Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians, I'm having to rush a bit this morning, as I have an early appointment at the barbers, and need to get a few things done before then, so I might have to catch up later. I hope everyone has a great Friday, and that you're looking forward to the weekend. I'm carrying one of the three Lambsfoot knives @Reaper AL gifted me today, which were re-built and re-covered by @jsdistin :) This one has African Blackwood covers :) Picked up the framed map from Golden Gordon yesterday ;) :thumbsup:

lsJLhRf.jpg

Very cool old map and nice Lamb !

Back in 1991, I returned to England after teaching English in France. I had previously worked as a wine lecturer, but changes in government funding, had caused the two training agencies, I had previously worked for, to close. While I was mulling over what to do, I bought a copy of a survival and outdoor magazine, which I had read in the past, and wasn't too impressed with the standard of their articles. Having recently read the Urban Survival Handbook, which had just been published, I decided to submit a short review of the book to the magazine. I was surprised when I received, by return post, a letter asking me for a photograph to go with the review, and a request to write more articles. Within six months, I was writing as much as 2/3 of the content of the magazine, and went on to write for, and sub-edit, bigger and more prestigious titles. So, while I had been writing since the 70's, my review of that book was the first piece I received a cheque from a magazine for, and quite an important milestone for me :) :thumbsup:

Great story and accomplishment !

Just on my way to to a medical appointment, and called in for a coffee in yet another gentrified area. Dippy hippy behind the counter didn't have the energy to say 'Hello', and then after I ordered a coffee, told me that they didn't have any indoor seating! Sure enough, they had given over the back room, where the seating used to be to a small amount of patchouli-smelling hippy tat, which was for sale at silly prices. I guess time machines are expensive! Nothing Sixties about the rip-off prices though, and I got my $4 coffee in a sealed paper cup. A sign advertised their 'Secret sun-trap garden' at the rear'. No more honest than calling brown water coffee! Never trust a hippy! 🤨

IMG_20230609_140604_MP.jpgIMG_20230609_140500_MP~2.jpg

It looks a heck of a lot better than the one I received directly from Mr May. My was a complete disaster. He did refund my money but only after months of correspondence. Your blade brings looks very nice too. Much luck with it.
Thanks Bill! I’m surprised about your experience but at least you got a refund. I was able to choose one of several knives the dealer had. I’ll definitely think twice now before ordering directly from MM.

Bravo Barrett for creativity. It's always good to let the flock out and play together. The caramel colored horn is a beauty.

And that is the best picture of the year Barrett. Just 🤩

LOL! :D Well done Barrett, you have a great imagination :) Some beautiful Lambs there :col: :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. :thumbsup: The downside of getting all those Lambs out (most of which share one drawer in the the old parts cabinet where I store most of my knives) is that I realized my Ashley’s Choice wasn’t with them. 🙁 I’ve looked a bit in the usual places and it hasn’t turned up yet, so I’ll have to conduct a more thorough search this weekend.

As much as we all admire and love the beauty of knives, they are foremost a tool, a working implement, and edge sharpness and retention is most important. You wouldn't take a Maserati up and old logging track, you would take an old Landy. Thought for the day. o_O😂😂😂🤠

Would that be a Rover or a Cruiser? I was watching a short video with Richard Hammond the other day, in which he put on an Australian accent and said, “If you want to get into the Outback, take a Land Rover. If you want to get back again, take a Land Cruiser.”

Back in 1991, I returned to England after teaching English in France. I had previously worked as a wine lecturer, but changes in government funding, had caused the two training agencies, I had previously worked for, to close. While I was mulling over what to do, I bought a copy of a survival and outdoor magazine, which I had read in the past, and wasn't too impressed with the standard of their articles. Having recently read the Urban Survival Handbook, which had just been published, I decided to submit a short review of the book to the magazine. I was surprised when I received, by return post, a letter asking me for a photograph to go with the review, and a request to write more articles. Within six months, I was writing as much as 2/3 of the content of the magazine, and went on to write for, and sub-edit, bigger and more prestigious titles. So, while I had been writing since the 70's, my review of that book was the first piece I received a cheque from a magazine for, and quite an important milestone for me :) :thumbsup:

Well done, Jack. :thumbsup:

Thanks Leon, I never got rich, but it kept the kids in shoes, and me in pocket-knives! :D :thumbsup:

What more can you ask for? 😉

Good morning Guardians. Warm and sunny this morning. Still trying to get over the muscle soreness I was blessed with from washing and detailing the Mrs's car. Getting to be more and more work these days. Trusty HHB with me today.
View attachment 2212526

Speaking of warm, look at that stag! 😎

Good morning Guardians. Breakfast time! FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpegKinda cool this morning, so the turtles are hunkered down, but I did manage to spot the baby. Not a great photo, but I had to perform a semi-acrobatic stretch to get it. I nearly ended up face first in the enclosure! I’m way too old and inflexible for this type of thing! 🤣
IMG_9990-compressed.jpeg

Just on my way to to a medical appointment, and called in for a coffee in yet another gentrified area. Dippy hippy behind the counter didn't have the energy to say 'Hello', and then after I ordered a coffee, told me that they didn't have any indoor seating! Sure enough, they had given over the back room, where the seating used to be to a small amount of patchouli-smelling hippy tat, which was for sale at silly prices. I guess time machines are expensive! Nothing Sixties about the rip-off prices though, and I got my $4 coffee in a sealed paper cup. A sign advertised their 'Secret sun-trap garden' at the rear'. No more honest than calling brown water coffee! Never trust a hippy! 🤨

View attachment 2212616View attachment 2212617
Actually I meant Yech, rather than wow.

Thanks, guys. :thumbsup: The downside of getting all those Lambs out (most of which share one drawer in the the old parts cabinet where I store most of my knives) is that I realized my Ashley’s Choice wasn’t with them. 🙁 I’ve looked a bit in the usual places and it hasn’t turned up yet, so I’ll have to conduct a more thorough search this weekend.
Hope you find your AC soon mate! :eek: :thumbsup:
Would that be a Rover or a Cruiser? I was watching a short video with Richard Hammond the other day, in which he put on an Australian accent and said, “If you want to get into the Outback, take a Land Rover. If you want to get back again, take a Land Cruiser.”
Yeah, but he's soft! 🤣 :thumbsup:
Well done, Jack. :thumbsup:
Thanks Barrett :) I certainly wasn't looking for a pat on the back from anyone, just noticed the coincidence :) :thumbsup:
What more can you ask for? 😉
LOL! :D Yeah, I never saw much of my dad growing up, as he was always at work, so I wanted a job where I could spend plenty of time with my own kids :) I was lucky to just fall into one :D Do my kids appreciate it?! :rolleyes:;) :thumbsup:

Superb pic :cool: :thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians. Breakfast time! View attachment 2212683Kinda cool this morning, so the turtles are hunkered down, but I did manage to spot the baby. Not a great photo, but I had to perform a semi-acrobatic stretch to get it. I nearly ended up face first in the enclosure! I’m way too old and inflexible for this type of thing! 🤣
View attachment 2212690
A very valiant effort Todd, well done :) :thumbsup:
We can finally breath again in New Jersey!
Barrett, I hope you find your run away lamb.View attachment 2212730
That's good news :) Those K'roo Lambs are very impressive :cool: :thumbsup:
Actually I meant Yech, rather than wow.
LOL! 🤣 Coffee was undrinkable! 🤨

Just having a walnut brownie I picked up at lunchtime 😋:thumbsup:

jdsbzaJ.jpg

Hope you find your AC soon mate! :eek: :thumbsup:

Yeah, but he's soft! 🤣 :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett :) I certainly wasn't looking for a pat on the back from anyone, just noticed the coincidence :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Yeah, I never saw much of my dad growing up, as he was always at work, so I wanted a job where I could spend plenty of time with my own kids :) I was lucky to just fall into one :D Do my kids appreciate it?! :rolleyes:;) :thumbsup:

Superb pic :cool: :thumbsup:

A very valiant effort Todd, well done :) :thumbsup:

That's good news :) Those K'roo Lambs are very impressive :cool: :thumbsup:

LOL! 🤣 Coffee was undrinkable! 🤨

jdsbzaJ.jpg
One can never deny a sweet tooth .
A fine looking lamb you have there Jack.

Thanks a lot Steve, I hope you enjoyed your birthday yesterday :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, I'm heading over to my brothers this afternoon to celebrate.
We can finally breath again in New Jersey!
Barrett, I hope you find your run away lamb.View attachment 2212730

Lovely Lamb Bob !

jdsbzaJ.jpg

Nice !

Thanks for the effort Barrett, I hope your AC turns up !

Back