Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That pic probably looks a lot more scarier than it is! :eek:

My reaction was just the same as Rachel's! :eek: I can usually lighten an overly stiff pull to the point it's manageable, and I prefer a stiff pull anyway. Did the shim work OK, I've done the same with bamboo skewers in the past? :thumbsup:

Yes, I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. It's now easier to pinch open than my HHB, but still has plenty of snap closed (talk?). Also, there is no hint of wanting to tear my thumbnail when opened that way. :thumbsup: I'm going to live with it like it is for a while and let use and time tell me if I need to repeat the process.

Yes, I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. It's now easier to pinch open than my HHB, but still has plenty of snap closed (talk?). Also, there is no hint of wanting to tear my thumbnail when opened that way. :thumbsup: I'm going to live with it like it is for a while and let use and time tell me if I need to repeat the process.

That sounds OK, any lighter than that, and I don't think I'm getting any exercise! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I'm recovered from my trip to the Bay Area yesterday :mad:. Had to head down there for a family funeral.
Today should be full of fun and relaxation. I'm going to watch my beloved Seahawks play this afternoon on TV, and then later we have our annual Christmas Mini Golf night. The local mini golf course is all decorated for Chrismas with music, synchronized light display, and fake snow falling. Its a lot of fun. Tomorrow, I finally get to see the new Star Wars movie. Yay! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Good Morning Guardians
I'm recovered from my trip to the Bay Area yesterday :mad:. Had to head down there for a family funeral.
Today should be full of fun and relaxation. I'm going to watch my beloved Seahawks play this afternoon on TV, and then later we have our annual Christmas Mini Golf night. The local mini golf course is all decorated for Chrismas with music, synchronized light display, and fake snow falling. Its a lot of fun. Tomorrow, I finally get to see the new Star Wars movie. Yay! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Sorry to hear about the funeral John, and the trip to the Bay Area :( :thumbsup: It sounds like you have a much better day ahead of you today :) Cool pic :thumbsup:

I've just had a Cornish pastie with some gravy for lunch, and now I'm rapidly heading to Beer o'Clock! :) :thumbsup:

w7J2gdf.jpg

Good Old Jake
On a poetry break! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks, GT. It'll be mid January.

Yes, my tree is full of Seahawks Football, Sci-Fi, and Super Heroes.
Oh ya, my wife has a few traditional ornaments on there too. I'm sure she's proud. :D

Lol... :D:thumbsup:
Thanks for the replies, John. :)

It might have shrunk some, Gary. The horn is not quite flush with the liners, but I'm not sure whether it was or wasn't before I just checked. I do get some shrinkage in the winter with some of my stag handled knives. Not all of them though, which is interesting. Must have to do with what condition the stag was in when it was hafted, it's density and maybe also the weather. Anyway, the stag returns to normal when the humidity is higher.
It's 8 degrees outside right now and the inside humidity is 26%. I might need to crank up the humidifier!
Thanks for sharing some of your experiences with stag and horn, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
My horn lambsfoot has a tendency to string a little during the winter, but it "fills out" again during the summer.

My mate gave me a book last night ;) :thumbsup:

20mA9XL.jpg

I'm counting CANDIES at the moment Gary ;) :D :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that would have been me who mentioned the film before! :D I know that part of the English Peak District extremely well, and can name all the locations! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos my friend :) :thumbsup:
That looks like an interesting read under your honored HHB, Jack. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Feel free to employ my counting tips for any counting tasks you encounter. :p
I think I'd enjoy watching The Princess Bride in your company, sir! :thumbsup:;)
Thanks for the remark about my pics. :)

Nice pic. My wife is reading Don Quixote right now, and tells me I need to read it too. I have to find a print version, though--she's using a Kindle or Nook, I think.

If you check the "Members" section, there is a "Today's Birthdays" list. I just happened to see your cowboy hat and moustache there!
Love that statue GT, I've never been to Toledo :D :thumbsup:

A terracotta tile on my kitchen wall :)

ZraZdDL.jpg

I loved reading it as a kid Vince, but it was only a children's version. It is a book I have always meant to read. I did have a beautiful antique version in Spanish, but it was stolen many years ago unfortunately :(
Thanks for the hint about the birthday list in the "Members" tab, Vince; hadn't noticed that before! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Vince & Jack, maybe we should start a book club and make Don Quixote (in English for me) or first book to read together; I've never read it either (nor have I seen the musical or film).
Jack, that's a cool tile! :cool::cool: I enjoyed spending a day in Toledo with my daughter, although the shops are very touristy, and the knives seemed overpriced. But the Catedral de Toledo is very impressive, as is the architecture/geography of the central city. We took the train to Toledo from Madrid, and the Moorish train station was amazing to me as my first experience of the city. There's an El Greco museum there, too, but it was closed when we visited Toledo. One day was certainly inadequate to see everything I'd have liked to see.

Skoll getting some much needed Sun...

Notice the hole in the wood about half way along the back spring, I think Skoll spent some time next to Lucy. ;)
Wow, Sköll comes alive when the sunshine hits him! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I didn't know Sköll and Lucy were an item, and, frankly, I don't see how it can last with their preferred schedules. ;):D

To further strengthen my Sunny Disposition, here is a "Big-un" with Buffalo Horn covers basking in the sunshine.

EmjXEEk.jpg
Handsome horn lambsfoot, ED! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Working through PB and internet issues.

Linus just arrived. Yay!
View attachment 1252045
Peanut Butter and internet issue sound messy! :eek::rolleyes:
Great photo of Linus, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (It made me think of ABC Sports "Up Close and Personal" segments in the Olympics, starting back in the '70s.)

Thanks for the kind words, Gary! I can destroy a bag of those mints pretty quickly, I like to put a few in the freezer and eat them frozen as well!:oops:.. it's a sickness!:D

Love your Jack-Jack combo, Gary!:):thumbsup:
On the anvil...
8FIdBte.jpg
Thanks for your kind words, Dennis. :)
Great pic of your horn lambsfoot with heavy metal! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the tip about freezing Andes Mints; I'll try that when I find some.
Your "it's a sickness" comment reminded me of the old song "Hooked on a Feeling":
Got a bug from you, girl
But I don't need a cure.

Linus was famished so I fed him.
View attachment 1252140
OK, I'm envious that Linus got my favorite kind of doughnut! :D:thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you, GT! Cracker Jack is looking mighty fine!

Been going with the AC the last couple of days. I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend!

7nDPuyX.jpg
I’ve had my Ashley’s Choice in my pocket today! :)

31996934637_5802d5fbc4_o_d.jpg
Thanks, Dylan. :)
Your and Ron's ACs are certainly splendid examples of the SFO!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now the sleep test is done at home for a lot less than in the old days, and now the APAP sets its own pressure level every six breaths, and the machine is much cheaper. And the humidifier unit is much better built. So anyway, one area of progress in the world.
My CPAP apparently reduced the number of apnea episodes I had each night, but it never increased my energy the way I hoped it would. I've lost the habit of using it nightly. I should try to use it again, especially during the winter when it provides a reliable air supply when I burrow under the covers, head included, in search of warmth.

It's actually only 5.15am here so I don't now what knife I'll be using today but I'll post a pic anyway.
xQ5Lx3v.jpg
David, your majestic stag HHB appears to be the master of the vast vista he surveys! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Cool pic!

Saturday stag ;) :thumbsup:

plVNAsK.jpg
Behind every stag KOTY is an unsung Bambi proudly supporting the feted knife! :D:cool::cool:

Been carrying this since I got it Wednesday and I must say I’m quite fond of it. It’s a little on the big side for me and I will for sure be getting smaller one soon. So far I’m really liking the lambfoot.
View attachment 1252570
Impressive patina after only a few days! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Me Saturday Lambsfoot.
49254516028_0e0fd87e7b_h.jpg
Heavenly horn, FBC, with stuff headed for hash browns? :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I've always said that it can't be mine until I've cut myself with it. It already gave me a pretty nasty bite the day it came in the mail. Set a record for quickest self inflicted knife wound.
:D:D

Incredibly good news, Gary, thanks. :) 2 real winners you have there!:cool:
Hope everyone has had a good weekend and a good holiday week to come!:thumbsup:

Ironwood sfo on Applewood rounds, destined for ornaments
lAksTnE.jpg
Thanks for the compliment, Mark. :)
I wood like to compliment you on the prize-worthy ironwood and applewood photo, and wood love to see the ornaments eventually! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Conurbation.:thumbsup:
New word for me, and I believe Readers Digest when they claim that "it pays to increase your word power." :thumbsup:;)

My Christmas started yesterday and I'm off now until the new year. I hope you've got a nice Christmas planned yourself. :thumbsup:
Enjoy your holidays, David! :cool:;):cool:

Interesting to hear the results of your efforts; I'm glad that your "experiment" resulted in your knife being more pleasant to operate! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

That sounds OK, any lighter than that, and I don't think I'm getting any exercise! :D ;) :thumbsup:
:p:thumbsup::cool:

One last hurrah for Cracker Jack as Lambsfoot of this week:
CJ.pile.open.box.jpg

And another Christmas shot of my Union Jack:
UJ.tallangel.jpg

- GT

That looks like an interesting read under your honored HHB, Jack. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Feel free to employ my counting tips for any counting tasks you encounter. :p
I think I'd enjoy watching The Princess Bride in your company, sir! :thumbsup:;)
Thanks for the remark about my pics. :)

I'm looking forward to it Gary, think I might have seen a documentary about the same agent once (not the vid below, but I thought you might find it of interest). Unfortunately, it's at the back of a long queue of books I have to read (of which I buy far too many) :rolleyes:

I have to warn you, I might keep saying things like, "What are they bothered about those blokes on the horses for, they're at the other side of the Peak District miles away!" :D :thumbsup:

Vince & Jack, maybe we should start a book club and make Don Quixote (in English for me) or first book to read together; I've never read it either (nor have I seen the musical or film).
Jack, that's a cool tile! :cool::cool: I enjoyed spending a day in Toledo with my daughter, although the shops are very touristy, and the knives seemed overpriced. But the Catedral de Toledo is very impressive, as is the architecture/geography of the central city. We took the train to Toledo from Madrid, and the Moorish train station was amazing to me as my first experience of the city. There's an El Greco museum there, too, but it was closed when we visited Toledo. One day was certainly inadequate to see everything I'd have liked to see.

Great idea buddy :D Thanks GT, I can remember you making the trip. I'll have to go :) :thumbsup:

My CPAP apparently reduced the number of apnea episodes I had each night, but it never increased my energy the way I hoped it would. I've lost the habit of using it nightly. I should try to use it again, especially during the winter when it provides a reliable air supply when I burrow under the covers, head included, in search of warmth.

Same here :( :thumbsup:

View attachment 1252796

View attachment 1252799

- GT

Hurrah! :) Two great pics :) :thumbsup:

It was okay, I just needed to go and represent the family.

I know the type of thing John :thumbsup:

just after 4.30pm here, and it's been dark a while. I'm thinking of beer and a movie ;) Hope everyone is having a good day :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dylan. :)
Your and Ron's ACs are certainly splendid examples of the SFO!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

David, your majestic stag HHB appears to be the master of the vast vista he surveys! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Cool pic!

Behind every stag KOTY is an unsung Bambi proudly supporting the feted knife! :D:cool::cool:

Impressive patina after only a few days! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Heavenly horn, FBC, with stuff headed for hash browns? :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:D:D

Thanks for the compliment, Mark. :)
I wood like to compliment you on the prize-worthy ironwood and applewood photo, and wood love to see the ornaments eventually! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

New word for me, and I believe Readers Digest when they claim that "it pays to increase your word power." :thumbsup:;)

Enjoy your holidays, David! :cool:;):cool:

Interesting to hear the results of your efforts; I'm glad that your "experiment" resulted in your knife being more pleasant to operate! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

:p:thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1252796

View attachment 1252799

- GT
It’s been sure for all my food (apples, bananas, steak, cheese, salami, sandwiches, and vegetables) since I got it along with my everyday tasks. I’m Pruitt impressed with the patina and can’t wait to see it get more pocket time.

Morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I'm still aching a bit from my exertions yesterday - there was a time I could walk 40 miles with a 60 lb pack, now the housework has me beat! o_O :rolleyes: Still got some stuff to do today, and my Hartshead Barlow could do with a touch-up, so I think I'll prioritise that :D ;) Have a lovely Sunday folks :thumbsup:
Wow! In one day? Did 20 miles once with at least 60 lbs. on my back. (Not voluntarily!)

Jack Black Jack Black - Much thanks, Jack. Excellent Hartshead/Bread; toasted of course.:thumbsup:

What are Membership requirements for GGC?:D

@Half/Stop - Real nice Stag on the AC, Ron.

c-mac c-mac - That Horn Big ún, is a keeper.:thumbsup:

Prester John Prester John - Thank you kindly, Vince.

@Ramrodmb - Much thanks, Mark. Your image of the Ironwood Lamb is suitable for framing.:thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF - Belated congratulations on your Son’s accomplishment. Have fun tomorrow at SW. cool ornament.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you for the nice words, GT. That doughnut goes so well with coffee.:) Top drawer image of Cracker Jack. It has a lot of nice touches.:thumbsup:

I'll look for a copy this week. I've been meaning to read it for some time--why not now? Gotta find a translation older than me, though. I hate most of the modern translations of anything.
71A3C645-D35E-4782-99EA-3B80DCAAB7BC.jpeg

Cool pic!

View attachment 1252796

- GT

Thank you GT! It's 'The Great Ridge' in Derbyshire.
https://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/t...mam-tor-the-great-ridge-walking-route-p678311

The hill centre distance is Lose Hill, the cliff centre distance is Back Tor. The rise left distance is Kinder Plateau. It's hardly hard walking country, I've seen people pushing prams along the ridge. :D

All your Cracker Jack needs is a Christmas Cracker to round it off. :):thumbsup:

Jack, that's got to be the funniest plug for a book I've ever seen.:D When he called Penzance "an obscure part of England" I could here the Cornlanders choking on their pasties from here. :D

Back