for winter, what Buck ya carrying and how cold is it...

It's 32 degrees now and snowing at my home, going to 24 early tomorrow AM. Shot flyers for a retriever field trial earlier today. No snow there but windy, wet and cold.
I carried the 100 Slim Pro...
xNe73Eg.jpg

That's more than we received. You win!
They, the weather guessers, are saying that Denver and the foothills will get a bunch, 10" to 24"+ in the mountains. Springtime in the Rockies. 😊

I can remember a June snow fall sometime in the late seventies early eighties we got 6-8" of heavy wet snow. The trees had all leafed out, you could hear the big branches snapping. Sounded like gunfire. This has that potential.

They, the weather guessers, are saying that Denver and the foothills will get a bunch, 10" to 24"+ in the mountains. Springtime in the Rockies. 😊

I can remember a June snow fall sometime in the late seventies early eighties we got 6-8" of heavy wet snow. The trees had all leafed out, you could hear the big branches snapping. Sounded like gunfire. This has that potential.
crazy to me. late may and still snow........

its been cooler here lately 84 today. last week was mid 60s at night, which is rare for here. used to 90f days and 89f nights.

got an elk fg 110 do on my belt.......

Crazy weather.
We were up north last week and it was abnormally warm, then the wind changed from south to north and all the cool air blew in off the lake.

View attachment 1823670

I saw ice floating out on Lake Superior years back in June... But that was a cold winter with plenty of ice.

I'd love to live further north, but the winters are too damn long.
wild.

colder than where ya are? you're pretty far north already in my book......

all thats really left is pretty much Canada.😁

jokes aside..id like to go further south myself....south Florida for warmer weather in the winter....but I got too much going on here to go south.....plus the wife would never let me.....

Today’s forecast is calling for a high of 107°. I think I’ll just stay inside and watch old classics on tv. Lol. I can’t take the heat like I used to. I’ll be carrying my 301 forum knife today.

We were chatting about this in another thread yesterday but I thought it wouldn't hurt to give an update...

20220619_174143-01.jpeg

We hit 42°C in our backyard yesterday which would make it about 50°C with the humidex. That's 107°F and 122°F for my American friends.

Many records were broken around here and some went back as far as 1888. Quite the reversal from a few months back.

Carrying the 112 Pro on the belt today, at my new job. Retirement didn't last long. Still waiting on my first pension cheque. Didn't have much in the way of funds for any new BOTMs or Limited Editions so I had to do something, and fast.

We were chatting about this in another thread yesterday but I thought it wouldn't hurt to give an update...

View attachment 1849368

We hit 42°C in our backyard yesterday which would make it about 50°C with the humidex. That's 107°F and 122°F for my American friends.

Many records were broken around here and some went back as far as 1888. Quite the reversal from a few months back.

Carrying the 112 Pro on the belt today, at my new job. Retirement didn't last long. Still waiting on my first pension cheque. Didn't have much in the way of funds for any new BOTMs or Limited Editions so I had to do something, and fast.
that means I have to rename the valley from frostbite in minutes valley...to "frostbite in minutes/ cooked to death valley."😁

Just HOT period here in Florida..I think I'll go look for something special and new in the 112 collection and wear it on my belt today. I really like the first few days of the factory edge on a new Buck as Buck always gets it sharper than I do. I bought a new Slim Pro Plus in S35VN a year or two ago and it was incredibly sharp out of the box! If I was really 'Comfortable' I would have 50 of that model in rotation..

It will be hot here in the Central Valley of Calif. but I'm doing some work today so it will be my long pants and boots and my 112 select in my pocket. By hot, I mean 104 F.

Last edited:

View attachment 1849368

I don't know about how things are there, but I do know that many folks don't have air conditioning in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

A friend there tried to get it installed, and couldn't find a contractor that could do it.

I don't know about how things are there, but I do know that many folks don't have air conditioning in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

A friend there tried to get it installed, and couldn't find a contractor that could do it.
did they buy it themselves......the equipment?

Back