1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Cool pics Dan, thank you for inspiring the giveaway :) :thumbsup:

2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you kindly.

@scrteened porch - Much Thanks, Jer.

mitch4ging, scrteened porch and dc50 like this.
  3. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Your beautiful HHB made short work of that melon.

mitch4ging, dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  4. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    @JohnDF, @CelloDan, @WHT, @Modoc ED, @cudgee, @mitch4ging,
    @cigarrodog, and @r8shell, thank you for sharing a bit about the motivation for your first lambsfoot. I'm struck by how many referenced the community of the Guardians thread. It seems that the community is bringing folks to the knife rather than the other way around. That's pretty cool and speaks volumes about the character of the folks who frequent this thread.

@Jack Black, thanks for the impromptu giveaway. It was fun seeing the nature photos fly in. @5K Qs, congratulations! A deserving winner, for sure!

@cigarrodog, happy early birthday! I hope your whole birthday week is splendid beyond all expectation. And, that you keep getting more cake. ;)

Edit: Ack! I noticed at least one mention that somehow got missed regarding lambsfoot origin stories. I apologize if I've missed anyone else.

5. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    My interest in the lambsfoot actually predates the Guardians.

https://bladeforums.com/threads/i-wish-gec-would-make-a-proper-lambsfoot-knife.1078126/

Still, I have to give Jack the credit. Were it not for his efforts, I doubt that I would have ever been aware the lambsfoot even existed. His enthusiasm is infectious, and that's three knives now -- the British Army clasp knife, the lambsfoot, and the Aitor Castor. I need to stop opening his threads, that guy's a menace! :D

6. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    We don't have chipmunks around here, I mistook him for a baby squirrel.
    Chippy isn't just cute. He's adorable.

7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I only put a fresh edge on it today Harvey, so it wasn't much of a contest! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Greg :) :thumbsup:

8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! I'll take that as a compliment my friend! :D :thumbsup:

9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! :) One does have to do a little maintenance occasionally! ;) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Gary @5K Qs Thank you for your generosity Jack @Jack Black

mitch4ging, Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  10. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Way to go Gary!!!:thumbsup::)

11. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Great GA, Jack, and congrats on 1500+ pages!!
    Congrats GT, for your win and for your Generosity!!!:thumbsup:
    Hope the win/gift keeps you cool Rachel!!:) You live in a WARM place!!

12. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    So COOL, congrats Gary:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mitch4ging, Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  13. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
  14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Congrats to GT, an honored member of the Guardians.
    Thanks to Jack for being so generous and making this place so welcoming.
    Lastly, congrats to all the Guardians for 1500 pages of Lambsfoot goodness.

Sitting here at work, so close to lunch time, that delicious picture is almost too much to handle. :cool: :thumbsup:

15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    This picture isn't helping my hunger either.
    I want Jack's pie for lunch and Harvey's cake for dessert.

16. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Woo Hoo! :cool::thumbsup::D
    Thanks for the generous 1500-page GAW, Jack, and thanks for all the congratulatory posts from other fellow Guardians! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Jack, please remember that I requested that you'd please send the prize to Rachel in the event that my name was drawn! Do you still need a photo of my entire flock?

- GT

mitch4ging, Dschal, Cutfinger and 4 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Charlie, I'm glad you reminded me about Rachel, I'd forgotten! :D Sorry Rachel, congratulations to you too :D Forget my other comment GT, very generous of you to gift your winnings :thumbsup: Rachel, I'll be in touch :thumbsup:

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks for all your great contributions here John :thumbsup:

Congratulations my friend, that was generous of you, I have just sent Rachel a PM :) Thanks to you and Charlie for reminding me! :D :thumbsup:

I no longer need a photo of your entire flock, though you're very welcome to post one ;) :D :thumbsup:

19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    It being Thursday tomorrow, I'll be out of the house early, and headed to the market to help my pal out (I don't do much apart from swap jokes, go and buy cakes, and pass him a carrier bag now and then!) :) Think I'm going to carry this 'un tomorrow :) Have a good day folks, and once again, thanks to everyone who has helped to get us to 1500 pages :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

ulix, peanutsxx, Reaper AL and 16 others like this.
  20. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Congrats, Gary, and thanks to Jack and all the Guardians for such great photos!
    When you're house-bound, a little color can sure brighten the day! :thumbsup: :)