1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, Jack. :) I've been planning to do a new flock foto for a while, but it hasn't happened yet.
    That looks delicious, Jack :thumbsup::):thumbsup:, but where do you get the gravy? I think of gravy as a by-product of preparing meat, but the meat is already in the pie, right? Can you buy containers of "independent" gravy to use as needed?

- GT

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    mitch4ging, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Well then, congratulations to Rachel, another honored member of the Guardians. :cool: :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, tmd_87, dc50 and 3 others like this.
  3. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Are you absitively, posolutely, sure you want to pass the winnings on? You can call "backsies" if you want!

Thank you Jack, and thank you, @5K Qs (if he's surely sure)
    and thank you to all the folks who wished congratulations. :)
    Here's a picture of my flock:
    [​IMG]

4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Maybe you'll get an ivory! ;)
    Congrats!

peanutsxx, mitch4ging, tmd_87 and 4 others like this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I laughed out loud. :D

Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  6. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    mitch4ging, tmd_87, JohnDF and 2 others like this.
  7. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Congratulations Gary and many compliments for your kindness to r8shell.:D;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

mitch4ging, tmd_87 and r8shell like this.
  8. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I believe she pronounces it "smooth white bone", Vince! ;):D

Seriously, though, congratulations r8shell! I'm sure whatever Jack sends your way will be special. :thumbsup:

9. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    @WhittlinAway Thanks for your great question about everyone's interest in the Lamb Foot, the Gaurdians and the porch. One thing i forgot to mention is the quick wit and dry sense of humor that is bantered around on the "Porch".There are some very quick and funny people on the porch with some great banter and posts. This seems to me, to be a lot more prevalent on the "Porch", which just shows the good people that gravitate towards the "Gaurdians". I have found everyone's posts about how they became involved with their affection for the Lamb Foot, most interesting reading.:):thumbsup:. Now to more important matters, after publicly coming out about my "addiction" issues, this is the problem everyone on the "Porch" has. Take note and be warned.:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:
    [​IMG]

10. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Congrats @r8shell !
    @5K Qs - you must be one of the luckiest men alive!:D I've never seen someone get picked randomly so many times! I hope you play the lottery- seriously, you must have mad karma points built up!:D Nice gesture to pass it on to R8shell.:thumbsup:
    Thanks @Jack Black for all the fun!:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

11. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    @Jack Black - That reminds me of a Bridie Beef Pie we used to get when I was stationed in Scotland. I believe they originated in Forfar, Scotland which was just a few miles from Edzell Base where I was stationed.

tmd_87, Prester John, dc50 and 3 others like this.
  12. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    CONGRATS @r8shell Cheers to Jack!!!

Carrying this damlamb!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  13. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Mate, mate. After seeing that, today i am driving over to Daylesford, about 30 miles away from where i am staying to get a pie. There is a fantastic little pie shop there. I have some locally grown spuds, this is a big spud growing area, you can buy them off the side of the road, it is the honesty system. Tonight, Pie, Spuds, Peas, and i do make a good gravy and there is some homemade apricot worstershire sauce that has been left in the pantry for me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Good day, folks. I have a lot to catch up on here. I had a post prepared from last week that I never got around to sharing. Work had gotten particularly busy and my forum presence got scarcer as a result.

Better late than never, I suppose.

When I go hunting, I often salve my disappointment in my lack of big game with the auxiliary pursuit of mushroom gathering. These fine specimens were a couple that got pulled from a rather large patch. For those of you who might not be aware, they are known as Lobster Mushrooms and are incredibly choice and quite tasty.

[​IMG]

I brought them home with the specific intent of making a pasta dish. In the past, I've made elk & lobster mushroom stroganoff, teriyaki lobster mushroom yakisoba, among other dishes. It is a rather versatile mushroom and its unique flavor and firm consistency make it an ideal choice for all sorts of culinary delights.

When you gather wild musrooms you do not wash them with water, you simply wipe/brush off the forest dirt and debris. After I cleaned them up a bit, I sliced them up into sizable chunks and set them aside. Note that the Lambsfoot makes for an excellent kitchen companion.

[​IMG]

While I was preparing the noodles (angel hair (I forget the proper name)), I cut up some onion and green beans, the latter being fresh from my garden.

[​IMG]

I began to saute the onions and beans, adding seasoning and garlic. After they began to soften, I added the mushrooms.

[​IMG]

A splash of white whine!

[​IMG]

A beer for myself (a potzdorf rauchbier (smoked larger)). Absolutely delightful!

[​IMG]

I cut up some fresh tomatoes from my garden to serve as a sort of garnish. At this time, I added spinach to cook down and bit and the grated parmesan and cream to get a bit of a sauce going.

[​IMG]

Though the resulting pasta was very tasty and fulfilling, I mucked up the sauce pretty good and the dish ended up being a bit stickier than I wanted. I guess I will need to perfect that part of the dish for the next time.

[​IMG]

15. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Still looks good.:thumbsup:

Pàdruig and tmd_87 like this.
  16. NHHunter

NHHunter

Dec 26, 2009
    great photos .... :thumbsup:

tmd_87 likes this.
  17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    @r8shell Congratulations! :) After reading back through the posts for the last couple of days I realized that Gary @5K Qs had passed his winnings on to you. :thumbsup: I think that’s a super nice gesture Gary! You two are both great ambassadors for the Lambsfoot! Again congratulations to you both and thanks to Mr. @Jack Black for his generosity! :D

18. Bugs57

Bugs57 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Sorry for the plumbing problem. I feel your pain. Went through the plumbing fiasco last Friday. Wife noticed water seeping in under the master bedroom and bathroom walls. After a little quick deduction I realized it was from the copper water main coming into the house. Had to take out a section of drywall wall in bedroom and part of the ceiling. The copper pipe had a pinhole spraying water up in the attic and running down the wall. Shut off water supply, cut out bad section of pipe and fitted a new section of copper pipe and made new connection to pex. Funny thing is the pipe in the wall looks new but in the attic subjected to the heat and humidity of SW FL it just corroded out. Still drying the wall out with fans. Had to cover the ceiling with a makeshift cover to keep the heat out and the AC in. Soon as it is good and dry I will lay in new drywall, apply the knock down finish and repaint. Saved a bunch of money fixing it myself but it ruined my weekend off and the upcoming one doing drywall doesn't look like fun either.
    [​IMG]

19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I've been mostly keeping up with this thread in terms of reading the posts, but I haven't responded to any posts for almost two weeks. About that time, a 36" circumference limb fell off an old oak tree in the front yard and punched a couple of sizable holes completely through the roof, cracked a rafter, and tore off numerous shingles. So roof repairs, debris clean-up, consultations with tree guys, and correspondence with insurance people have occupied a substantial part of my time. Oh, and a new semester started a couple of days after the limb came down, and I'm teaching one class again, so that cuts into my "play time". :rolleyes: Less than two weeks didn't sound like such a big deal for catching up, but then I noticed it was almost 40 pages!! :eek: So in honor of Columbus Day coming up in about a month, I restricted my search for posts to quote to those on page 1492 or higher (basically since Monday, I think), and ignored MANY posts that were quote-worthy. :(

José, @WHT , and ED, those are fantastic flocks of lambsfoots you all posted!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ron, your motto for this week must be "Go BIG or go home!" ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: That's a trio of big. bold, beautiful lambsfoots!

Bill, Harvey, José, Jack, Mark, and Vince:
    Stunning stag HHBs you all have posted this week!!! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup::cool:

That 2-blade model really appeals to me, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Looks very similar to my evening meal most nights, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I slice up a bunch of vegetables (and maybe some fruits and/or meat), but instead of letting it stew for a couple of hours, I just "nuke" it for 5 or 6 minutes total, and I'm good to go!

Excellent image, Charlie! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Top-drawer pairing with your stag HHB and jigged bone WCLF, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What a year for astounding new lambsfoot patterns!

Suspenseful photo with the gorgeous stag lambsfoot and the black dog about to launch an attack on the oblivious white dog!! :eek::D:cool:

Congrats on the ravishing new custom lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

That's cause for celebration and thanksgiving, ED!! :cool::thumbsup::cool::) Thanks for letting us know how it turned out!

Dan, the ebony on your lambsfoot is SO distinguished! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: And my wife made me send her links to your chipmunk pics; she said, "Isn't that just the cutest thing you ever did see??" (Of course she says that almost anytime she sees a small animal or child. :rolleyes::D)

Very cool to read your lambsfoot autobiography, @cudgee! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment, Dennis. :)
    The bolded statement is probably a good explanation for why you're a "target" of the generosity of several Guardians in this GAW; everyone appreciates all the effort and caring you invest in your personalized multi quotes! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Gotta appreciate the patina on your ironwood lamb, too! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Jack; those ACs are certainly photogenic! :)

I'm very honored that you would enter on my behalf, José. :):cool: I thought about asking that you get the prize if I win, but then decided that might make Jack's brain explode! :D:eek: If your name were drawn, then I'd win, but if I win, then the prize goes to you, but if you win the prize it gets sent to me, ... In the interest of Jack's (precarious?? :p) mental health, I decided to enter for @r8shell instead. :rolleyes:

Very cool coin tray, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I have a napkin holder by the kitchen table that my daughter made from decorated toilet paper roles probably 25 years ago; I use it all the time. ;)

Glad you didn't have to wait ALL day for the plumber, and that you could sharpen some lambs foots while waiting, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Most non-Texans would say that the statement I bolded is exactly why you Texans need help!! ;):D:D I posted a pic to enter the GAW that I took at my vacation place, and if it had the mojo to win, I thought I'd give you the credit for memorializing the vacation locale on the scrimshaw you did for me! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

- GT

20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! I’m sorry to hear about your tree problem. It’s one that I’m all to familiar with myself. If it’s any consolation it sounds as if it could have been much worse.