Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

pEEqauO.jpg

There's a prettier shot in the workout today thread.

Thanks Jack. Interesting information regarding Theoben. They produced some of the finest airguns ever made and it's a shame they went out of business. Some of their former employees had gone off on their own to continue making those fine guns under a different name but they faded away too. I believe that a company bought the rights to the Theoben patents/designs and are making pre-charged pneumatic guns. My understanding is that they are of very high quality and expensive.
That's a shame Bill, but hardly surprising to me I'm afraid. Over the past few decades there have been changes to the law here, and a strong ant-gun/knife culture has taken hold. There are hardly any fishing tackle shops left here, let alone gun shops, and if you bought your child an air-gun, as was once very common, you'd probably get a visit from both the police and social services :(
Very beautiful knife Jack. Love that file work.
Thanks a lot my friend :) :thumbsup:
pEEqauO.jpg

Chop! Chop! :D :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

EkkCOWr.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
I have a very light day of work today, so it's like starting my weekend early.
Going to meet with a contractor this afternoon and then go watch my "niece" (Best Friend's Daughter) play some basketball.
I hope all you Guardians have something fun planned for the weekend.

Hope you wore your brown pants so the muddy dog prints won't be as noticeable 🤣
Beautiful Lambsfoot, Jack. Hope you have a fun day.
LOL! :D I think my mate's dog has some kind of dog mental illness, he's just plain weird. He'll run off two hundred yards, sit down, and then refuse to move, or just just refuse to move - period. He displays very strange behaviour, and is not even remotely obedient :rolleyes: I got talking to a chap, who was walking his three well-trained dogs, which included an Old English Sheepdog and an Irish Wolfound/Great Dane cross, really nice dogs. My mate's eldest was off school for the day, so it was nice to see him, as well as my pal :) Thanks John :thumbsup:
I miss Ron :confused:
Me too, still :( :thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
Going to meet with a contractor this afternoon and then go watch my "niece" (Best Friend's Daughter) play some basketball.
Great stuff, hope you have a good day :) That's a well-loved Lambsfoot my friend :) :thumbsup:

Hopefully y’all get better soon. I got the booster shot earlier this week and it whooped my butt for a couple days
Thank you kindly. I hear you on the booster. Thankful I did it, though.
pEEqauO.jpg

Brilliant image of your Lamb.
Good Morning Guardians
Awesome rough hewn image of your Lamb, John.

I am this Ironwood and Damascus Lambsfoot SFO in my pocket, which always makes me think of Ron [IMG alt="Half/Stop"]https://www.bladeforums.com/data/avatars/s/385/385987.jpg?1492197663[/IMG] Half/Stop , who had one of the other 5 produced, and carried his more regularly than I do mine :)
Ron was a First Class Soul. We all miss him.

Great pic, and an interesting souvenir :thumbsup:
Jack, my mother-in-law was at Normandy a couple days after the 70th anniversary of D-Day. On the train up from Paris, she befriended a “diplomat”. It’s forbidden to remove sand from the beach however, the “diplomat” was able to take a jar of sand. My mother-in-law became friends with this other lady and a few months after the trip, half a jar of sand arrived by parcel.

Jack, my mother-in-law was at Normandy a couple days after the 70th anniversary of D-Day. On the train up from Paris, she befriended a “diplomat”. It’s forbidden to remove sand from the beach however, the “diplomat” was able to take a jar of sand. My mother-in-law became friends with this other lady and a few months after the trip, half a jar of sand arrived by parcel.
That's a very interesting story, thank you for sharing it here :) :thumbsup:

Edit - Just adding an old pic :thumbsup:

Needham Lambsfoot Jack 8-3.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.
I like this one a little better:
06mf9gS.jpg
Good one Jer :) :thumbsup:
I've been liking or unliking things on page one again.
It's never too late! :D :thumbsup:

Are we all into the weekend now? The Gaffer has a union conference - on Zoom - this weekend. Riveting eh?! :rolleyes: I think I'm going to head up the road to Harrogate, and check out a couple of antique shops I haven't been in recently ;) Maybe get a pint while I'm there :) Anything planned Guardians, I hope you have a good one?! cigarrodog cigarrodog , you and the missus just plan on getting well again my friend :) :thumbsup:

gVfHALG.jpg

Thank you, Jack. I believe we’re on the mend. Have a great weekend. Don’t forget the Staggy Hartshead.

Good Afternoon Guardians

Joseph Rodgers

That's great news Harvey, I'll try not to ;) That's an unusual frame for your Rodgers Lamb, very nice my friend :) This battered example has a different frame, but similar jigging. I keep it in my maintenance box, as what's left of the Pen is useful for picking out bits of swarf, rust, etc :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

gUQfiQh.jpg

That's an unusual frame for your Rodgers Lamb, very nice my friend :) This battered example has a different frame, but similar jigging. I keep it in my maintenance box, as what's left of the Pen is useful for picking out bits of swarf, rust, etc :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. What first attracted me to the knife, besides the 6 Norfolk Street, etc., was its’ Coke Bottle Pattern.

Love the look of yours. Great looking weapon, to boot.

Back