Fiddlebacks and Food

The Protagonist helping with the spaghetti sauce this morning. And helping confirm that asking for brightly colored handles on the knives for the cook book was a good idea, in just how the birch disappears into the cutting board.

1-vi.jpg

2-vi.jpg

3-vi.jpg

4-vi.jpg

You're looking at it wrong: you need a micarta cutting board!

Nice looking sauce.

LOL, perhaps but it's too late now. I've spent the last few years testing, buying, gathering, and making wooden cutting boards of different colors for this cookbook. In the tests I've noticed that very few foods are blue, so a friend from years ago, pre-blade forums days, who has been making some nice kitchen knives the last few years offered to make me a couple of blue handled knives just for this cookbook. I think the blue will pop.

LOL, perhaps but it's too late now. I've spent the last few years testing, buying, gathering, and making wooden cutting boards of different colors for this cookbook. In the tests I've noticed that very few foods are blue, so a friend from years ago, pre-blade forums days, who has been making some nice kitchen knives the last few years offered to make me a couple of blue handled knives just for this cookbook. I think the blue will pop.

Is it OK to ask about the status of the cookbook, and its theme, or does that jinx things...

Is it OK to ask about the status of the cookbook, and its theme, or does that jinx things...

Well...the status is that the text is still slowly but surely being written but the images are sort of in limbo still. Waiting on the knives and bowls and some other things to be made, now that they have finally been sorted out and designed for this project. I've been seeking and making cutting boards and cool bowls and plates and cups for this project for about four or five years.

The theme I'm going to hold onto because it's somewhat unique and I want it to stay that way if possible. LOL, one of the things I learned the hard way in almost 20 years of writing professionally, is to never discuss details of projects with other writers, or write those details where they can read them before you're done.

Be aware that you need a khukuri in there somewhere. Holler if you need one.

If there are things that can be done (pre-reading, volunteer editing, etc), I for one would be happy to help.

Be aware that you need a khukuri in there somewhere. Holler if you need one.

If there are things that can be done (pre-reading, volunteer editing, etc), I for one would be happy to help.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :) . As much as I love the Khukuri design, not sure I could fit it into this lol. But I do think it's pretty cool that I am going to get to use the knife I designed years ago, back when I was developing some of the recipes under some interesting circumstances in fact, in the illustrations for them in the cookbook/calendar project. I'm pretty stoked about that.

Interesting to see Protagonist being used in the kitchen ... guess it can wear different hats lol I am liking the model ... and would like to try one ... have seen only one come up on Friday since started following . Best of Luck with your project !!!

Interesting to see Protagonist being used in the kitchen ... guess it can wear different hats lol I am liking the model ... and would like to try one ... have seen only one come up on Friday since started following . Best of Luck with your project !!!

Well, there haven't been a lot of Orcs or wargs in the shire lately...so I have to use it where I can :D I figure the kitchen makes at least as much sense as bushcrafting with this model... I don't see me EDC-ing downtown any time soon, and I want to enjoy using it since I have it :) And thank you!!!

^^^
Speedy Recovery :thumbsup::)

Gute Besserung.

Please provide your address. I need to know where to ship the rock candy.

Thanks guys. Jonathan only cut out the last of the uppers last Monday, which means no more possibly deadly infections in my upper jaw now. He's doing the last of the lowers Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to this phase being over with.

Back