GEC 39 Old Sheffield Jack

It’s starting to grow on me, I guess it’s unique. I was just bummed after seeing such nice examples posted recently.
Just dye it, you'll be nicely surprised by the change. Stag? Well OK if it's great antler and if it has a shield...but myself I'd leave that alone, this is more unusual once you get the colour improved.

That would be a very sad thing! Luckily this one seems fine. I wonder if anyone has had that happen?
Yes, actually. Bone really doesn't like a quick change of temperature. And the change shouldn't necessarily be extreme, just quick.

WtK6eI0.jpg

Yes, actually. Bone really doesn't like a quick change of temperature. And the change shouldn't necessarily be extreme, just quick.
I move my camera slowly into the house after being out in the cold.

First to a cold ish room then gradualy into a warmer room.

Perhaps that would be best for these knives?

I move my camera slowly into the house after being out in the cold.

First to a cold ish room then gradualy into a warmer room.

Perhaps that would be best for these knives?
Quite possibly. I think a slip might actually help in such situation. As they say, one shouldn't unpack electronic devices brought out the cold into the warm place if they are in some sort of package, so there won't be any condensate inside the device. Maybe same applies to knives in slips? Though slips are open on one side, so I am not really sure.

I think being in your pocket probably helps minimize the temperature change rate. A leather slip would be like a little added insulation. Insulation slows heat transfer. I would say that could help. Getting one in the mail though its hard to tell how many fast temperature changes that knife made from point A to point B through planes, trains, and automobiles. In and out of warehouses and sort rooms.

Back