First Look - Kershaw Echelon

:thumbup:Those other pics sold me, this is a knife I'll have to own. Great looking stuff Thomas

The pattern itself may be slightly polarizing, but we hope it brings interest from potential buyers that may not have looked at us in the past, and gives a new flavor to the current Kershaw fan base. Ultimately, I believe it will be a nice addition to the line-up.

Is it possible to remove / disassemble the thumb stud to ease sharpening?

I like it, particularly the translucent g-10. I have always loved that shade of green. I could handle the thumb stud, the cutout for it is nice if it means you can slide the thumbstud around for an ideal fit. If it is simply for aesthetic reasons, then it is just another place for dirt, blood, fish guts or whatever to get stuck in. Though I personally like assisted opening I am not sure it how legal it is in Canada where I will be living shortly.

Usually love kershaw designs but I'm not really feeling this one.

Funny, I'm feeling just the opposite. I haven't really liked any of the more recent designs, but this one appeals to me quite a bit.:D

I prefer a solid black G10 handle, but it would be cool to have the translucent green one just to show off.;)

Now, if the thumb stud was easily removeable, that would be cool!:cool:

Last edited:
If I may comment, I am really digging the knife. I think that if a flipper with a choil and cutout for the liner were to be incorporated toward this knife, then it would definatly be a winner. Also, perhaps instead of the "mucus colored" g10, toxic/lime green or blaze orange g10 would be super awesome...

I want one............of each.
Very nice!!! :thumbup:

Group shots:

IMG_4970.jpg

The opaque green G10 version is a real looker.

What do you call that blade shape? Modified wharncliffe?

I like it. Only in black, and when I'm feeling the need for another tiny blade, but it's definitely worth a look see.

I'm not a big Kershaw follower but this one might convert me. I like the translucent g-10 and the overall looks. Not too sure I like the hole in the blade - looks like it will just collect pocket lint.

The pattern itself may be slightly polarizing, but we hope it brings interest from potential buyers that may not have looked at us in the past, and gives a new flavor to the current Kershaw fan base. Ultimately, I believe it will be a nice addition to the line-up.

I believe your right. It, overall, has a bit of a different look to it then others in the line up. I'm personally on the fence with this one. I know you're a busy man but would you post a shot looking down on the spine with the blade open? I'd like to see a profile of the studs.

Thomas,

Keep making unique knives. I think the translucent scales are great. Please include other translucent colors such as orange, blue, and red. I have plenty of knives that are standard looking, but my favorites are knives such as the Green Titanium Bump. Also, please offer versions in upmarket steels. I really enjoy the AO function. Kind of a yoga/meditation exercise when I'm reading/thinking :) Count me as a buyer when this knife hits the stores.

Last edited:
Wow. Looks quite different. I actually can see myself getting one... I'm loving the grinds. Also digging the thumbstud and translucent g-10.

Back