Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack. :)
    Thought I'd wait for morning light to take my picture.

Jack Black likes this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I've been inside, almost all of the day, waiting for a parcel, and the mail never came :(

JohnDF likes this.
  3. rockman0

rockman0 Basic Member Basic Member

May 5, 2013
    Great picture of your ebony Dan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis, appreciate it :thumbsup::thumbsup: Excellent choice of fluid replenishment beverage :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    First one I shot was late 80's I believe, same as you mentioned, standard civilian version of military issued rifles. Really enjoyable to shoot, low recoil rifles are just fun:thumbsup: I never purchased one because it just wasn't a legal caliber for deer in my state, good for smaller varmints but they were not of interest to me. So a couple of years ago I attended a gun show and dropped my name and phone number in the bin for the door prize drawing, I have never won anything in door prizes or raffles, I was very surprised by the phone call to come pick up this rifle:thumbsup: I did spend money on the scope and carrying case but well worth it :)

Yes that dog is very spoiled, him and his litter mate are both rotten:D they are great entertainment for my wife and I :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice horn on your lambsfoot for today, always enjoy seeing it:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks David:thumbsup:
    Beautiful knife Jack, nice to see it again, love it:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Enjoy the golf Bill:thumbsup: very nice picture :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Pile side on rocks :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, Ramrodmb, WHT and 10 others like this.
  4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Cool flock shot, with individual IDs!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Great pic of your stag lambsfoot, Jack; it conveys "summer" to me! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy to hear that your overseas mail came in, Vince. :):thumbsup:
    Fine pic of your ironwood lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

What a notable pair, ED! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the blueberry & AC adventure, Joshua; I enjoyed the photos! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
    Safe (and healthy) travels for you and yours on the Texas/Florida trail!

Those ebony WCLFs sure are elegant, gentlemen!!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Splendid knife and photo, Dan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'll gladly wear a shoe that fits me! :D;)

That knife is a knockout, Rob! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I don't remember if I've ever showed you my colander :D:
    hhb2.9.colander.jpg

I always admire the glowing embers look of your desert ironwood lams foot, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tough to find a better "two for the road", Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Striking "inner glow" generated by your lambs foot's horn handle, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:eek::D:D

Congrats on the splendid transformation!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

About 30 years ago, I was teaching a calculus class in which we explored parabolas, ellipses, hyperbolas and the textbook's notation involved some Greek letters for lengths of major/minor axes, etc. One student suddenly blurted out something like, "I liked math in grade school when we used numbers, but then in high school we had to start using x and y. And now we're using letters from an alphabet I don't even know. Not much fun anymore!"

Good plan for your daily to-do lists. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    102 is crazy! :eek: We're supposed to hit low 90s every day this week, and I think that's pretty brutal. (Got groceries at 6am today, took my 6 mile walk at 8:15am.)

Hope you all have a great time on your trip, Ron! Thanks for the interesting pics! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome back, Mike, and thanks for bringing some tasty grain with you! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for showing the 2-blade, ED! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great photos of your opportunity to get out in the woods, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the Hollister, MO info, Rob. :)

I agree on the myriad benefits of getting out for a walk! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I've been doing a 6-8 mile "march for peace and sanity" every day since mid-March. I don't get out "into the wild" much, it's all urban areas, but I enjoy seeing the various neighborhoods that are within walking distance of me. Lots of diversity in architecture, landscaping, people, income, etc.

Nice pic, Les! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the photos, Randy! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on getting that plum jam made! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I always am impressed by that photo of the run of ACs! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

TFBraden, mitch4ging, JTB_5 and 11 others like this.
  5. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Seems to be a pattern with you lately. :(

Jack Black likes this.
  6. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    By the way, my lambsfoot this week is Cracker Jack:
    cj.pile.closed.onback.deckpost.jpg

- GT

7. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I could see Greek letter causing my students to run away screaming. :D

Haegar, rockman0 and Prester John like this.
  8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Dennis! Thanks to you and your friends for the great act of generosity for those less fortunate! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks David! They are all pretty much like the photos! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend! I’m happy to share some photos! :) :thumbsup:

donn likes this.
  9. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I hope y’all don’t get tired of seeing my PD big’un. It’s the only Lambsfoot on the trip! Y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Rob, great to see that pile side, such a cool knife :)

I haven't carried an M16 since about 1980. The best thing about them, for me, was the incredible weight-saving compared to 7.62mm ammunition. Otherwise, it really wasn't my thing. Maybe it'd be different today :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Gary :) That's great you've still been able to get all those miles in. These past few weeks, I haven't covered a fraction of the miles I was doing before the lockdown I'm afraid :( Here's another pic of those ACs, I'm not sure all the names are still current :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'm pretty fed up of it John :) The Royal Mail are bad enough, but they're sub-contracting to courier firms, which a lot of companies use anyway. Couriers like UPS and DHL are just franchises over here, often run part-time out of a corner-shop by some guy who couldn't give two hoots whether he delivers your parcel or not, particularly if it comes from abroad. I usually use a mail box facility, but it's been closed since March, and if I'm not in when/if a courier comes at home, my parcel could get dumped in the street, left in a hedge, taken back to some 'depot' miles from anywhere, or even returned to the sender, as has happened with parcels @Campbellclanman and @herder have sent me over the past couple of months :mad:

Cracker Jack is looking good :) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, Modoc ED, WHT and 5 others like this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Not at all Ron, keep 'em coming buddy :) :thumbsup:

12. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    No "Good Morning" today - it's "Wound Care" day.

I'll tote this one with me. Black Ebony for a Black Day.

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, Haegar, Ramrodmb and 9 others like this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Sorry to hear that Ed, hope you go on OK mate :( :thumbsup: Your Lambsfoot looks good :thumbsup:

cigarrodog, Prester John and Modoc ED like this.
  14. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you, Gary.
    That's a lovely photo; I wish I could go somewhere with water right now. I'll have to settle for playing in the hose sprinkler, like when we were kids. :D
    Sorry to hear of your mail delivery headaches, Jack. I lease a post office box at an official USPS office They are considered essential and have to stay open. I got it some years back because of the "porch pirates" who have been known to follow delivery trucks through neighborhoods, stealing packages. :mad:

JohnDF and Jack Black like this.
  15. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    "Maths" and "fun" are not two words I would normally put in the same sentence. :(

Aye thanks Jack. I was sort of aware of recent changes to the law but not that proportion of ivory. I have two elephants feet foot stools (big game trophies my grandad acquired when he was stationed in Africa) that I was going to sell, but the CITES regulations made it so damned complicated and expensive I didn't pursue it. I'm wondering if it's legal for me to gift them to somewhere like the Leeds Armoury.
    Would you have any links for that case involving the antiques dealers?
    Nice pic Jack, always like seeing the Yorkshire Rose. :thumbsup:

Well as it's Australia, that could be anything couldn't it. :D
    There's a film with a line that goes something like... "in six days God created Heaven and Earth, and when he came to rest on the the seventh, everything He hadn't finished He just put in Australia". :D

I got bit by a Huntsman once. A small one, not one of the dinner plate ones. Though you must be mad as box of frogs to play with one no matter it's size. :eek:

Now that's the sort of raffle I need to enter. In the UK the prize would be a box of chocolates. Or a food mixer. In the US, it's an AR15.
    God Bless America. :D

Aye. In the UK a spider bite can't kill a horse.
    In the US you have really fun raffle prizes. :D:thumbsup:
    Lovely pic Les.

So Griddle Cakes.
    Made to an ancient Anglo-Saxon recipe. These are really nice, but given how much butter went into them you can see how they powered the medieval peasantry.
    [​IMG]

I'd munched two already then thought "ya know what, these would taste great washed down with a stout".
    And ya know what. They were. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

The closest modern equivalent would be the Welsh Cake. There's also something called a Scotch Cake and I believe Eastern European cooking has something similar. There sort of a cross between a pancake and a scone.

peanutsxx, mitch4ging, WHT and 10 others like this.
  16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Rachel, I got my box back when I used to travel a lot. It's in a business centre, but they furloughed mid March! I'm even considering taking legal action :mad: Yeah, I can see that happening here, with 'porch pirates', the couriers are just dumping parcels on the door-step (or worse), even when folks are in! :eek: I've gone out a couple of times, and found packages sitting outside my front door :mad:

I think it'd be legal, if they wanted them David. Here's a link :thumbsup:

Good for you David! :D Those look very tasty, as does that stout :) Nice to see your fine golden oxhorn Lambsfoot again too ;) :thumbsup:

meako, Dschal and JohnDF like this.
  17. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks pal! :) Sorry to hear of your mail woes! :( Maybe it’ll surely improve in the future! :thumbsup:

I hope your visit went well Ed! :) Beautiful Ebony my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Jack Black and JohnDF like this.
  18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    At times, Windows is a gift from the Devil.:eek: The Hartshead is from the Angels.:)

Sriracha rules.

Sweet image, David. beautiful haft.

Beautifully lit image of your Lamb.

Aptly named GT.:thumbsup:

Never.

Good Afternoon Guardians
    [​IMG]

19. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Harvey! :) That old Lambsfoot is at least “Fair T’ Middlin” my friend! ;) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  20. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Harvey. :)

Great key chain... Fabulous picture. :cool::thumbsup: