Christmas gift swap!!! LAST DAY TO JUMP IN!!

F I N A L L Y !!!!!
Folks, it's not too often something in the JUST1MOR household can make a room of us speechless . . . unless it's a box from Shawn (blademinister). Buddy, you quieted all 11 of us this morning when I finally got to take that Wolf Creek Forge (www.wolfcreekforge.com) tomahawk out of that box. No one spoke for about 10-15 seconds (I swear), and then everyone wanted to hold, touch, feel, grab, and basically wrestle it away from me. I just sat and looked at it, I could not believe what I was holding.
Sally T. is an antique hunter from waaaaay back, and our home is like walking into the 1800's. Needless to say, this 'hawk will find a home on the wall right next to our two man saw or over the mantle. She is already looking thru her "antique hanging fixtures" catalog to find some old wrought iron brackets or brass fittings that will work. I still do not have the ability to post pics, but if you go to their website and take a look at the model #3797, it is very similar to that. Shawn, I don't know if you have any pics you can post, but if you do, go right ahead buddy. Sally T. was looking over my shoulder when I was on their website, and now wants to order one of their knives that are made from railroad spikes. You folks should really take a look at their site, there is some pretty interesting items to say the least.
Shawn, I could not be any happier with what I received from you. Thank you for a great Christmas gift for our home, and I hope your Christmas gift you received has the same effect. Chris buddy, it's been said a hundred times, but let's add one more . . . . . Great idea for this gift exchange, a bunch of us "older" members got to relive our childhood for a little while, & maybe took a step back into time for just a bit. Thanks again to you & BA for this great forum, & a great Merry Christmas to all . . . .
Now I get to go play with my 'hawk . . . . . no batteries required :eek: :eek:
Be safe & Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
I told you it was going to be sweet Bill! Ive been wanting to get a trade axe from Kentucky for awhile now. Ive got a picture of it somewhere, Blademinister sent it to me awhile back. Ill see if I can find it and post it up.

Chris, you can not believe how damn sharp this 'hawk is. It's not "scary" sharp, but it will shave hair and slice paper with the best of them. I got yelled at because I was on my way out the door to "play" with this and everyone was still opening their gifts . . . the only thing missing from that scolding was my grandmother's stare . . . . :eek:
If you have that picture, post it up. And if you have a chance to get one of these, I would highly advise it. Sally T. already told me to go ahead and order one of their railroad spike knives . . . . a wife who tells her husband it's ok to order knives, how can life get any better . . . :)
Be safe & Merry Christmas.

Here ya go!

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

J1M, I've got one of their rasp 'hawks. These 'hawks are made for using, just like a KFU or Backwoods knife.
If you need to split some kindlin', grab it off the wall and go to it. But if Sally catches you, I know nothing. :p

Great gifts you got there Mike & Bill.
I didn't know Duluth had their own knives,awesome.
And I'd be careful using that cookie scented soap Mike,
you might find the Cookie Monster on your a** after using it.;)
And congrats on the hawk Bill,I have one of Lisa's(Kentucky)hawks & it's not just a tool,it's a toy also.
They throw great.It only took me a few tries before I was sticking it consistently.
I've used mine in camp for wood prep & throwing.Great tool/toys.
I love that they are hand forged too,gives 'em that old rustic look.
You might ask Kentucky to make the wall hangers Bill,I believe they do that sort of stuff also.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone.

Last edited:
I finally ripped my package open. I recieved a nice kephart style knife and a very cool little damascus skinner from tackett. Thanks so much buddy. I really like them.
Just1mor, I am glad you are so thrilled with your gift. Wolf Creek makes great hawks along with all sorts of other cool stuff. I'm sure it will bring you many years of enjoyment.
This was great. I hope to participate next year.

Opened mine! and was blown away!

Thanx, ac700wildcat!

Interesting choice of wrapping paper....I got a used sight-in target, one used 'getting serious' target, and one impressive used target,with most of the red 'bull' shot out....and zero holes outside the bull!

Inside was a new Buck Vantage folder #0345GYSYM-B in 'weathered gray wood' finish....a beautiful piece,in the exact color I would have picked! and has the factory low-rider clip....which is my favorite kind.
(Just ask STR, who made most of my clips, since factory clips usually sux.)

Next was a new Green ESEE Izula + black kydex sheath + the Esikit,with clip,lanyard & firesteel.
My first ESEE, and I really like this lil' rascal!
Hairpoppen sharp....but both knives were.

And a Christmas card,with a nice note.

Many thanx!

Gotta get a new cord to download from my digital camera to my laptop....will be showing these knives off.

Merry Christmas,all....and thanx! again,Matt!

UkiktAss!

Tackett has been moving so Ill post up what he got. He received a killer Bill Akers Damascus knife along with a paracord bracelet from Essublime. Thanks Eric!

finally got half the guests gone and could sit down for some dinner and to open my gifts about an hour or so ago!

Stump - glad to hear you're happy -- my wife made the soaps and the coffee one has grounds in it - it'll scour amazing amounts of grime off your hide. Also, the official name for that can opener thingy is a F.R.E.D tool -- patterned off Aussie mil issue. (I'm told it stands for um... F-rea-king Retarded Eating Device)
Gnarly - sounds like a good party!

J1M - congrats on not having to chance having your gift used on you in your sleep - nice hawk, "almost" as awesome as the haul I got. :D
Thanks my friend!
attachment.php

I cannot believe you sent me a brand spankin' new "vintage" Schrade Papa Bear lockback on top of everything else!

Chris, awesome idea, looking forward to next year!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas or other seasonal celebration of your choice!

Opened mine! and was blown away!

Thanx, ac700wildcat!

Interesting choice of wrapping paper....I got a used sight-in target, one used 'getting serious' target, and one impressive used target,with most of the red 'bull' shot out....and zero holes outside the bull!

Inside was a new Buck Vantage folder #0345GYSYM-B in 'weathered gray wood' finish....a beautiful piece,in the exact color I would have picked! and has the factory low-rider clip....which is my favorite kind.
(Just ask STR, who made most of my clips, since factory clips usually sux.)

Next was a new Green ESEE Izula + black kydex sheath + the Esikit,with clip,lanyard & firesteel.
My first ESEE, and I really like this lil' rascal!
Hairpoppen sharp....but both knives were.

And a Christmas card,with a nice note.

Many thanx!

Gotta get a new cord to download from my digital camera to my laptop....will be showing these knives off.

Merry Christmas,all....and thanx! again,Matt!

UkiktAss!

Glad you like it Gnarly!! Shhhhh tho, don't tell em I sent new stuff. :p I'll admit that I did order the belt clip, scales, and the rest of the kit for the Izula (theres a whistle in that bag too btw), but I did already have the Izula and the Buck. I actually pulled the Izula out of my pocket a few days before I sent it out and sharpened it up for you. I kinda miss that little knife, it fits well in the pocket and will take a heck of an edge. I actually think I might order myself another one sometime soon.

I know I told you the story about the targets that I sent too, but figured everyone might get a kick out of it too. I do a fair amount of target shooting and I generally save my targets at the end of the day and take them home with me to measure groups and record them in a log book. Sometimes I forget about them and they stay in my car for a while. I took the gifts with me to the post office and ran in to get a box to put them in. I boxed the gifts up in the car where I thought I had a newspaper, but I must have taken it in the house the day before. After searching my car all I had were some used targets to use as wrapping/packing paper, so its what I used. I guess I never even looked at the groups, but it sounds like I musta had a pretty decent day when I shot them.

Congrats to everyone. Looks like a good time by all. However, I do think a Passaround is in order for J1M's hawk. How about a majority vote on the forum? I'm sure he wouldn't mind parting with that hawk for a month...or three ;)

Congrats to everyone. Looks like a good time by all. However, I do think a Passaround is in order for J1M's hawk. How about a majority vote on the forum? I'm sure he wouldn't mind parting with that hawk for a month...or three ;)
Mudbug, let me check a couple of things and we just might do this . . . . Stay tuned . . . . ;)
Be safe.

Back