extra $ BUT I am sorry, firstly those cheap arse rubber grips gotta go! Also changing some of the cheaply made CZ internals with the higher grade CGW component. But for now, how it looks just outta box:

qLlox4g.jpg

Last edited:
The RAMI is at home :D I had sworn to take it easy and not to spend any more extra $ BUT I am sorry, firstly those cheap arse rubber grips gotta go! Also changing some of the cheaply made CZ internals with the higher grade CGW component. But for now, how it looks just outta box:

qLlox4g.jpg

Looks like a nice CCW Mat. Looking forward to seeing the upgrades.:thumbsup::)

Looks like a nice CCW Mat. Looking forward to seeing the upgrades.:thumbsup::)

Thank you Gus :)

I have already ordered an OD green/Black set of grips in checkered pattern from LOK grips. I am happy with the LOKs on my P-01, so I went back to them as they are reputable, made in the USA and stand behind their products. There are cheaper and fancier looking options, but LOK has earned my biz for now.

As for changing over the other parts, the only one visually noticeable will be the trigger because I will be going with a flatter radius one instead of this OE which is deeply curved. As for the RAMI, I have been reading about its quirks and its shortcomings so really the purpose of changing some internals is to bolster its performance. After a whole evening of handling, cleaning and dry-firing with snap-caps, I can tell Ya that this chubby fella is a heavy and stout lil fella! I will not be CCW'ing per se here in Cali although I am now looking for some good IWB sheaths for both of my CZs for drills / practices and safe parking ;)

Thank you Gus :)

I have already ordered an OD green/Black set of grips in checkered pattern from LOK grips. I am happy with the LOKs on my P-01, so I went back to them as they are reputable, made in the USA and stand behind their products. There are cheaper and fancier looking options, but LOK has earned my biz for now.

As for changing over the other parts, the only one visually noticeable will be the trigger because I will be going with a flatter radius one instead of this OE which is deeply curved. As for the RAMI, I have been reading about its quirks and its shortcomings so really the purpose of changing some internals is to bolster its performance. After a whole evening of handling, cleaning and dry-firing with snap-caps, I can tell Ya that this chubby fella is a heavy and stout lil fella! I will not be CCW'ing per se here in Cali although I am now looking for some good IWB sheaths for both of my CZs for drills / practices and safe parking ;)

I love my Lock grips on my SA MCO

How did this thread fall back into page 2 while all the gun stores are being virtually ransacked by the panicking public?! :confused:

I have a very serious question from like-minded gun loving nincompoops (this is a compliment actually) :eek:

I recently bought a weapon flashlight which may fit a full-size pistol better than my compact size. I am really very seriously thinking another 9mm from CZ (SP-01) when things get back to normalcy vs just selling that light and losing like $20 if that. I can't bring myself to the latter decision though :D What would you do if you were knutz like me, i.e, go for the CZ trifecta (I have compact & subcompact) or just another platform altogether, like 45 ACP? In this case, I'm leaning much more toward the former option although everything which I own will be in 9mm.

Guys, this is a very serious Q which has been consuming me :oops:

How did this thread fall back into page 2 while all the gun stores are being virtually ransacked by the panicking public?! :confused:

I have a very serious question from like-minded gun loving nincompoops (this is a compliment actually) :eek:

I recently bought a weapon flashlight which may fit a full-size pistol better than my compact size. I am really very seriously thinking another 9mm from CZ (SP-01) when things get back to normalcy vs just selling that light and losing like $20 if that. I can't bring myself to the latter decision though :D What would you do if you were knutz like me, i.e, go for the CZ trifecta (I have compact & subcompact) or just another platform altogether, like 45 ACP? In this case, I'm leaning much more toward the former option although everything which I own will be in 9mm.

Guys, this is a very serious Q which has been consuming me :oops:
Well, you already have CPKs in a range of sizes. Seems like a no-brainer.

I’ve found the smaller the handgun the harder they are to shoot quickly/accurately and vice versa, so I see a full size handgun in your future. If u like the way the CZ shoots, then u have your answer, but it’s ok to cheat on your CZ too. :D

Darren, I have actually come from the Beretta platform but these CZs have grown on me. Your point on the larger handguns and hence the longer sight radius is absolutely correct in terms of more accuracy. Thank you my friend for all your sage words :thumbsup:

Back