Elusive Schrades

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waynorth, Feb 17, 2009.

1. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks Lloyd and John!!:cool: Did you notice the HJ on the right has the old "arched" tangstamp??:D

Augie likes this.
  2. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014

Sure did, they tend to stand out.

waynorth likes this.
  3. wlifter123

wlifter123 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2002
    I don’t know how elusive these two peanuts are, but I’ve always liked them quite a bit. Both are from the 2003 cigar box series if I remember right. Never carried them because I prefer high carbon blades, but might need to change that.

Edit: well never mind, turns out I don't know how to do photos... Give it one more try... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  4. ea42

ea42 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2006
    Here's a rather elusive and unusual one; a straight razor with a pearl covered tang that's engraved "Schrade Cut Co", and on the reverse "Germany". I've seen a few Schrade Cut Co razors but only one other with the pearl option:

Schrade Cut Co Razor.jpg Schrade Cut Co Razor 2.jpg Schrade Cut Co Razor 3.jpg

Eric

5. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Just got this one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Probably not elusive, but an Ulster 58OT from the early 60's at a bargain price.

[​IMG]

7. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Especially if you paid what the sticker says!!o_O

pmek5 and waynorth like this.
  8. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    pmek5 and ea42 like this.
  9. ea42

ea42 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2006
    Thanks Charlie!

waynorth likes this.
  10. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Schrades for others; D<>E, John Primble, and Schrade Walden!!;) SchradeGrinds.jpg

11. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Now THOSE are three very attractive and very well made Knives Charlie, a gorgeous Pattern that could never be out of fashion with those beautifully Ground Mains, and that Swage work! Whew!
    Peach-seed added to top it off! The The heavily Threaded Bolsters really send those Knives off the Chart imo.
    Now if they would have put a Punch in that mix instead of a Pen - we would be talking!!!

waynorth likes this.
  12. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2012
    waynorth likes this.
  13. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks, Duncan!! I will look around and see if I have a knife like those with a punch!!??:rolleyes:

Thanks, J-M!!;)

14. Augie

Aug 23, 2014
    Couple new ones, an unused bone 294 Trapper and a Cut Co large almost 4" Congress. I've been trying to find one of these Congress knives for a long time but they don't pop up all that often.

IMG_2314.jpeg IMG_2318.jpeg IMG_2320.jpeg IMG_2323.jpeg IMG_2310.jpeg IMG_2312.jpeg

15. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Some great knives John.

waynorth and Augie like this.
  16. Augie

Aug 23, 2014
    Thank you Paul, really happy about the Congress:thumbsup:

waynorth and TheChunk91 like this.
  17. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I picked up another bone 881. This one has had a bout with corrosion but has the factory edges and seems unused. Tight with good snaps and that sort of stuff that make it fun to play with.

CE6E6339-7AF3-4D84-AD15-41A267F2FE42.jpeg 822432D5-9F3B-4BFE-9B7B-B8579EA0949D.jpeg

wolfeknives, 315, JustinR and 8 others like this.
  18. Augie

Aug 23, 2014

Another nice one Paul, hard not to pick up any good condition bone Schrade or Camillus knife you can find, there not making any more of them.

Ace Rimmer likes this.
  19. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    My friends - both of you did exceptionally well, Auie that 294 is gorgeous- so is the well loved and beautifully taken care of Congress - all the Blades are near full - yet has had use and that makes this Knife a really really neat Knife, Peachseed is a monumental plus on both!!! Talk about outstanding Swage work on both Knives!

Paul- yep- as our friend Augie said- another absolute beauty there- Thats one hang of a nice Knife right there!

20. Augie

Aug 23, 2014
    My favorite, a large 3 3/4" bare end sheepsfoot jack, so hard to find. This Cut Co has gorgeous pick bone.

IMG_2345.jpeg IMG_2340.jpeg IMG_2343.jpeg