GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

I'd love to see the new pinchable clip mated with a small coping blade!!! But to tell you the truth, the all steel construction is my biggest attraction to your 77 barlows. I'd hate to see that go away.

Liners/Bolsters are not set in stone yet. I prefer components easier to clean, but understand the patina fetish of others.

Clip with coping all steel please Mike, it would be a dream and pair nicely with my 77 Micarta Spear Coping (I would like to reserve mine now with this post) :D. If I had to give up all steel can settle for at least nickel silver liners and bolsters.

Something about brass just sours the look for me and clashes with the knife. That being said I will still buy one if its brass....just sayin.

Clip with backside Coping Long Matchstrike Pull, Brass liners, Nickel Silver Stamped Bolster?
This would work for me, as would a 440c version.

I do not have a patina fetish. I like my knives to look nice for as long as possible (within reason when normally used and maintained).

Would like very much to see a Sabre Clip with long Matchstrike Pull , Small Coping , No Brass , and Red Jigged Bone , Pioneer Bone , Old Red Sawcut Bone , and Natural Stag .

Harry

Is it just me or when you have a secondary blade with a "pinchable" clip, it gets in the way and is no longer "pinchable". Maybe I lack the correct pinching technique?

Is it just me or when you have a secondary blade with a "pinchable" clip, it gets in the way and is no longer "pinchable". Maybe I lack the correct pinching technique?

Depends on the blade. The secondary coping blade is small enough that it might not be an issue.

1_zpsjxkri24e.jpg~original

Really like the 440C / Brass / Nickel idea. Has GEC ever done matchstrike on 440C?

Would love to add another (or two) to my present collection of one. :cool:

KZXxrS8.jpg

I do like the all-steel construction on these, although I spend a little extra time keeping the inside of the blade well area cleaned out with an oily cloth patch. Seems to work ok.

Based on pics that I've seen of previous 77 NF Barlows, I also like:
Red sawcut, tan sawcut, African Blackwood handles.
Clip or Spear main.

I also like it when the pen or any secondary blade is in front. I could be alone on this one, and don't know what extra work and cost would be involved. After saying all this, I will be looking forward to whatever final shape they take. :D

Mike, in the end it will not matter one bit whether you go with all steel, brass and nickel silver, 440c, 1095, or what blade styles or handle materials you offer. They will all sell out within 5 minutes of going up for sale/reservation no matter what. The demand far exceeds the supply. Make whatever you feel like.

Mike, in the end it will not matter one bit whether you go with all steel, brass and nickel silver, 440c, 1095, or what blade styles or handle materials you offer. They will all sell out within 5 minutes of going up for sale/reservation no matter what. The demand far exceeds the supply. Make whatever you feel like.

May be true, but they are not all for me. If we are going to make them, might as well make what folks want.

Back