Elusive Schrades

The first 835Y shadow stockmans (3 5/16") first came out in yellow celluloid and had actual pins. Later some in Delrin had FAKE pins and Swinden construction. The fake pins (just for looks) were set further in toward the center of the side of the knife, so if one opens a blade you can see that the pivot does not line up with the fake pin.

A couple National Sales Meeting commemorative knives from 1983 & 1984 with their fancy sheaths . The blade etches reflect the parent company name change from Imperial Knife Associated Companies to Imperial Schrade Corporation. I believe there were about 50 of each produced.
9dBjvog.jpg

The first 835Y shadow stockmans (3 5/16") first came out in yellow celluloid and had actual pins. Later some in Delrin had FAKE pins and Swinden construction. The fake pins (just for looks) were set further in toward the center of the side of the knife, so if one opens a blade you can see that the pivot does not line up with the fake pin.
Does anyone have a barehead/shadow with fake pins as Cal describes?? Maybe pictures showing that alignment??

Yes. By the way, the original 835Y stockman knives in yellow celluloid are famous for being some of the most prone ever for rotting before your eyes.
Must have had a bad grade of celluloid on them!!:eek::(

On a more sprightly note. I love these simple wood-handled, well made Jacks!! From a Florists' knife to a boy's Jack, they make a lot of durable, inexpensive sense!!:)Schrade Wood 1Blade Jacks 1.jpg Schrade Wood 1Blade Jacks 2.jpg Schrade Wood 1Blade Jacks 3.jpg

Yup!! Those are the big ones, Cal!! For big Flowers, and big Rope!!:D:thumbsup:

Whew!!! Theres Some amazing Quality being shared around in these here parts!
Nice showing Charlie, Cal and Eric- Stellar examples!

The closest I have come to actually, and accurately dating Schrade's Peachseed bone of this type!! 1945, or slightly before!! Thanks Bob Borin!! Belated Happy Birthday!!:D
The Red Boxes were from that era also!!SCC 1945 1.jpg SCC 1945 2.jpg SCC 1945 3.jpg

Back