Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I just heard of Ron's passing, sad news. Even though I felt my repetitive posting of my few Lambsfoot knives in this thread was boring he encouraged me to continue posting. Miss you Ron.
RIP

Ail0G0P.jpg

Well said Jack.

I guess most of the regulars here will have noticed that our fellow Guardian @Half/Stop , a real stalwart of this thread, hasn't posted in a couple of weeks. As you may have seen in the EDC thread, as reported there by our friend Harry @Old Engineer , Ron has very sadly passed away :( I knew Ron throughout his time on The Porch, and while we never met, or even spoke on the phone, we exchanged many PMs and emails, and I regarded him as a very good friend. My deepest and sincere condolences to his wife Pam, their family, and all Ron's friends here, he will be very greatly missed :(

Ron first posted in this thread on July 27th 2016. He remained a regular, throughout thick and thin here, posting about his adventures, his thoughts on life, and his love for his wife and best friend Pam. He also shared his wonderful Lambsfoot collection of course, and while it contained some real beauties, I think it is this 'Big 'Un' (a phrase Ron may have even coined) in Pere David stag that I associate with him most in my mind. It was a 'second' from the Wright factory, with a filled-in crack at the butt, but Ron carried it a lot, and it had a great patina :)

50667224003_8cdcaabdc3_o.jpg

The last knife I sent to Ron was the last Lambsfoot he posted here earlier in the month, his 'Big Eb'. Carrying my own today seems appropriate.

50233910926_77eb4e67d5_o_d.jpg

R.I.P. Ron, proud to have had you as a friend :thumbsup:

(Ron's sig line)

tWytrWl.jpg

Ron with two of his fellow Guardians, and great friends ( paulhilborn paulhilborn and @Campbellclanman at the 2017 GEC Rendezvous)

K20ZgyH.jpg

I have not posted in a long time but thought I would share a photo of a lambsfoot that I picked up the other week. Curly birch is my favourite wood, so when I saw a Wright's lamb in birch I had to have one. I hope all the Guardians are doing as well as possible at the end of this strange and trying year.View attachment 1476254
That is some nice wood.:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Nice photo Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Oh my. NO. Terrible, terrible news.
RIP Ron with sincere condolences to his family and especially his lovely wife Pam. Ron seemed absolutely enamored with Pam and never missed an opportunity to make that known. So sorry. The porch will not be the same.
1qQmOFo.jpg

Almost exactly my own thoughts when I read the news from Harry early this morning Mark :( I have tried to explain about the situation to a few non-BF friends today, and each time, one of the things I've told them is that Ron had an unusually close friendship with his wife Pam, who I really feel for :( :thumbsup:

Very sad news about Ron. Although I have not been a "Guardian" very long I had many exchanges with Ron and will miss him much. Jack, I know it's not fun being the bearer of sad news; I thank you for informing me.
View attachment 1476231

It is actually Harry @Old Engineer who has borne the burden of letting us know about Ron's passing Bill :( I learned the news in an email I saw about 5.30am here, and...I really thought Ron would be OK :( Beyond sad :( :thumbsup:

Jack, thank you for posting this here. I sometimes go long stretches without checking that EDC thread, and I might not have seen Harry's post for a while.

There's not much I could add that you haven't already said about our friend Ron. Like you, I never got the chance to meet him in person, but I always enjoyed chatting with him here. (@herder and I were going to meet up with Harry, Ron and a few others at the Janesville, WI knife show in the spring, but the show ended up getting cancelled.) As I said in the the other thread, I think Ron was one of the friendliest guys here on the Porch, and that's quite an accomplishment. The place won't be quite the same without him. :(

I think that is indeed the case Barrett, Ron contributed a great deal to this place, and I will miss our daily interactions immensely :( :thumbsup:

Such sad, very sad news !
Ron, always kind and gentle and friendly !
He wished me a good time with my family on his last comments to me when I had to take a couple days off to decompress from all the stress at work.

RIP Ron

RGcsAoh.jpg

Ron always thought of others didn't he Dan? Just a lovely, lovely bloke :( :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack Black Jack Black for letting us know. My sincere condolences to his wife Pam and their daughter. I never met him but he certainly had a big heart and cared for people, it was so clear. His love for family was very evident. R.I.P. good sir.

As I say my friend, it is actually Harry, who has borne the burden of letting us all know :thumbsup:

I have not posted in a long time but thought I would share a photo of a lambsfoot that I picked up the other week. Curly birch is my favourite wood, so when I saw a Wright's lamb in birch I had to have one. I hope all the Guardians are doing as well as possible at the end of this strange and trying year.View attachment 1476254

I am sure Ron would have loved seeing that :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack !!!!

Harry

Thank you for letting us know Harry, I know Ron and Pam were close friends of you and your wife, and you have my deepest sympathy my friend :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack for sharing this news, sad though it is.

Thanks Jack for the sad news about Ron.... I never had the privilege of meeting him, but I enjoyed his presence on The Porch....

Thanks fellers, I'm just passing on what Harry told me this morning. Very sad indeed, and I'm grateful to him for passing it on :thumbsup:

I just heard of Ron's passing, sad news. Even though I felt my repetitive posting of my few Lambsfoot knives in this thread was boring he encouraged me to continue posting. Miss you Ron.
RIP

Ail0G0P.jpg

Well said Jack.

I hope you'll continue to post photos of your few SPECTACULAR Lambsfoot knives Rob :) Ron will certainly be missed :thumbsup:

m4GwW1K.jpg

We'll miss you, Ron. RIP.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Vale Ron. R.I.P.
9QeMisp.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
At the Rendezvous, I saved him one very short run Smooth White bone WLF while he ran to find Pam for the money!!:rolleyes: He got the last (and prettiest!) one!!:D
He was always there, warm and generous!! We will all miss him!!

He was clearly very proud of that knife Charlie, and it was always a pleasure to see it posted here :) Ron always seemed to have great luck with stag too! :D :thumbsup:

I guess most of the regulars here will have noticed that our fellow Guardian @Half/Stop , a real stalwart of this thread, hasn't posted in a couple of weeks. As you may have seen in the EDC thread, as reported there by our friend Harry @Old Engineer , Ron has very sadly passed away :( I knew Ron throughout his time on The Porch, and while we never met, or even spoke on the phone, we exchanged many PMs and emails, and I regarded him as a very good friend. My deepest and sincere condolences to his wife Pam, their family, and all Ron's friends here, he will be very greatly missed :(

Ron first posted in this thread on July 27th 2016. He remained a regular, throughout thick and thin here, posting about his adventures, his thoughts on life, and his love for his wife and best friend Pam. He also shared his wonderful Lambsfoot collection of course, and while it contained some real beauties, I think it is this 'Big 'Un' (a phrase Ron may have even coined) in Pere David stag that I associate with him most in my mind. It was a 'second' from the Wright factory, with a filled-in crack at the butt, but Ron carried it a lot, and it had a great patina :)

The last knife I sent to Ron was the last Lambsfoot he posted here earlier in the month, his 'Big Eb'. Carrying my own today seems appropriate.

(Ron's sig line)

tWytrWl.jpg

Ron with two of his fellow Guardians, and great friends ( paulhilborn paulhilborn and @Campbellclanman at the 2017 GEC Rendezvous)

K20ZgyH.jpg
Fitting tribute Jack, Ron was a large presence on this forum, one that will be dearly missed.

Jack Black Jack Black Just heard on our news you are going into another strict lockdown, was light on rules, but mate does not look like being much of a Christmas over there. Was not much info on if it is only London, or all of England.:mad:

(Ron's sig line)

tWytrWl.jpg

K20ZgyH.jpg

Very nicely put, Jack. I'm just now discovering this terrible news and I'm devastated. This is such a rotten year and it's not letting up one bit.

That knife is looking better and better Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend.

I know Ron appreciated his AC and he had a gorgeous one. Though I'm just finding out about his passing, I've had my own AC with me today.

Here's to Ron.

hPIstq6.jpg

Of all days, why on earth would you put me in this position Jeff? I'm so glad you were able to meet up with Ron, and that is a typically kind gesture by him, but Ron always respected the rules of this thread, and you have posted that photo elsewhere already. I share your loss, but don't see why you couldn't take another photo, and make a post that was specific to this thread
:(
I removed it. My apologies.
I meant no ill will or disrespect, Jack

Jack Black Jack Black Just heard on our news you are going into another strict lockdown, was light on rules, but mate does not look like being much of a Christmas over there. Was not much info on if it is only London, or all of England.:mad:
Our bars and restaurants in Michigan are shut down till 1/15. Makes sense to me.
4NEnXfD.jpg

Last edited:
Back