Christmas gift swap!!! LAST DAY TO JUMP IN!!

OK,I opened it!

Mykel, don't feel bad brother.

Merry Christmas.
Be safe.
Bill,I don't feel bad,I've got a new knife.:p;)
I do feel like this guy though....:eek:
FLIPPER.gif

Or this guy....
johnkerry.jpg

Last edited:
Mykel buddy, I think that second picture is you after staying up 18 hours straight making fuzz sticks with your new "toy" . . . . . ;)
Enjoy it my good man, nothing better for Christmas than getting something that was hand made and not bought in a store . . . just seems right for this time of year . . .
Be safe.

Sooooooooooo......................noone else has given in yet? I'm waiting for someone else to give in so I can open mine...... The girlfriend threatened to hide mine until xmas cuz I keep saying I should open it, so while she was at the store I hid it myself :p

Ill open mine...Gotta give me a couple hours as Im making sparks but Ill open it! Don't want you to feel lonely Mykel.

I'll open mine too if you're gonna. :D I'm headed off to work for the night right now, but I'm gonna take it with me and probably open it up at my stop in like three hours.

Ok, I cracked. I got to my first stop early and the box was sitting on the seat next to me and whispering "open me....you know you want to.....just do it" Sooooooo I just had to open it. my gift included a pair of game shears, a clip on led headlamp, two led flashlights, an NRA folding knife, a Mora knife and a sweet little fixed blade knife that I'm pretty sure is a custom, but I don't recognize the markings. I'll add pics and some more details in the morning, but for now I've gotta get back to work.

I should also add a big thanks to KYturkey for the gifts and to Chris for starting the gift swap!!!

Last edited:
Mine should get here today----Thank You in advance,ac700wildcat! and Thanx! to KFU for starting this!

Gonna ride Ol' Scissors the Missouri Mule to the mailbox,drop the reins so she can browse,and wait for mine.

....and also wait for my OUTGOING Christmas swapGift to arrive, so we can lope 'cross the creek & thru the woods to the Post Office, and send our gift to Mr. R.K.Moore.

On the way home,gonna stop by & see my B'rers, and check out our new 1500 yard rangefinder, as long as nobody spooks my mule,as Festus useta say.

~Gnarly :devilish:

You're welcome Gnarly. I hope you like whats in the package!! I know that I used the one item quite a bit and loved the heck out of it. I might actually have to get another one sometime. :cool: 1500 yard range finder? I needs to get me one of them. Well, really I just need to get any range finder, so I can work on my longish range shooting.

Ok, more on what was in my package. I opened it up and kept pulling all kinds of wrapped up goodies. I must say I didn't expect so many things to be in the box!! I threw new batteries in the flashlights when I got home and I'm going to put them in the gloveboxes on the cars. I had been meaning to get a couple more Mora's to beat one too, so I'll definitely be using the Mora. I'll find uses for everything else too!

I'm really liking the little fixed blade. Its a pretty cool little knife and I know I'll make good use of it. Its 1095 steel and I forget what wood the scales were. It has a full convex grind and is pretty darn sharp too. I think I'm going to strop it a little bit and put it to use today. I got a call yesterday that a friend had gotten a doe with his muzzleloader and wanted to know if I wanted it beings I didn't get a deer this year. That doe is hanging up right now and I'm going to skin and debone it this afternoon. I'm gonna use this knive to help skin that deer today. It seems like it might work pretty well for that along with tons of other things.

Anyways, here are the pics

The mess on the seat of the truck after I unwrapped everything.
2011-12-11_23-52-56_115.jpg

The whole lot.
2011-12-12_06-19-42_335.jpg

A few pics of the little fixed blade.
2011-12-12_06-22-13_31.jpg

2011-12-12_06-22-54_190.jpg

I'm really happy that I had the opportunity to do this. Normally I only exchange gifts with my girlfriend and then we draw names for gifts with my family, so I only get to give gifts to a couple people. As excited as I am to get what I did, I really like the giving part of Christmas and can't wait to see if Gnarly likes what he gets and to see how other people like what they get.

Thanks again to KYturkey and Chris.

Last edited:
Mine should arrive to its destination today according to the USPS. Unfortunately, after I got home and was feelin' all smug that I had gotten it out, I noticed the letter and Christmas card layin' on my desk that I intended to put in the package! I guess it happens...LOL...bet they'll be wondering who it came from now... ;)

AC, that is a David Farmer custom. Great knives that are wicked sharp!

Blademinister, Tackett is in the process of moving so he dropped your stuff off last night and I mailed it today so you will see it on Wed.

Im going to open mine when I get home tonight

Got mine today, ac700wildcat! and many thanx!

But: USPS did not bring the-portion-of-my-sendout-that-is-missing today; gonna be tomorrow.

I realize it is the Christmas Season, but deliveries are already backed up.

FedEx man was here today; he talked to me for ~20 minutes,while telling me how far behind he was....

Things that make us go,"Hmmmm....."

Got mine today, ac700wildcat! and many thanx!
But: USPS did not bring the-portion-of-my-sendout-that-is-missing today; gonna be tomorrow.
I realize it is the Christmas Season, but deliveries are already backed up.
FedEx man was here today; he talked to me for ~20 minutes,while telling me how far behind he was....
Things that make us go,"Hmmmm....."

. . . . this would make a great sig line quote . . . . :D :D
Be safe.

Gnarly, I can't wait to see what Gnarly Clause is bringing. If it gets here by Friday I'm pretty sure I'll crack before Christmas.
I just sent silently solace his gift today. I didn't want him to suffer too much with waiting to open it. Post office says it should get there by Friday or Saturday.
Merry Christmas Everyone! And thanks again Chris for getting this thing started!

Folks, I am telling ya', everytime I read this thread, I can not help but either laugh or have a grin on my face . . . . This is something special that can make grown men resort back to their childhood days (heck, myself probably more than anyone, just ask Sally T.) and the excitement and anticipation of that ever present "magic box" that just has that appeal that makes you want to tear the hell out of it to find the treasures inside . . . . :D :D
Wouldn't it be great if we could take all this caring, excitement, and comradery in these 114 posts and counting & dump it on the rest of the world for just one evening ??? ??? ???
Be safe.

Alright, Im sitting at the computer finishing up Mtn Wildmans Kephart and that box is staring at me. I figured since Mykel was the first to open and mine is from Mykel it was ok to pull the trigger. I justify things when its late!
So here it is....
001-1.jpg

A green Alox Farmer, Icon flashlight, NW fatwood, and a battery holder. I will start off by saying I own and carry an Alox Soldier almost everyday. Ive been wanting to get a Farmer for a long time but never have. I like the added saw and it really comes in handy when you are out in the woods. I love the green! Never seen that color before. I really have wanted one of these for a couple years now. The Icon has found a new home on my pack and the fatwood and battery holder have nested into one of the inside storage compartments. You can't ever have too many flashlights and this one is a great smaller size yet puts out a strong beam(and its orange). It will be great when my wife turns the porch light off and I can't seem to find the hole when I work nights!(That didn't sound right) Thank you Mykel, I really appreciate it. I can make all the fixed blade knives I want but these little slip joints are what I carry whenever I leave the house(along with an EDC fixed blade :). Now my oldest son can take the black Soldier off my hands. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome Chris.
That Icon is one handy light with the clip built in.I know you like orange too,so I had to throw it in the box.
The SAK is a Swiss Bianco Bushcrafter,I think they replaced the screw driver with the awl to make the bushcrafter?
I'm glad you like 'em & hope you get lots of use out of them.

Merry Christmas all.

3 down,who's next?

I picked up a box from the post office today -- it came from somewhere in SW Ohio...
I wonder who it could have come from? :D

Gnarly, I can't wait to see what Gnarly Clause is bringing. If it gets here by Friday I'm pretty sure I'll crack before Christmas.
I just sent silently solace his gift today. I didn't want him to suffer too much with waiting to open it. Post office says it should get there by Friday or Saturday.
Merry Christmas Everyone! And thanks again Chris for getting this thing started!

Here ya go Silently Solaced

I picked up a box from the post office today -- it came from somewhere in sw ohio...
I wonder who it could have come from? :D

Merry Christmas Vik !!!
Brother, whatever doubts I had about karma before this Christmas gift exchange have been swept away. Chris swears he did not "accidently pull" your name for me . . . and I believe him. Sally T. almost spit her coffee out when I told her whose name we got for the exchange . . . :thumbup:
Just another chance to say thank you for all the smiles and laughs you & the rest of the guys gave to her last year. I hope you can get some use from the gifts. Be sure and check the two envelopes in there as well.
Merry Christmas my good man from myself & Sally T., enjoy.
Be safe.

Back