GEC 39 Old Sheffield Jack

The pull on these 39s, including the Bunny Knife, can almost be described as perfect. I haven't even had to flush or oil anything so I'm sure it will only get better.

I guess they can't all be winners.

GEC #39 Elderberry Pink Lemonade Camel Bone

7GgeAUe.jpg

zvROyj1.jpg

I just bought a pioneer bone, "wasn't sure about the colour" and then I discovered this thread. I'm slightly excited now. 🤩

What would that do for the knife, asking for a friend….
Briefly, clean the knife with spirits-lighter fuel etc, dry it using paper, wear gloves to avoid giving finger-prints, tape up the bolsters and the blades to avoid rust. Then, prepare VERY strong tea, British/Irish style in a small metal container such as saucepan use boiling water and 3 tea bags, tiny pinch of salt, use enough water to cover the knife when laid down in it, don't put the knife in when it's boiling or you can crack the scales! Wait until it's cooled a bit after say 3 mins, introduce the knife in the brew, you can lay the knife on 1 tea-bag and cover it with the others. Leave say overnight or c.6 hours but it's a good idea to turn it over from time to time.

Don't be alarmed if the blades or liners show black-even stainless can but that's why it's a good idea to cover them with tape and leave half open. Wash carefully und warm water using a toothbrush and washing up/dish soap, dry slowly but you can use a compressed air can to drive water out, use some WD40 and oil on joints, clean blades & liners where needed with metal polish. It's worked very well for me on Bone and even Stag but there IS risk and Stag in particular can look bloated but it regains shape.

However, don't KNOW if it would work so well on Camel Bone it's tougher to dye, you may need to leave it in longer.

Thanks, Will

Just got my Elderberry Camel Bone #39 and very pleased with the color. Was also my first GEC that I got from a dealer drop. Found the process pretty easy, but I’m used to trying to snag hard reservations and tickets online. Here’s to many more (hopefully) successful drops.
34A5A5F9-7383-4AB2-9FA2-4DE3F67F9D4D.jpeg

I like the depth of the color in person. Hard to tell in my dim lighting, but both sides are nice and they match well.

Pioneer bone 39 or the pony boy jack 68? What is the better play? They seems pretty similar knife with different scales and main blade

Back