GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

Flushed the joints, and man, what a difference. The action/walk and talk weren't the best out of the tube. Whole lotta dark grey came seeping out. It's perfect now.

27670292408_ba925b5590_b.jpg
Love the Micarta, what a great looking knife:cool::thumbsup:

Preaching to the choir - I am one of these customers. But the market existed well before everyone got so (your word) passionate / (my word) particular about knives. It has probably expanded a bit, but that is essentially my point. We are letting new requirements, brought by new customers, place requirements on factories that were never tooled to accommodate such. Just hope we can keep it rollin'
Back between 15 - 19 years ago when I was serving Marine Corps infantry, attending a bunch of high speed schools deploying all over the world all I knew was that I'd better have a knife. So I went to Wal-Mart and bought a Gerber Air Raid. Partially serrated, tactical looking big enough to get the job done in the field. Small enough to clip to my pocket in garrison and not get notticed by the uniform police and cheap enough to afford on a meager enlisted salary. Knife. I rode that thing hard and it's still sitting on my work bench to this day. Never failed me once. Then in 2009 I became interested in all these pretty higher end niche market sharps and then sure enough, slowly crept in the eccentric, quirky idiosyncrasies that almost all knife enthusiast suffer from. Pretty soon your worried about pinchable blades, fit and finish, is there blade play? Is the blade centered? Tang stamps, steel type and on and on. It's safe to say Mike but at this point we are all perilously, hopelessly and in most cases happily stuck down the rabbit hole and luckily for us custom and production makers alike, if they want to stay alive will work hard to keep us there. These #77's are ridiculously beautiful. Yourself and GEC did a wonderful job getting them out into the hands of all the various knife disciples. Hell, I tried for all 4! I sincerely apologize if my voicing out loud an opinion on this knife which I don't and probably never will own offended anybody. Although, I'm sure the people that have them could give 2 shakes on what I or anyone else thinks. Owning one or 4 is a win win no matter how you slice it! Keep showing them off. They look great! :thumbsup::D:eek:

I just got my ironwood out of the mailbox. This knife couldn’t have come on a more special day. My wife and I finalized the adoption of our little girl this morning.

1178D5C1-164F-4053-A561-162FF197C708.jpg
That is awesome. Congratulations! The knife is beautiful too!

Back