Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

When I was stationed in Germany, a friend had a Triumph Bonneville that I really liked, loved riding it. He was going to sell it, but at the time, I couldn't afford it. I regret not buying it from him.

Man, that's a beauty , OG!:cool::thumbsup:

Awsome photo, Vince!;)

What a great herd, José!:eek::thumbsup:

Great foto of a great lamb in the wild, Dwight!:cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful day indeed, nice, John!:)

Ready in Red! Nice!:cool::thumbsup:

Very nice!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I use to love repelling years ago. My hobbies are much more grounded these days!:(:D

Wow!! An Absolute beautiful photo!! I is jealous!:eek::thumbsup:

Perfect combo, John!:cool::thumbsup:

Great shots, Jack!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great to have options while you're out!:D:thumbsup:

Nice, Preston!:):thumbsup:
That Mini looks a little deranged!:D

Perfection for a balanced breakfast! :D:thumbsup:

:eek:
I can see why! Beautiful, Harvey!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had a Triumph Tiger a very long time ago Dennis, much the same as the Bonneville, but with one carb rather than two :thumbsup: By chance, I just heard a pal of mine on the BBC talking about his single-cylinder 650 Panther :) :thumbsup:

j3Gdexy.jpg

Thank you for the kind words my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks Vince, I hope, at least, the Guardian's knives have shown a genuine demand for quality exists, and that not everyone simply wants the cheapest knife possible :thumbsup:
It was a cheap, poorly made knife that got me started on this "hobby." I am impressed with A. Wright's handiwork, and am grateful for what you have done.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter, Jack!

It was a cheap, poorly made knife that got me started on this "hobby." I am impressed with A. Wright's handiwork, and am grateful for what you have done.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter, Jack!

I think they produce a good, honest knife in a very traditional way :) Thank you my friend, you too :) :thumbsup:

While I've known about this since the beginning of the year (and was even the legal witness to the deal - I just happened to be there when the papers needed signing), I now have permission to publicly share the news that A.Wright & Son of Sheffield have had a transfer of ownership. John Maleham has decided to go into semi-retirement, concentrating on his own small company J.M. Tools Ltd, and the good news is that the new owner of the firm is Michael Harrison, John’s old Work’s Manager (and Ashley’s dad). This has led to an extremely smooth transition, and should mean a bright future for the firm, and for Ashley and Michael. The first knives to be made after the change of ownership were our 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot knives :) I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing Michael good luck at the helm of Arthur Wright's, and to Ashley and the other cutlers on a great future :thumbsup:

KrDtFZM.jpg

Nice to see the new gaffer still isn't afraid to get his hands mucky! ;) :D :thumbsup:

jRyj8tN.jpg

Also the best of luck to Keith, who worked for Joseph Rodgers & Sons, before coming to Wright's, upon his retirement :thumbsup:

Good luck to them and the company.
In fact Jack, the Guardians 19 is my Lambsfoot with better quality, so I hope this change is synonymous with better quality!!!;):thumbsup:

One of my favourite movie scenes. He's also got a great one with a 1968 Mustang in Bullitt. Steve McQueen. :cool:

That's a coincidence you mentioning Bullitt Vince. I was doing a bit of Spring-cleaning this afternoon, and finally, but still with some reluctance, got rid of a couple of boxes of VHS tapes! :rolleyes: Along with The Great Escape , was Bullitt , and The Getaway :thumbsup:

Been really busy and stressed lately...
Sorry to hear of the stress. It might not seem like it right now, but you'll adjust. Hang in there and keep on keepin' on. :thumbsup:

When I was stationed in Germany, a friend had a Triumph Bonneville that I really liked, loved riding it. He was going to sell it, but at the time, I couldn't afford it. I regret not buying it from him.
Man, that's a beauty , OG!:cool::thumbsup:
Perfection for a balanced breakfast! :D:thumbsup:
@mitch4ging Thank you kindly, Dennis. I rode only once, a Triumph Bonneville. I share your regret not owning a Triumph.
I had a Triumph Tiger a very long time ago Dennis, much the same as the Bonneville, but with one carb rather than two :thumbsup:...
When I used to race many moons ago, I had a TR6 in a Rickman Metisse frame (no oil tank, the oil was carried in the frame :cool:). I stole this pic off the 'net, but mine looked just like this one (without the side panels and front fender {mudguard}) and I used Dunlop K70s, not knobbys because we raced on a smooth dirt track.
70Rck-TR6met-LM.jpg

Here's some excitement for ya! :) :thumbsup:
I'm sure you know that he did all his own riding in that movie - even crashing into the fence!
I always got a kick out of that scene because obviously there weren't too many Triumphs around in war time Germany, lot of BMW's though :D
He was quite an accomplished rider, even rode on the USA team in the prestigious International 6 Day Trials :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
2Bolster_File__640_HDR.jpg
OG

Last edited:
That's a coincidence you mentioning Bullitt Vince. I was doing a bit of Spring-cleaning this afternoon, and finally, but still with some reluctance, got rid of a couple of boxes of VHS tapes! :rolleyes: Along with The Great Escape , was Bullitt , and The Getaway :thumbsup:
How about Papillon? I once saw that and The Great Escape as a double feature for $1.00! Loved The Getaway too (Texas setting!).

When I used to race many moons ago, I had a TR6 in a Rickman Metisse frame (no oil tank, the oil was carried in the frame :cool:). I stole this pic off the 'net, but mine looked just like this one (without the side panels and front fender {mudguard}) and I used Dunlop K70s, not knobbys because we raced on a smooth dirt track.
View attachment 1112998

I'm sure you know that he did all his own riding in that movie - even crashing into the fence!
I always got a kick out of that scene because obviously there weren't too many Triumphs around in war time Germany, lot of BMW's though :D
He was quite an accomplished rider, even rode on the USA team in the prestigious International 6 Day Trials :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1113006
OG

Very cool OG :cool:

Yes, a great character and a great actor :) :thumbsup:

xpDfuvl.jpg

How about Papillon? I once saw that and The Great Escape as a double feature for $1.00! Loved The Getaway too (Texas setting!).

Papillon was in the box too, a load of other treasures (that I should really have thrown out a decade ago). Also Tom Horn. You are making me want to go out to the bin and rescue them again Vince! :D :thumbsup:

Big fan of Jim Thompson's books too :thumbsup:

Last edited:
szt2RWB.jpg

I am just having a beer while I pack my bag for tomorrow (got some Hot Cross Buns in there!). I'm planning to go to Heptonstall, the village atop a precipitous hill, hopefully see at least one performance of the Pace-Egg Play I mentioned yesterday, but I also want to get a hike in. It is beautiful country out there, and we have good weather right now, better than last year when it snowed! :eek:

Pic from the last time I was out that way, last summer :)

LfwLhB2.jpg

70rck-tr6met-lm-jpg.1112998
What fun we had when we were young OG :thumbsup::cool:

Back