Emerson Replies to Emerson Woes

Only two people posting here know what the truth of it is.
The rest of us are only spectators.

Only two people posting here know what the truth of it is.
The rest of us are only spectators.

My little guy and I met Ernie last year, he was very gracious to us. Stopped to take pictures , shoot the breeze, even gave my little guy a hat.

MOhunter on the other hand, just called me a penny pinching drama queen. Huh?

Yep. Let the fan boys keep flaming me. I was one of them. How I've been treated is bullshit and nothing less.

I have been recommending Emerson knives for a long time. I have been a business owner for an even longer time. I am absolutely stunned by this situation, so much so I no longer look at my own Emerson knives the same way. If Ernest wants to play it this way, so be it. I for one think this was unprofessional and even juvenile. If anyone wants to really look at what was posted, Ernest's Roadhouse story is dubious should anybody else present it the way he did. So a miss-aligned attempt at attaching a pocket clip caused the lock failure? Ah huh... EE's strategy is to blame the customer. Publicly. That's enough for me.

My little guy and I met Ernie last year, he was very gracious to us. Stopped to take pictures , shoot the breeze, even gave my little guy a hat.

Oh lord.. I think you misunderstood good sir. There is a member here with the name akapennypincher. He said I was "trying to keep the drama going" so that was directed to him.

Really? That would piss me off frankly, you have always been a good dude IMHO.

I have been recommending Emerson knives for a long time. I have been a business owner for an even longer time. I am absolutely stunned by this situation, so much so I no longer look at my own Emerson knives the same way. If Ernest wants to play it this way, so be it. I for one think this was unprofessional and even juvenile. If anyone wants to really look at what was posted, Ernest's Roadhouse story is dubious should anybody else present it the way he did. So a miss-aligned attempt at attaching a pocket clip caused the lock failure? Ah huh... EE's strategy is to blame the customer. Publicly. That's enough for me.

Same here. A business owner that deals with all kinds of people that aren't too friendly or kind. I have NEVER spoken to a customer that way even when a drunk calls me cussing me out trying to get insurance.

I took the super 7 out of my pocket today and put my zt 301 back in it.

I tried picking up my super 7 again cause I loved it so much.. All I felt when I picked it up was anger. It's just not the same anymore. The way this was handled is straight bullshit.

Ernest is a narcissistic clown. And that's all.

Oh lord.. I think you misunderstood good sir. There is a member here with the name akapennypincher. He said I was "trying to keep the drama going" so that was directed to him.

Understood, and you have my humble apology.
I missed that post and thought that since you quoted me that it was directed at me.

Again, much respect.

Understood, and you have my humble apology.
I missed that post and thought that since you quoted me that it was directed at me.

Again, much respect.

No problem man. My mistake as well. I probably shouldn't have included that in the quote on your post. Much respect to you too

Ah, respect. Now there's an idea.

Frankly, I gotta' get out of this subforum because I typically am and prefer to be a positive, glass-half-full person. I don't like or recognize my own reaction to this sh!t.

This thread is like a bad reality TV drama. FWIW none of my Emersons have had any issues.

This thread is like a bad reality TV drama. FWIW none of my Emersons have had any issues.

+1. I've purchased many used on various sites and also believe some people have no business taking them apart also. Most companies your warranty is shot as soon as you disassemble them.

I also think you will have no trouble recouping most of your money if you decide to sell them.

How much of Emerson's belligerent response is simply schtick? For every person that is offended by the way he treated a customer, I suspect there are a hundred mall ninjas that love the tough guy routine. There is a certain "attitude" associated with Emerson Knives (e.g., take a look at the merchandise/apparel on their site) and having the owner of the company piss on a customer just plays into that image. I just wonder how much of this is real.

When does the box arrive? Any tracking info? That is all that really can add to the thread at this point.

Just my $0.02 as an anonymous knife nut on the internet.
I've watched this post since it started. I feel that I am a somewhat neutral observer. I do own an Emerson CQC7b and it is an excellent knife with the only break-in issue of a sticky lock which eventually smoothed itself out. I have never had a need to contact with EKI customer service.
As a self described neutral observer I can see no winner is this ongoing issue. I do see fault with the OP for buying multiple EKI knives while having problems with his original purchase. As for EKI, I do appreciate EE for standing his ground and defending his company but I think he went a little too far. I am trying to look at the big picture and view this as a public relations issue and as such both sides have taken the low road. EKI has more to lose in a mud slinging contest. The OP is an anonymous poster on the internet and few will remember him and he has nothing to lose. I understand EE frustration but I feel he could have taken a higher road in this situation.

It's unfortunate to see a few people whom I've enjoyed in this sub forum decide to part ways with Emerson Knives based on this situation alone. This has snowballed into a weird PR situation and frankly it's something that could've been avoided on both sides.

I believe a simple "sorry for the misunderstanding" could go a long way for both parties involved.

I always keep in mind that every person is a multifaceted individual. We all have our good and bad days and we all have our imperfections.

There have been customers I've bent over backwards for and others that I flat out told to f!@& off in my life (has been a long time, and the customer was literally threatening to jump the counter at me).

I don't approve of Ernie's response, but from what I've seen of him and his philosophies in the past my outlook on him as a person won't change.

For that matter, Mick Strider has a shady past but I don't know him - all I know is that he makes a great knife - and I'm not going to use his flaky past as a measuring stick for the quality of his product.

It's easy to say "Finally Ernest shows his true colors!" This simply writes off all of the good in him as fake and paints him as being a bad guy at the core.

But he isn't. And the time I told a guy to f#$% off while I was on the clock a number of years ago doesn't make me a bad guy, either. And MOhunter92 isn't a bad guy just because he's saying mean things out of anger now either.

In the end, I will still be an Emerson customer until the day that Ernest Emerson comes out and says he isn't standing behind his products anymore. I've beat the heck out of a couple of my Emerson's and I trust them. At this point, Ernie will have to do something really screwed up to lose my business. YMMV.

Everyone, thanks for comments. I hope lots of people see this guy for who he is.

I will be putting the unboxing video when I get the knives. I have no idea when they will arrive because not once has emerson or any of his staff try to contact me.

You have my 100 percent word that I have not lied once in this whole story and will not lie when I create the unboxing video.

Take that for what it's worth. If you knew me and knew my character you would know the truth to this story. But you do not, nor do I expect you to believe me.

I know how 3/4 knives being lemons seems far fetched. But so help me God each one was. That's all I can say, my interpret of a lemon knife is a knife that is not structurally sound.

Which to me, means VERTICAL blade play and horizontal if it is excessive. It also means lock rock, and lock failure.

Based off of how emerson has behaved with his hissy fit, I wouldn't be surprised if he changed stuff out to make me look like a liar.

I will instantly be able to tell and will say in the video if the locks are different. If they aren't I bet I can make the roadhouse fail easily. The 10 I will easily make it go " click click click click" as the bar bends and the blade hits the stop if I wiggle the blade back and forth vertically. That's how they were when they were sent back to him including the 10 for the second time.

It's unfortunate to see a few people whom I've enjoyed in this sub forum decide to part ways with Emerson Knives based on this situation alone. This has snowballed into a weird PR situation and frankly it's something that could've been avoided on both sides.

I believe a simple "sorry for the misunderstanding" could go a long way for both parties involved.

Well the way this was handled was simply unacceptable. There's no question. For the owner of a company to speak that way to a repeating customer who was clearly a huge fan and loyal customer who had issues with 2 damn knives that were lemons, speaks miles about his character.

His hard ass persona he created for himself and narcissistic personality is what steered members away from him. I'm not sure if he just had a bad day or what, because I've said before they took good care of my super 7 and I love my 15.

If you have any issue with Emerson's, don't put them on a forum. Because Ernie will go billy bad ass and start shit talking you while puffing his little chest up and trying to make you look incompetent or unreasonable.

It could be worse.
At least Ernie keeps his shit in his own forum and doesn't go out in General and attack people in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with EKI.

I have spent literally thousands of dollars on Kershaw / ZT products but after what I just came across, never again.

Sorry Ernie, but I just got back from the Blade HQ website where I attempted to cancel my pre order of the 0620CF. Unfortunately I must wait till morning and call to cancel.

Back