Contest- Name this knife pattern!

First, there are A LOT of really great ideas here.
Second, if Nathan and Lorien want a new name then they should get one! With that said, what's wrong with CPK survival knife?

I like it because like the names of the other knives in the CPK family it describes what the knife is for and is nice and concise.

CPK EDC-a knife perfect to carry everyday
CPK field knife-a knife to use out in the field to prep food and fire and work with wood
CPK light chopper-a chopper that's, well, light
CPK fighter-a fighting knife
Potato knife-I actually don't know the story behind this one, but I can guess

The CPK XTRM Spartan Tickler or CPK S.E.R.E.-lore or CPK Chuck Norris seem to clash with the rest of the past models. But, maybe the whole point is to shake things up.

Anyways, this is a really fun thread and a neat idea to put some ownership in the hands of forumers. If the desired outcome is to find a cool acronym or unique name, I'm sure it will be found in this thread!

I'd second the already mentioned: expedition, wilderness, camp and especially trailblazer.

My attempt at originality would be: CPK work horse.
EDIT: took too long typing... not that original anymore :D

$0.02 from a guy who's new around here!

I'll be the party pooper...I think the current name is perfect.

1000000000% agree.

I wrote something similar yesterday but when I pressed send Blade Forums was down.

For whatever it's worth, this sure nails what I really think makes the most sense.

That guy from page 4 agrees! My thought was that if the creators want something new, then that's what they'll get.

In that spirit, I came up with a few more. My creative juices were really flowing tonight.

The CPK S.P.A.R.T.A.N.

Survive
Protect
Action
Ready
Tough
Adapt
Never back down

The CPK O.P.E.R.A.T.O.R.

Operators only
Protect and serve
Egress
Ready at all times
Always ready
The best defense is a good offense
Outdoors
Razor sharp

The CPK F.O.U.R.N.I.E.R.

Fighter
Outdoors
Unrelenting
Requiem
Never enough
In case of emergency
Exceptional
Ready for anything

CPK Nesmuk.
Cpk muk

Yes I know it's not an actual Nesmuk style. More in the image of an outdoor tool.

CPK Alamo (your final stand knife)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For whatever it's worth, this sure nails what I really think makes the most sense.

I think this thread is as much about community participation as anything else.

Forums tend to get stale when the same 20 guys are just talking back and forth.

I'll be the party pooper...I think the current name is perfect. The reason I love CPK's is Nathan's & Jo's effort to make a simple knife that just WORKS! No time wasted on glass breakers, seatbelt cutters, skull crushers, silly name brain storming or any other "cool" fad of the week. The simple names he uses just "WORK" also:
Field knife
Chopper
Kitchen knife
EDC knife
Dagger
Skinner
Doesn't get much more original than those!

I'm not saying I won't buy the SK if it has a fairytale name but I just don't see the need.

Rant over...carry on my friends. [emoji9]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you. That's part of the reason I suggested the DIY (do it yourself) earlier. These knives, for me at least, are purpose-built tools that also happen to be quite attractive. I kinda see this knife as one that combines a lot of attributes that would lend itself to most tasks or, worst case, "surviving" some predicament. Whether that's carving a stick for s'mores or defending yourself against a herd of wild ass. :D

Sticking to the Survival theme.

Endure or Endurance

Persevere or Perseverance

Prevail, Prevailer, Prevailing

Extant

Subsistence

Prosper

Abide

I'll be the party pooper...I think the current name is perfect. The reason I love CPK's is Nathan's & Jo's effort to make a simple knife that just WORKS! No time wasted on glass breakers, seatbelt cutters, skull crushers, silly name brain storming or any other "cool" fad of the week. The simple names he uses just "WORK" also:
Field knife
Chopper
Kitchen knife
EDC knife
Dagger
Skinner
Doesn't get much more original than those!

I'm not saying I won't buy the SK if it has a fairytale name but I just don't see the need.

Rant over...carry on my friends. [emoji9]

So if the current name stands, does it mean that Lorien wins the contest :confused: :p

That guy from page 4 agrees! My thought was that if the creators want something new, then that's what they'll get.

In that spirit, I came up with a few more. My creative juices were really flowing tonight.

The CPK S.P.A.R.T.A.N.

Survive
Protect
Action
Ready
Tough
Adapt
Never back down

The CPK O.P.E.R.A.T.O.R.

Operators only
Protect and serve
Egress
Ready at all times
Always ready
The best defense is a good offense
Outdoors
Razor sharp

The CPK F.O.U.R.N.I.E.R.

Fighter
Outdoors
Unrelenting
Requiem
Never enough
In case of emergency
Exceptional
Ready for anything

That is a WHOLE lot of creativity!!

How about...

"Walden"

...for a change of pace... I just re-read it while visiting New England for the holidays. It seems like the kind of one knife solution Thoreau may have appreciated; he did mention having a knife as an essential for roughing it indefinitely.

I think this thread is as much about community participation as anything else.

Forums tend to get stale when the same 20 guys are just talking back and forth.

you said it, brother!

I'm digging this very much, some really great options- but more importantly I am getting a real sense about what this pattern says to you gents, and that is giving me the confidence to feel like I might have nailed it. And, if it turns out I didn't nail it, Nate will make sure it's nailed :D

One thing I'd like to point out is that Nathan is busy developing an optimized heat treatment protocol for 4V, while at the same time, producing existing knives for ongoing purchase, ie; 20 FKs on the 20th aka 20on20 :D.

I didn't give the poor guy any warning about this contest, so we all have to cut him some slack until he's able to take the time to really sit down and think about what this thing is going to be called. Names are important, and it might be that the name manifests itself once he's able to shift his focus solely on this knife.

I have a say too, of course, so there will be a time where we'll hash it out and pick something we both like. If we end up choosing something not mentioned in this thread, I'll determine the closest submission as the winner*

like everything CPK, the details really matter, and if there's a desire to have a great name for this new design, then that name will be just right. I've seen several excellent options already, and look forward to seeing what else you're able to pull out of your grey matter!

*'closest' is up to my interpretation ;)

I have to try one with some initials...

oneBOK

One bug out knife
If not used for the SK , then maybe if there ever is another kitchen knife it can be used.
But seriously "SK" does tell it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I were to be serious again, has anyone suggested Kodiak yet?

I need to look through the pages and see if Titan was offered up.

I suggest

NL6 for Nathan/Lorein 6 inch

Or NLS Nathan Lorein Survival

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Sorry if I am duplicating anything already suggested, but I'm just not ready to comb through the previous suggestions.

How about "KAPS", or "K-APS" , for "Knife - All Purpose Survival"

Back