Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I had to get a new mouse last month, and I'm still adjusting to the change. :mad::rolleyes:

It feels like a good day to carry stag.
EvecI1c.jpg

LTzVkqr.jpg
r8shell r8shell nice photos of your HHB.:thumbsup: A very fine knife.

I changed jobs 3 weeks ago, I now have to wear slacks to work so I started carrying a 3" whittler. Yesterday as I thought about Ron I changed it up and carried this one instead of the little whittler.
0Z2lQrz.jpg
Such a great photo of your Thomas Turner LF Rob.:thumbsup: So much character.:)

Good morning Guardians. Another rainy and cold day here in Coastal NorthCarolina but at least we aren't getting the snow that they are getting up north:eek:. Saw some recent photos on FB and they made me glad that I moved south.:thumbsup: Don't care if I ever see that white stuff again.:D Still recovering from eye lid surgery but I may try my hand at golf next Tuesday - just have to wait and see how things progress.:) Decided to carry this one; my ebony Lambsfoot.
IMG_2771.JPG

At the Rendezvous, I saved him one very short run Smooth White bone WLF while he ran to find Pam for the money!!:rolleyes: He got the last (and prettiest!) one!!:D
He was always there, warm and generous!! We will all miss him!!
For those who do not know what White Bone WLF is being talked about :

And RON was VERY PROUD of getting one . In fact , he was the one to tell me to go to see Charlie about getting one . He will be missed !!!!!

Harry

Thanks Bill, I hope you are healed enough to get back on the links soon:thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians. Another rainy and cold day here in Coastal NorthCarolina but at least we aren't getting the snow that they are getting up north:eek:. Saw some recent photos on FB and they made me glad that I moved south.:thumbsup: Don't care if I ever see that white stuff again.:D Still recovering from eye lid surgery but I may try my hand at golf next Tuesday - just have to wait and see how things progress.:) Decided to carry this one; my ebony Lambsfoot.
View attachment 1476793

Just learned about Ron’s passing, very sad to here this indeed. Met Ron must be five or six years ago at a GEC Rendezvous, both Ron and Pam always with large smiles and so friendly to all. I do believe Ron was one of the nicest men I have known. My prayers go out to Pam and the rest of his family in this troubled time. RIP my friend! Upward and onward.
Russell

I hadn't noticed that Jer, but I did notice a typo in my own post, that 'WE' should have just read 'We' :rolleyes: I'm still not happy with my new keyboard, I'm getting a lot more typos than previously o_O That's a nice photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Don’t worry, Jack. Before long they’ll make a brain implant that’ll just type whatever you think, and keyboards will be obsolete. o_O :D

Very touching tribute to Ron, Jack.

Such awful (and, to me, sudden) news. My sincere sympathies are with Ron's wife Pam, with his daughter, and with his friends as they cope with this tragic loss. And my prayers are that their grief can be tempered with memories of happy times spent with Ron.

Although Ron and I joined BF at almost the same time (I think I joined 5 days before he did), for a long time I had the mistaken impression that he was a seasoned veteran of The Porch long before I showed up. I think my misperception was caused by the fact that in the 40-45 years prior to joining BF, Ron had been accumulating quality knives and immense knife knowledge while I had been living without a knife in my pocket. Compared to my ignorance of all things pocket knifely, Ron's knowledge (and collection) seemed almost infinite! But Ron was very kind and generous with his knowledge, time, and encouragement. I'll certainly miss his positive attitude, his friendly demeanor, and his consistent participation here in the Guardians Thread as well as throughout the entire Traditional subforum.

- GT

It's very interesting to read your perception Gary, it did seem like Ron had been here forever :) He was certainly a poster throughout this entire thread :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. I consider this Turner my finest Lambsfoot, love the blade stamps. The new job is going well, I'm enjoying it and happy to be employed in these trying times.
I'm off to work again soon, I think I'll carry the Radiant at the bottom of this picture, it's similar in size to the AC at 3 3/8".

XZwo9Li.jpg

That's good to hear Rob, I guess we have to be thankful for small mercies this year (there have been precious few of them after all). What an absolutely glorious threesome there, each one is a treasure :) :thumbsup:

Fine flock there Vince :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1476793

Hope you're healing ok Bill :thumbsup:

For those who do not know what White Bone WLF is being talked about :

And RON was VERY PROUD of getting one . In fact , he was the one to tell me to go to see Charlie about getting one . He will be missed !!!!!

Harry

I can almost picture it Harry! :) :thumbsup:

Just learned about Ron’s passing, very sad to here this indeed. Met Ron must be five or six years ago at a GEC Rendezvous, both Ron and Pam always with large smiles and so friendly to all. I do believe Ron was one of the nicest men I have known. My prayers go out to Pam and the rest of his family in this troubled time. RIP my friend! Upward and onward.
Russell

Happy memories Russell :) :thumbsup:

QUOTE=Old Engineer - post; "For those who do not know what White Bone WLF is being talked about :

And RON was VERY PROUD of getting one . In fact , he was the one to tell me to go to see Charlie about getting one . He will be missed !!!!!"

Harry - QUOTE
You were lucky I had one stashed away, Harry!:)
Ron's knife has a great textured appearance - a lucky freak of Nature! Like the great Stag he also collected!! (I sold them all sight unseen, to keep things fair!!):rolleyes:
R.I.P. Ron!!:(

Back