GEC Huckleberry Boy's Knife

I think I'll take a cocobolo spear. I came across cocobolo scales referred to as "cocoa" in early knife catalogs. That appeals more to me, somehow!

I think these would look great in a real chintzy acrylic, like their glitter gold or something. Or even a pure white acrylic. Or with a screened graphic of a cowboy, cartoon mouse, or something.

Darn just when I thought I might be safe for this round.

I know what you mean! I don't think I'm going to be able to do anything about them (more! new covers! always more!), but my Wanter™ is not happy about it. Sheesh, that didn't take long.

;)

~ P.

I am going to have to have at least one cocobolo boys knife. Probably both the single and two blade version. The cocobolo they are showing in the pictures is magnificent with beatiful figuring. Resistance is futile...

Ed J

The NiteBrite is choice for me. It looks like those old Lego Ghosts I used to have when I was a child. I got single spear blade nitebrite and I've been carrying that almost 3 months now, I wish to have clip blade version and then two blade... OMG... I have to put my wallet on suicide watch.

The cocobolo will come on clip and spear and both 1blade and 2blade.
Looks like the smooth ivory bone will only come on 1blade and 2blade clip.

Yeah, I see a cocobolo in my future too. I've never gotten the frenzy for a particular pattern, but with these, I want every single offering! Huckleberry Boys knife, Tom Sawyer barlow, single blade, two blade etc.

I've been wanting to try a GEC knife for a long time now and this pattern finally pushed me over the edge. I've got a 2 bladed barehead version with ebony scales on the way. There's just something about this pattern, looks like a proper jack knife. That new cocobolo version looks great too.

The cocobolo will come on clip and spear and both 1blade and 2blade.
Looks like the smooth ivory bone will only come on 1blade and 2blade clip.
If they put a sheepsfoot primary on a big run of those, they could be our forum knife...well pretty close at least.

For you guys that have already placed orders, I'm assuming it's through collectorsknives.net? That makes me a bit sad if that's the case, being Canadian I can't place an order with them. Hopefully these knives will be a full production run offered through other dealers in time. I'm assuming this will be the case?

I want one of the #15 spear and pen versions with ebony, although the cocobolo is also tempting. Cap end or barehead I'm undecided on but both are great. Im leaning more towards the barehead but still deciding. Been wanting a knife like this for a while after seeing so many pics of vintage ones from Camillus, Imperial etc. I've got one just like the one I've been searching for, but with a clip blade. Bought it to settle for something similar having no idea a spear run would be coming out so soon:) Can't complain though, I love my clip blade version as well.

I have to get a Cocobolo Spear - no two ways about it!

Mike,

Do you have a time frame for when you expect the smooth ivory bone to arrive?

Had to get a cocobolo clip jack. Passing on the white bone because I already dropped the cash for the Eureka. GEC you are killing me slowly and happily

Oooooh, boy:

APRIL-19.png

Back