Cool stuff at SHOT show

Quick question about the Lite Machete. Did it have a good edge on it or is it almost unusable like most machetes out the box. I assume RAT wouldnt produce something with an unusable edge so i guess i just answered my own question haha.

The "unusable edge" that comes on most machetes is so the user can put whatever sort of edge on it they want, whether it be for light grasses all the way up to hardwoods.

That's the way that that Imacasa's stock edge is, but the ESEE Lite Machete has the Condor polished convex edge put on it (so it's sharp). ;):thumbup:

I NEED that machete. :p

Thank you for those pictures MR&MRS. Shotty, those look GREAT. Looking forward to the release date! You guys are having a blast surely, what a sweet reward.

Looks like RAT is coming out with some great offerings,can't wait to sample some of the products!!

Wow, quite the haul Mr and Mrs Shotty! The new blades are awesome looking. Thanks for posting up all the pictures! Wish I could have gone, but I guess I will have to wait for the BLADE show....

Did yall see THIS?!!?!?!

2010-SHOT-062.JPG

Becker/RAT Collaboration?!
I saw that on the woodsmonkey site - and am really interested in it as well.

no stainless steel rivets on the junglas? dont turn into ontario knife or anything...

Did yall see THIS?!!?!?!

2010-SHOT-062.JPG

Becker/RAT Collaboration?!

Hmmmm....I thought I remembered a while back Jeff mentioned hot cool it would be for a knife to have the Necker blade with the Izula handle...

Sweet.

(But I will stick with my Izulas ;))

yeah - I've been looking at both, but neither was "right" -- this could be perfect, I'm really grooving on that blade shape/length. Wasn't that one of the suggestions in the "build a knife" thread?

no stainless steel rivets on the junglas? dont turn into ontario knife or anything...

Wha...? :confused:

What I find interesting is that the ESEE Lite Machete has two screw fasteners, but has a lanyard tube. Were the screws used because they "look RAT" or does it actually come apart? I'm guessing it was the hardware they had already and it just matched the look, but it'd be kind of cool if you could break it down. :)

Oh my god. My head is going to explode. It's going to be a bad summer to be a tree in these parts!

IMG_0463.jpg

This is a thing of beauty. :thumbup: An absolute home-run if ever I've seen one. RAT is going to sell a TON of those things. Where does the line start?

Oh my god. My head is going to explode. It's going to be a bad summer to be a tree in these parts!

Funny... i wasn't even thinking about the poor trees in my area, just the huge hole that RC is going to make in my wallet..... gonna be a bad year for my bank account, thats for sure! :)

What’s the handle material on the Lite Macehete?

Man, we really should have all the Junglas info in the Junglas thread and the Lite Machete info in a Lite Machete thread.

Back