Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I’ve had this Lambsfoot for a short while. Today I really put it to work.
We’ve been in our house 30 years and I’ve relented to the wife’s request to redo the the bathrooms. Finished the guest bath a couple weeks ago. Tomorrow starts the Master Bath. I planned to do some of the demolition myself ( save a few buck and good way to work out some pent up energy/frustrations.)
Today the Lambsfoot cut caulking/sealant on countertops , shower enclosures, cut out old carpet and padding and caulk around the toilet base. A SHI*** Job but it completed the task admirably. I’m whipped.
C01952F0-15E2-4CAF-9BCF-97E85B6534DB.jpeg 1B67E317-E253-49B6-A80C-CB844B0B348B.jpeg

striking patina on that blade :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. They do form interesting patterns!:thumbsup:
That’s cool image of your Lamb Foot. Love the swirls.
Thanks, Harvey! It's a roll of strapping I had dug out for a project.
In the woods there's a very small cottage, which until very recently, was a ruin. Dates from 1675.

IQeOaCF.jpg
This old gate leads into the Harewood Estate...

Ia7CLSZ.jpg
Very cool tour, Jack, I enjoyed the scenery very much. :cool::thumbsup:
First my Lambsfoot picture.
rH4bVBr.jpg
Also some great photos, Randy!:):thumbsup:

I've heard plenty of stories of folks having bone-handled knives impounded too :(

6wFmTnx.jpg
A very interesting example, Jack, and a cool photo!:)
I’m recycling a sunrise photo from another trip to Jekyll Island. But, it’s a good one! ;) Lambsfoot content will be my stag big’un again! Have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

25732147424_27dfa698dd_o_d.jpg

49882737026_0ea4df6087_o_d.jpg
Looks like a great trip, Ron, looking good!
Great photo as well!:cool::thumbsup:
A little Encore on the rocks this morning :thumbsup:
T8aJTdi.jpg
Wonderful composition, awsome shot, Rob!;)
Good Morning Guardians
Ahh, what a shot, John! The ebony is superb!:cool::thumbsup:
1593485617346.jpg
Very cool, Vince! "A whiter shade of scale"?:D
I forgot to have my Sunday Sausage Sandwich yesterday, so made up for it today ;) :thumbsup:

F0K4PDG.jpg
Looks good, but I'm with Vince on the fungus...there is no fun in...:cool::thumbsup:
Good Afternoon Guardians
a07cda51-7e9b-402b-aea5-0046d0c1019d-jpeg.1368497
Another beautiful shot by the master! Nice, Harvey!:)
Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.

Mtcn2Nn.jpg
Your HHB is looking grand, Ed!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Since we have musical leanings today... I got to see SRV play at a club in Houston in 1983. It was awesome!
I'm envious, both of the concert and the great looking Lambsfoot!;):thumbsup:
I'm just having this one, it's better than the film ;) :D :thumbsup:

IA01NlP.jpg
Cheers, Jack! But I do like Wes Studi, another Okie! He was great in the Last of the Mohicans.:thumbsup:

No amount of google search helped me find what a whiz wam is lol :)
I'm afraid to even type that into the search engine!:eek::D
Hi Guardians :)
j1hHcM2.jpg
Nice shot, Dan!:)
My new camera is supposed to be here Friday so maybe I can stop my recycling campaign. :D
One of Jack Black Jack Black famous gift packages.

j3m6rTw.jpg
I'm enjoying all your "recycled " photos, look forward to your new ones.:):thumbsup:
Nice shot!!
Good luck with the remodeling!

Happy end of Monday, Guardians!

A group of us were able to get a few boxes of chicken breasts, so we spent the day delivering it out to some elderly and those financial hurt by not being able to work because of the COVID-19.
IMG_0586.JPG Time to replenish fluids.
4zlTQQN.jpg

Thanks a lot Harvey, that's a great pic of your TEW Lambsfoot, and it was nice to see a bit more of your Rodgers Shadow pattern too :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack.:)

Another beautiful shot
Thank you Dennis.

A group of us were able to get a few boxes of chicken breasts, so we spent the day delivering it out to some elderly and those financial hurt by not being able to work because of the COVID-19.
Respect for your acts of kindness, my friend. And you managed to make a great image of your Horn Lamb Foot, too.

Thanks, Jack. They do form interesting patterns!:thumbsup:

Thanks, Harvey! It's a roll of strapping I had dug out for a project.

Also some great photos, Randy!:):thumbsup:

Looks like a great trip, Ron, looking good!
Great photo as well!:cool::thumbsup:

Wonderful composition, awsome shot, Rob!;)

Ahh, what a shot, John! The ebony is superb!:cool::thumbsup:
View attachment 1368940

Very cool, Vince! "A whiter shade of scale"?:D

Looks good, but I'm with Vince on the fungus...there is no fun in...:cool::thumbsup:

Another beautiful shot by the master! Nice, Harvey!:)

Your HHB is looking grand, Ed!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm envious, both of the concert and the great looking Lambsfoot!;):thumbsup:

Cheers, Jack! But I do like Wes Studi, another Okie! He was great in the Last of the Mohicans.:thumbsup:

I'm afraid to even type that into the search engine!:eek::D

Nice shot, Dan!:)

I'm enjoying all your "recycled " photos, look forward to your new ones.:):thumbsup:

Nice shot!!
Good luck with the remodeling!

View attachment 1368948 Time to replenish fluids.
4zlTQQN.jpg
Good on you and your compatriots mate, fantastic to see your community minded spirit, sometimes it takes adversity to bring out the good in people, and always the cream rises to the top. And you my friend are " Pure Bred Jersey Cow Cream ". Well done, and hope you are going okay. Look after yourself in these uncertain times.:):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah, I’ve had the Steam, and I think I tried that Porter before. This was a few years back now, not sure if they do it anymore, but they used to sell their seasonal Christmas Ale in magnum bottles! :eek: :D

XweupGS.jpg

Am I too late to join in on this Guardian Thread trend? :D

rU7udMe.jpg

Great photos, Chin! :thumbsup: I generally try to avoid subways if at all possible, but I know in some cities you don’t have much of a choice.

4UCmh7h.jpg

Excellent photo, Jack! I just finished peeling and chopping a bunch of apples for an apple cake recipe that was (is) my mom’s. :thumbsup:

On our first trip to England to visit my brother and his family, we spent a couple days in London before heading to Bath. I’m glad we did, but I certainly wouldn’t want to live there, and I don’t know that I’d need much longer of a visit, either. :D

zeMFAai.jpg

Great photos, Dan! :thumbsup:

Good stuff! :thumbsup: (Well done, Jack!)

If you’d like to be added to the Guardians Map, just let me know where to put ya. :thumbsup:

Interesting story, Jack. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

[First time in a long time I've had to split a post up! Just about pulled my hair out trying to do it on my phone, too; ended up having to move to the computer.]

I have seen those Magnum bottles here Barrett, but the small Christmas Ale bottles cost enough! :eek: :D I usually treat myself to a couple, and always enjoy them, but I missed them last year :( :thumbsup:

Yay! Secret Aardvark! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett, that apple cake sounds good :)

I wouldn't want to live in London either! :eek: That is a great photo of Eleanor and her cousin though, that location actually looks familiar :thumbsup:

Thanks for maintaining the Guardians map my friend :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black , I won’t quote them all here since you did it over several posts, but thanks for the Page 2068 (and beyond) recap of your SFO’s. I’m gonna bookmark that page, as I’m always forgetting which is which! (I still kick myself every now and then for passing on those beautiful Damascus models!)

I'm grateful for the help, from other Guardians, reminding me of when they were made! :D I had hoped to do more of the Damascus models, but sadly not :(

You certainly did get a variety from that brewery, didn’t you? :eek: :D

I think I got every bottled beer available! :D :thumbsup:

Excellent photos from your walk! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A little extra Lambsfoot content, since I had to split my post up.

FpmF5nI.jpg

[First my post had too many characters, so I split it up. Then this second half had too many photos! So I had to edit a few out from all the walk-scenery-vacation-etc. photos that I quoted; nothing against those photos in particular, of course, they were all excellent.][/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, ace pic of your Rosewood Lambsfoot, which one is that? :thumbsup:

My new camera is supposed to be here Friday so maybe I can stop my recycling campaign. :D
One of Jack Black Jack Black famous gift packages.

j3m6rTw.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your new pics Randy, but I'm enjoying seeing the old ones again too :)

I’ve had this Lambsfoot for a short while. Today I really put it to work.
We’ve been in our house 30 years and I’ve relented to the wife’s request to redo the the bathrooms. Finished the guest bath a couple weeks ago. Tomorrow starts the Master Bath. I planned to do some of the demolition myself ( save a few buck and good way to work out some pent up energy/frustrations.)
Today the Lambsfoot cut caulking/sealant on countertops , shower enclosures, cut out old carpet and padding and caulk around the toilet base. A SHI*** Job but it completed the task admirably. I’m whipped.
View attachment 1368903 View attachment 1368904

Looks like you and your Lambsfoot have been hard at work George, well done :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words Dennis :) Wes Studi is excellent, I watched an interview with him last week, and he was at his best in Last of the Mohicans, great film :thumbsup:

View attachment 1368948 Time to replenish fluids.
4zlTQQN.jpg

Fantastic work by you and your amigos Dennis, well done :) Cheers buddy :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone's week got off to a good start :) The weather is still rotten here, I actually had the heating on for a while last night :eek: Since the most recent Windows update, I'm having massive problems connecting to the internet, might have to spend some time trying to sort that out today o_O My Hartshead Barlow sure has turned me into a dull boy! :rolleyes: Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

F4SyadO.jpg

Haha! I don't trust myself with it after a single beer, the barrel itself is a standard 16" AR barrel with a keymod shroud which keeps your hands away from a hot barrel and the horizontal key hole cut outs allow you to attach accessories such as the M203 which is certainly not available to civilians. The scope is on a picatinny rail which snaps onto the keymod. It's a very versatile set up. Scope and sling is all I need:thumbsup:

yQXjB3a.jpg

Sounds an excellent set up.:thumbsup: The last time I shot an AR15 would of been 1989-1990, in the weeks leading up to the confiscation after they passed the law in 1988 to ban them. It was the civilian equivalent of what the US Army called the M16A2. I was only about 16 at the time, but found it a nice shooting rifle. This was of course before all those fancy rail systems and what not were invented.
P.S. You spoiling your dog. :D

I have hiked portions of the AT many times most when I was a much younger man but never a thru hike but I have done 4day hike and camp excursions many times and a full week a few times. We always got on the trail in Hot Springs, NC it's a little mountain town that I wish everyone could see it's like stepping back in time. It's 30 or 35 miles or 48 to 56 km from my home. The town is very friendly to hikers or other wanderers that find their way there. A lot of Trail Angels leave their Trail magic on the trail around the town. They also have a very large camp ground when you first come in to town that host a 3 day Harley Rally and hold at the campground every year my band and I have played at it. The place is acres and acres and acres huge and an insane amount of bikers converge on it every summer partying hard but they're laid back an having a good time I've never saw any trouble nor have I ever heard of any trouble there.

Here's a couple of links if you want to take a look at the Rally or find out about Trail Angels.,
RALLY / TRAIL ANGELS

Thanks Randy, I'll take a look at that link. I'm thinking of doing a multi-day hike for my 50th in a couple of years and the AT was a consideration. It would just of been a section of it though as a U.S tourist visa doesn't last that long. There's a young lass on Youtube whose hiked the PCT, CDT and AT and did some video diaries and it looks a great hike in a cracking part of the world. It must be great to have that country on your doorstep.

And what kills the biggest spider in my garage? This specimen easily straddling my hand....not an exoskeleton but a corpse...Im thinking a smaller more venomous spider...
No insecticides in there that I know of.
20200327-180906.jpg

That's a Huntsman isn't it.

The haze was terrible but it’s better today! The bike paths are great here on the island. They actually intertwine the entire island. :) :thumbsup:

Well if there all like that what you showed in your photo it looks great set up.

As for what kills a spider like that, maybe it was one like this. Took this picture in my garage a while back.

Glad I live in the UK. :D:thumbsup:

Just to clarify that the 2018 ebony Guardians knives weren't bagpipe ebony.

Sorry Jack got confused between them all.

In the 1960's, thousands of old upright pianos were destroyed here, as fashions changed (and TV became more accessible). As a young boy, I was very excited to get the ivory keys from ours, but they were just wood, with a thin veneer on top :( I think the penalty for trying to ship ivory out of the UK is now up to 5 years imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine! :eek:

Yeah, so I understand mate. Even before that you needed certification for each individual piece, which would be prohibitively expensive with pocket knives. I've shipped a few pieces, when the penalty was just confiscation, but I don't fancy a five stretch! :eek: In the words of Big Vern: "I ain't going grey in no chokey for no one!" :D :thumbsup:

I've heard plenty of stories of folks having bone-handled knives impounded too :(

6wFmTnx.jpg

I didn't know that about the keys Jack. On our piano though my cousin believes them to be definitely ivory due to it's age-it's mid to late Victorian (probably 1870's).
So what your saying then is that if you had a piano that did have all ivory keys and wanted to import it you'd have to have a licence for each individual key? :eek:
That's appalling to think that cracking looking lambsfoot there would be impounded due to ignorance of our customs staff.

You got me on this one David :D
No amount of google search helped me find what a whiz wam is lol :)

Hi Guardians :)
j1hHcM2.jpg

Hi Dan, great shot. I'm constantly amazed at your gravity defying lambsfoot. :D
A whiz wam is what you would call a mosquito? It may be quite a regional thing as I've never heard any of my mates (who are spread round the UK) use that expression.

Morning all.
A recycled shot but the one I've got with me today.
3KMCygS.jpg

Sorry Jack got confused between them all.

I didn't know that about the keys Jack. On our piano though my cousin believes them to be definitely ivory due to it's age-it's mid to late Victorian (probably 1870's).
So what your saying then is that if you had a piano that did have all ivory keys and wanted to import it you'd have to have a licence for each individual key? :eek:
That's appalling to think that cracking looking lambsfoot there would be impounded due to ignorance of our customs staff.

Morning all.
A recycled shot but the one I've got with me today.
3KMCygS.jpg

Understandably David :D :thumbsup:

There is an exception for items made before 1947, which are less than 10% ivory, but you'd still need certification (for the piano, not the individual keys ;)). Otherwise, unless it belonged to Beethoven, and it was going to the British Museum, I don't think you'd get it into the country at all! The legislation is among the toughest in the world, and antique dealers recently lost an appeal. Still not illegal to own or display though.

Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Edit - Thought I'd add a pic ;)

6Ljm0EJ.jpg

Last edited:
donn donn yes a Huntsman...not venomous by Aus standards and may be handled gently if in the right mood by the right kind of nutter.
They do have a savage bite though...bit like a crab nipper...there is a wasp that preys on them but it will drag them back to the nest.
This one was offed by something else...?
Cheers.

Good morning Guardians. Heading off to the links this morning. Hope the rain holds off today...at least until the round is finished:D. Will have this one with me today.
View attachment 1369006

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Have fun Bill :thumbsup:

donn donn yes a Huntsman...not venomous by Aus standards and may be handled gently if in the right mood by the right kind of nutter.
They do have a savage bite though...bit like a crab nipper...there is a wasp that preys on them but it will drag them back to the nest.
This one was offed by something else...?
Cheers.

That must be some wasp! :eek:

Back