GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

I agree with you Sir but : This one of mine is of the same vintage as yours and looked just like yours when new . In 2016 there were 3 of us that agreed that we would make ours an EDC . This is the way mine wore from pocket wear and not in a Slip . On the later 2015 run , the same Old Red Sawcut covers had the Black wearing off much quicker than the early 2015 run .
Edited to add the forgotten picture :

Harry
Your knife looks good. I was talking about new knives that are even lighter and definitely more pink than red in the corners. I’ll see if I can find an example.

Your knife looks good. I was talking about new knives that are even lighter and definitely more pink than red in the corners. I’ll see if I can find an example.
I understand what you are saying but mine in bright sun shows some bright pink in areas . It will be interesting to see how these new ones wear in .

Harry

I've never met a GEC red sawcut I haven't liked, personally. But I was disappointed to see how quickly the black wore off the run of spears.

BTW you should check your email right about now. :)

Last edited:
This is actually more my concern with the Elderberry camel bone. With the varying densities in the bone, I could see some of these coming out fuchsia. Hopefully they've had them soaking in the dye since Christmas.:)

This is actually more my concern with the Elderberry camel bone. With the varying densities in the bone, I could see some of these coming out fuchsia. Hopefully they've had them soaking in the dye since Christmas.:)

This is the camel bone posted on GEC's What's Happening page within the last 4 or 5 days

IMG_3049.jpg

Smooth white bone knives are great, and have a consistent elegance about them, but I think the elderberry could turn out to be stunning. Sure, a few may not turn out the way I personally prefer, but that's worth the risk for something that should be uniquely beautiful.

So is the natural linen micarta going to be like the bone micarta from the last 77 clip run or something slightly different?

So is the natural linen micarta going to be like the bone micarta from the last 77 clip run or something slightly different?
I imagine it will be identical to CK's recent SFO 78 Natural Linen Micarta...at least I hope so, it's my favorite of all the GEC micarta knives I own. Checkout the photo in post #1381 from @Ramrodmb the "#78 American Jack" thread:thumbsup:

I imagine it will be identical to CK's recent SFO 78 Natural Linen Micarta...at least I hope so, it's my favorite of all the GEC micarta knives I own. Checkout the photo in post #1381 from @Ramrodmb the "#78 American Jack" thread:thumbsup:

Looks good thanks.

Sometimes people name them different like bone and Muslim and sometimes it says linen but it’s canvas. Bound to be like the example you mentioned.

Looks good thanks.

Sometimes people name them different like bone and Muslim and sometimes it says linen but it’s canvas. Bound to be like the example you mentioned.
I really do hope so, I was lucky enough to score on the 77 micarta lottery and if this ends up being the same linen micarta as the 78 CK SFO handles I will be ecstatic. I think @Ramrodmb can vouch for me that the 78 natural linen micarta is very classy looking...arguably this was the most sought after knife of the 78 run.

T texmex03 ...after further review GEC's site for 77 Barlow says "Natural Canvas" whereas CK's site says "Natural Linen". I would be happy with either one but really like the natural linen that was on the CK 78 SFO.....probably a typo on GEC's part but perhaps knifeswapper knifeswapper can clarify for us. Thanks.

Back