CBM's - Customized Benchmade's

DOAT did a great job on my Mini-RSK Mk1 Carbon Fiber and Amboyna Burl scales! I have used the M390 blade out of one of my EDC rotation since this is going to be a user, albeit mostly when I am "dressed up." I thought I had a spare black AXIS Lock bar, but... I will change it out soon as I get one. I think I know where to find one. :D In the meantime, here are a couple photos:

DOAT_CF-Amboyna_Burl_Mini_1000w.jpg

DOAT_CF-Amboyna_Burl_Mini_Back_1000w.jpg

DOAT did a great job on my Mini-RSK Mk1 Carbon Fiber and Amboyna Burl scales! I have used the M390 blade out of one of my EDC rotation since this is going to be a user, albeit mostly when I am "dressed up." I thought I had a spare black AXIS Lock bar, but... I will change it out soon as I get one. I think I know where to find one. :D In the meantime, here are a couple photos:

Very nice. Doesn't get much classier than that. He did a great job on those :thumbup:

Recently took apart my 580 Barrage and took the assist spring out of it. Then all I had to contend with was the back spacer and the cheap feeling scales. Well just yesterday I was looking through my collection and noticed the standoffs on one of my Sanrenmu 710s looked to be almost the same size. Well turns out they aren't perfect, but about 10 minutes on the belt grinder and another 10 assembling and I had removed the back spacer and replaced it with 2 stainless steel standoffs. I know it isn't perfect, but they look pretty darn good and in my opinion add to the overall attractiveness of the knife. Pics to come soon.

Can anyone here who does custom work gimme the size of stand offs for a 585 mini barrage? Our perhaps tell me where I can find some?

I was wondering who got those DOAT scales! Very nice.

Keyman pimped Bone Collector....note the killer jimping on the sea foam scales. (Thanks Keyman, your'e the MAN)

Attachments

• bone collector2 007.jpg
    bone collector2 007.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 58
  • bone collector2 005.jpg
    bone collector2 005.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 45
  • bone collector2 003.jpg
    bone collector2 003.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 54
  • bone collector2 002.jpg
    bone collector2 002.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Just got this bad boy off the exchange, 551 with Wilkins "Grey Ghost" titanium grips. So nice I want to call it a Gripbenza.

3820174952_5mWL2ST-XL.jpg

[video=youtube;BzjUz--Wv54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjUz--Wv54[/video]

Just got this bad boy off the exchange, 551 with Wilkins "Grey Ghost" titanium grips. So nice I want to call it a Gripbenza.

3820174952_5mWL2ST-XL.jpg
Man I was going nuts trying to scrounge up money to buy that knife. Very nice. I hope to add one to my collection in the coming months. The Gripbenza really excites me as that is what I was hoping for. I sold my CRK because I couldn't get over the frame lock

Got some of these done over the weekend.

Bleh, tired of sanding these.

Cocobolo

Desert Ironwood Burl

Amboyna Burl

Also made a program for a mini in peelply to match the large.

Think I forgot to post these up too.

This is a lot like the other I did, but with a straight bolster line.

And an 806 with a wood inlay. Not the colors I would have chosen, but the wood is nice. Black ash burl.

Man I was going nuts trying to scrounge up money to buy that knife. Very nice. I hope to add one to my collection in the coming months. The Gripbenza really excites me as that is what I was hoping for. I sold my CRK because I couldn't get over the frame lock

It's quite a bit heavier than my CRKs but it still feels awesome. I found an old X15.TN H2O Grip in my collection that's going to be getting a set of Wilkins in Swimming Pool next.

Back