CAS - RyanW Collaboration Knife (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very cool Ryan...

In general I prefer my knives without a guard. That said, I've never had a knife of this style. My fixed blade knives, are designed and used for hunting, and for my personal use, the guard gets in the way.
But looking at the pictures in your first post, in my opinion, the knife looks really complete with the guard. Not that there was anything wrong with the original design, but it completely changes the knife, by adding the guard :thumbup:

San Mai steel.. :thumbup: Very cool. Can't wait to see this one finished

So........ since I got a message about how I rudely degraded Ryan and his design with my post on page 1.... I figured I better come on here to point out that I was JOKING with him.

Especially
considering the quote in his original post was from my email to him, and so was the following sketch. ;) So, NO, I wasn't really being mean to Ryan. :rolleyes: LOL

I like both of these guys and their work very much, so I too am very excited to see this knife come to life! :) :thumbup: :cool:

medium800.jpg

Haha. The cat is out of the bag!

Nick, I never felt you were rude or talking down to me at any point in my dealings with "Redneck Engineering". I was actually suprised to hear back from you, word has it you are a pretty big deal :D! You know I appreciate your input.

Any guesses on Critique #2's Identity?

I won't say his name, for sake of confidentiality, but I would bet his initials rhyme with, "Mike Quesenberry".... ;) :D

I won't say his name, for sake of confidentiality, but I would bet his initials rhyme with, "Mike Quesenberry".... ;) :D

Mr. Q didn't return my calls, guess he is even a bigger deal! (Just Kidding, it was not MQ and I didn't ask for his help on this one... YET)

Shawn,
That is the only question I asked Claudio when I received the photos.

My understanding is it prevents the forge welds from opening up when forging to shape. Just a Precaution.

Claudio has been very busy on this project! Every time I get an email from him my stomach does a somersault (What a weird word that is... first time in my life typing it out... Sorrry back on track)

This photo Claudio Normalizes & Anneals the forged to shape blade
1-2.jpg

Into the surface grinder, you can see where the blade has been tapered towards the cutting edge and tip. Very nice Equipment My friend!
2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-1.jpg

GREAT stuff goin on here...and as I was typing, a hawk just swooped by and perched on a nearby branch...COOL!

Peter

In a few days begin my vacation, I do not know if I will finish it before I go or if Ryan must wait longer:devilish::D .... hahaha

That's a very interesting surface grinder. Looks safe, too.

Really enjoying this WIP . . . Thank you Claudio and Ryan.

Great work guys! I'm looking forward to more pics later. :cool:

Claudio. Please go enjoy your vacation! We can all work on our patience. Besides I need to spend some time practicing my guard work :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back