"Castaway" blade?

I agree! Haven't had to find myself in this position yet but it's the one I take with me for that just in case SHTF scenario :)

Q8G1nwZ.jpg

Awesome picture! That's a lot of buttons and switches :eek:o_O:)

That's a lot of buttons and switches :eek:o_O:)
"And every one of them is important in keeping you from being dead" < I'll never forget that reply on my first day of flight lessons to the exact same comment and one prik of a FI- but a damn good one, still livin ;)

"And every one of them is important in keeping you from being dead" < I'll never forget that reply on my first day of flight lessons to the exact same comment and one prik of a FI- but a damn good one, still livin ;)

Or keeping everyone onboard from becoming a castaway ;):cool::thumbsup:

2nd Gen. Steel Heart Ergo. My go-to as a one-knife solution. Super well-rounded and balanced(literally and figuratively) knife.

Ha! Late to the game but what a great thread!

Easy! The one thing you don't find on an island is steel so bring as much as you can....Custom Shop WTF!!!!

Its a coconut chopper, axe, signal mirror, check out your beard mirror, shovel, paddle, fake shark fin, something pretty to stare at for 2-50 years, and soooooo much more!!! What more do you need?

Ha! Late to the game but what a great thread!

Easy! The one thing you don't find on an island is steel so bring as much as you can....Custom Shop WTF!!!!

Its a coconut chopper, axe, signal mirror, check out your beard mirror, shovel, paddle, fake shark fin, something pretty to stare at for 2-50 years, and soooooo much more!!! What more do you need?

A knife?

Definitely the BB13 Battle Grade. The BG is thinner and faster. You will definitely want that for cutting palms, coconuts, bamboo, and grass. The grass NEVER seems to stop growing.

I have spent months in the Caribbean in the forest next to the sea with a 1311 and it did everything from chopping to clearing to food prep without too many problems. A little stopping and some mineral oil and the edge stayed great except for the time that I hit some rocks while digging with it.

Last edited:
Definitely the BB13 Combat Grade. The CG is thinner and faster. You will definitely want that for cutting palms, coconuts, bamboo, and grass. The grass NEVER seems to stop growing.

I have spent months in the Caribbean in the forest next to the sea with a 1311 and it did everything from chopping to clearing to food prep without too many problems. A little stopping and some mineral oil and the edge stayed great except for the time that I hit some rocks while digging with it.
Don't you mean the BB13 BG (Battle Grade)? That, I thought, was the thinner one, with SR101 steel. I have the Combat Grade (CG). It's pretty.... robust.

Don't you mean the BB13 BG (Battle Grade)? That, I thought, was the thinner one, with SR101 steel. I have the Combat Grade (CG). It's pretty.... robust.
Yeah. I have a CG BB13 but it's a bit chubby behind the edge and point for me. I love seeing the work REK has done to them. Would love to have mine done someday.

Back