GEC 39 Old Sheffield Jack

VewdG75.jpg

VInVYaY.jpg
How did you end up liking this?

How did you end up liking this?
It was nice. Good looking. Nice action on the blades. I loved it enough to give it to my Bro-in-law who loves GEC’s. I picked up another and then two SFA versions from the Rendezvous. My problem is that I seem to like 90% of the patterns. I wish I was a little more focused.

How do you like this. Can’t decide between this and pony jack and white owl
Hasn't left my pocket since I got it. Walk and talk 10/10. The smooth bone finish feels very good in hand and gives enough grip. A perfect small size knife even though I have large hands. You have to have some nails left to open the blades but I'm a big fan of having a spare blade now. What did you end up with?

Hasn't left my pocket since I got it. Walk and talk 10/10. The smooth bone finish feels very good in hand and gives enough grip. A perfect small size knife even though I have large hands. You have to have some nails left to open the blades but I'm a big fan of having a spare blade now. What did you end up with?
Got the pony jack. Undecided about it. Haven’t given it a chance yet. Just my have to make it a user and live with it

Kinda like that 39 however

I passed on these, just didn't do it for me.
Love the pattern, blades, etc, so much potential.
Now, if it was golden jigged bone with an UN-X-LD shield or something like that, it would be an instant classic.
I hope they re-visit this pattern again and have another crack at it.

It's called a church key barlow. The Northwoods Madison barlow is this type.
Thanks! I don't think I ever heard this term, even in Levine. Though, IIRC, the very first Barlows are believed to be of that kind, not a sleeveboard.

Thanks! I don't think I ever heard this term, even in Levine. Though, IIRC, the very first Barlows are believed to be of that kind, not a sleeveboard.
Look for the Derrick Bohn (from KSF) video explaining the Madison.

Back