Horace Kephart Tribute..."Beckerized"...

Signature series:

BeckhartwithSig.png

Needs a thumb ramp and finger choil, possibly some zombie green scales. Yes/No?

Oh hell no :)

It's a Kephart clone or it's it, any interpretations or changes make it not the thing.

I'm not sure KaBar could make it at the price point of a BK16 due to special extras the knife would have to have. Maybe double? Then selling would be the issue. People already complain a BK16 at show prices is too expensive and want a break ;) seriously!

Oh hell no :)

It's a Kephart clone or it's it, any interpretations or changes make it not the thing.

I'm not sure KaBar could make it at the price point of a BK16 due to special extras the knife would have to have. Maybe double? Then selling would be the issue. People already complain a BK16 at show prices is too expensive and want a break ;) seriously!
The expense would definitely go up. I don't think double.

The expense would definitely go up. I don't think double.

features that cost money:

o distal taper $$$
o semi convexed relieved spine, none of that flat ground nonsense :> $$$
o semi convexed blade, slight belly, very smooth, not your typical grind profile $$$
o save money with no coating or handle cutouts

and more! :D

be nice if they didn't use 1095cv for a change

features that cost money:

o distal taper $$$
o semi convexed relieved spine, none of that flat ground nonsense :> $$$
o semi convexed blade, slight belly, very smooth, not your typical grind profile $$$
o save money with no coating or handle cutouts

and more! :D

be nice if they didn't use 1095cv for a change
Definitely. I think at first they would go through some blanks, during the learning curve, but once they got it down, it would be good to go. I love 1095cv, but what do you have in mind? What steel is the original Kephart?

doing a little market research, i find two Kephart reproductions in different flavors, a Humphrey model, and a BRKT model, and both hover around $250 for s30v ... yikes. bit more money than Kephert spent for his.

doing a little market research, i find two Kephart reproductions in different flavors, a Humphrey model, and a BRKT model, and both hover around $250 for s30v ... yikes. bit more money than Kephert spent for his.
I hear that. I'll stick with 1095cv. I love the stuff, holds an edge well, and is easy to sharpen, and cost efficient.

Off topic Warrior. That sig is SICK:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks man. Looks complicated, but, I already had the eagle. The BK&T logo with stars and stripes, and American Pride BK9 I made some time ago. Just had to make it look like the eagle was carrying the niner add a blue shadow. Of course, my BH number, and "An American Badass" on the eagle. Maybe 20 minutes there.

I hate to add to the cost. But the Beckhart Warrior would most definitely need a leather sheath. Nylon need not apply!!!

I hate to add to the cost. But the Beckhart Warrior would most definitely need a leather sheath. Nylon need not apply!!!
If nylon meant cheaper, I can live with it. Definitely more about the knife to me. I just want the knife. Damn, I want that knife. Have I ever told you that I'd like to have that knife?

I would love to use an identical copy of the Horace Kephart blade. The steel itself, that is. I don't care if the handle is grivory, or whatever, I just want to use that blade.

Is it in production yet? What about now, what about now, what...

Check your PM Tanker.

Back