Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good Evening/Morning Guardians
The electricity may be off for a few days for us, not sure how much I'm going to get to post once my computer battery dies. I'll go ahead and post my usual daily picture and see what tomorrow brings. As you can see, the patina on Skoll is starting to come along.
Looking good John, I'm proud of you :thumbsup:I didn't think you would follow through. :p

Dave dc50 dc50 - your tasty soup pic, reminded me of these pics I’d taken while out and about. One thing I love about Melbourne is the high standard of international food, due to successive contributions by new Australians over the years since WW2.
oohh they look tempting, I just showed Linda your pics, so now we are having noodles for lunch.:thumbsup::p

Looks good Dave, and it made for a fine pic too :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, my friend.:thumbsup::)
Good morning Guardians! :) I hope y’all have a wonderful day! :thumbsup: I’m carrying Big Rosie today. :D
Rosie is a fine looking girl Ron. :thumbsup::cool:

JohnDF JohnDF -

MATH TEST

Ed had 36 Candy Bars. He ate 18 of the Candy Bars.
What does Ed have now?

DIABETES !!

When a person has diabetes, one of these makes a nice pick-me-up.

dhfZSAS.jpg

This arrived today from Sheffield by way of Belgium. It is a Taylors Eye lambsfoot. Unfortunately I can't show it to you until Tuesday as it is a birthday gift from my wife.
View attachment 1210669
Open... Open... Open... :)

Looking good John, I'm proud of you :thumbsup:I didn't think you would follow through. :p
I'm a man of my word. :p

What a beautiful picture, Dave. :cool: :thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF -

MATH TEST

Ed had 36 Candy Bars. He ate 18 of the Candy Bars.
What does Ed have now?
I was going to say, "Room for more." :D

Hi Guardians,

I have registered here, because I wanted to get more info on how to acquire a Hartshead Barlow. Maybe some of you have read my thread, thanks to @cigardog for directing me to write here.

How did I get here in the first place? Well, a long time ago, maybe one or two years ago I was looking for knives still made in the UK. That’s when I found an article in the guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/jan/23/make-a-sheffield-pocket-knife) about Sheffield’s cutlers and looked at some knives from Trevor Ablett. I never bought anything from Mr. Ablett, somehow the time was not right, which I now regret…

Well somehow traditional knives were not my cup of tea the last few years, I’m more into G10 stuff and a/was great fan of spyderco. That’s why I bought a UKPK, but I always want to support small, traditional business and somehow traditional knives have grown on me (this might be that I have lived in the uk for the last year and grown more fond of the uk than I already was before). But at first I looked at knives from Case and some from makers in Solingen in Germany, where I’m from. But decided I want to go with a British knives legend (I think the blade has a very interesting shape).

So through this I ended looking through the guardians nice knives picturesJ, especially I found the Hartshead Barlow knife you and instantly fell in love with it. I tried to somehow find a source to acquire a Hartshead, but since this is not that easy possible, I tired to forget about it.... Thought I could live with a “normal” lambsfoot, but I enjoy the looks of the Hartshead to much and always, for the last few weeks, are coming back to the nice pictures of it you the Guardians are posting!

I’m not sure how to proceed, since I’m on limited funds as a student, save the money for a Hartshead? Or buy a “normal” lambsfoot from Wright (rosewood) or Taylor Eye Witness, which are stainless. I really prefer things made of stainless…

What would the Guardians, you, advice me to do? I need to become a guardian… :D, immediately.
I came because of made in England, will most likely stay because of the Hartshead, which I think is the most superb traditional knife!

One thing I forgot, I enjoyed the pictures of the production at A.Wright tremendously, thank you very much to Jack Black Jack Black for posting them:thumbsup:
All the best
ulix

Hi Guardians,

I have registered here, because I wanted to get more info on how to acquire a Hartshead Barlow. Maybe some of you have read my thread, thanks to @cigardog for directing me to write here.

How did I get here in the first place? Well, a long time ago, maybe one or two years ago I was looking for knives still made in the UK. That’s when I found an article in the guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/jan/23/make-a-sheffield-pocket-knife) about Sheffield’s cutlers and looked at some knives from Trevor Ablett. I never bought anything from Mr. Ablett, somehow the time was not right, which I now regret…

Well somehow traditional knives were not my cup of tea the last few years, I’m more into G10 stuff and a/was great fan of spyderco. That’s why I bought a UKPK, but I always want to support small, traditional business and somehow traditional knives have grown on me (this might be that I have lived in the uk for the last year and grown more fond of the uk than I already was before). But at first I looked at knives from Case and some from makers in Solingen in Germany, where I’m from. But decided I want to go with a British knives legend (I think the blade has a very interesting shape).

So through this I ended looking through the guardians nice knives picturesJ, especially I found the Hartshead Barlow knife you and instantly fell in love with it. I tried to somehow find a source to acquire a Hartshead, but since this is not that easy possible, I tired to forget about it.... Thought I could live with a “normal” lambsfoot, but I enjoy the looks of the Hartshead to much and always, for the last few weeks, are coming back to the nice pictures of it you the Guardians are posting!

I’m not sure how to proceed, since I’m on limited funds as a student, save the money for a Hartshead? Or buy a “normal” lambsfoot from Wright (rosewood) or Taylor Eye Witness, which are stainless. I really prefer things made of stainless…

What would the Guardians, you, advice me to do? I need to become a guardian… :D, immediately.
I came because of made in England, will most likely stay because of the Hartshead, which I think is the most superb traditional knife!

One thing I forgot, I enjoyed the pictures of the production at A.Wright tremendously, thank you very much to Jack Black Jack Black for posting them:thumbsup:
All the best
ulix
Hello Ulix and welcome. Just to reiterate what was previously said, the Hartshead Barlow is an SFO. My advice was and is, to lurk at first and to read the link offered in the first post. SFOs are occasionally offered to those who regularly participate. I also said that we don’t discuss the buying process and only post Lambsfoot images, and no other patterns. Any discussion of such concerns are best handled via PM(which is one of the many benefits of BFs membership).

This is a great group and I wish you the best.

Back