If you are a Knifemaker....then be a Knifemaker

Folks, please be under no illusion that I am attacking Karda.

I am defending my name.

The man lied about me, right here, in this forum, and refuses to apologize, or even acknowledge it.

That HASN'T really been addressed.

So, if my membership concerns are no ones concern and whether or not someone gets a free membership is no ones concern....
Then what exactly is the point of dredging up an 8 month old thread over simple warnings that were given and the problem addressed by the owner then.
Noone is bothering to mention any of the same infractions given by any other moderator except me.....
So the only conclusion that I can think of is that this is simply a witch-hunt

Not a witch hunt. None of the other mods seem to be as visible and inflexible as you.
We were attempting to offer solutions (or at least discuss solutions) to what is perceived by the users as a problem. You seem to be the only one denying there IS a problem. We are all wrong, and you are right. Forums like this are made up of their members. When members are belittled (or worse) it has a tendency to destroy a forum.
We ENJOY being here and discussing things as long as we feel welcome and valued. And I think that sums it up. Members don't seem to be valued here.

So, you lie, I call you on it, and I should apologize?

You sir, are a liar.
That is not calling you names.
No more than calling an Asian an Asian.
A Mexican a Mexican.
A white guy, a white guy.
Calling Bob, well, Bob.

Folks, I do most sincerely apologize to the rest of you for having to put up with this nonsense.

I mean it.

From the bottom of my heart.

This should have never made it this far.

As my way of apology, to you, the humble membership, and the forum itself, I will sponsor 2 of you with knifemaker memberships.
If you sincerely believe that being listed as a knifemaker here can help you out, please, let me buy you a years membership.

This place has helped countless makers, and I hope it continues to do so.

Shoot me an email, we'll make this happen.

Not a witch hunt. None of the other mods seem to be as visible and inflexible as you.
We were attempting to offer solutions (or at least discuss solutions) to what is perceived by the users as a problem. You seem to be the only one denying there IS a problem. We are all wrong, and you are right. Forums like this are made up of their members. When members are belittled (or worse) it has a tendency to destroy a forum.
We ENJOY being here and discussing things as long as we feel welcome and valued. And I think that sums it up. Members don't seem to be valued here.

I never denied there is a problem. I just don't personally think that it is entirely my fault or the fault of the moderators.
Are registered users who help themselves to things that the paid membership pays for to be valued? or are they a burden on the very site? Speaking of inflexible, many of you are unwilling to recognize this simple point.
Noone has made anyone feel unwelcome or unvalued. If that were so we would just ban any who refuse to pay up to advertise. If that were so this site would be a pay only site. Like it or not, with the costs of running this forum in all it's forms not being exactly cheap, making it totally pay only has been considered in the past.

Yep- that's flexible.
And if I were Brian, I would be demanding some form of resolution also. He honestly feels wronged and you threaten to close the thread. He offers to buy two people memberships to show his sincerity, and you call it an insult? Friendliest darned knife forum I ever saw!
I give up.

This is all over money.

Clearly, 100%, over money.

I'm offering to pay up, for some folks who can use it.

I can't.

Very simple.

I would prefer to do it anonymously, but that didn't work out.

I understand the staff's hesitancy with the notion of allotting complimentary knifemaker memberships to knifemakers based on the degree of their "content value." However, being a ABS Mastersmith isn't some ambiguous title. It's a very clear cut and painstaking account of an individual's "content value."

As a new maker(not a seller yet) I would gladly pay an extra few bucks on my membership dues to support giving ABS mastersmiths complementary knifemaker memberships. I think most other knifemakers/enthusiasts would agree. It's not like there's a bunch of ABS mastersmiths out there looking to exploit Bladeforums or even use it for selling(I'm sure most are backlogged with orders). I imagine they would enjoy giving back to the knifemaking community in an altruistic sense. After all, that's more fulfilling than financial gain once you reach a certain level of success. Why not be a conduit for that?

We would benefit SO much from having them here. I think it would be a very wise decision for the future of Bladeforums as a hub of knowledge. Hell, from a business standpoint it would greatly increase the value of the forum.

BTW I'm not even a member of ABS yet.

Last edited:
Then why only now and why in this thread?
Why only now?
Because well, I am here now.
I had left.
I came back to say something, at the request of a couple of emails, and ended up here.
I regret that decision.

Why here?
Because this is where the drama is happening.

I am sick to my stomach over you and your nonsense.

I feel that I owe the community an apology for having to suffer through it.

I'm OK with apologizing when I am wrong.

And I can afford to help.

It's like I told you many months ago, it was not about the money for me, it was about you, and you bullying me in to paying.
I do not respond well to that.
No man should.

There are many, many folks who could benefit from having a knifemakers membership here, I do not feel that I can use it.
So, rather than waste my money, on me, I will put it to good use.

Yes, I bullied you so much that our conversation about memberships had ended on 12/16/13.....until you emailed me on 9/3/14 to berate and insult me further over a post that you obviously must've been unaware unless someone notified you.
What a coincidence that you only show up here now to notice some discussions after leaving over a simple warning where no one twisted your arm to leave or stay or ....pay. Only now you decide to also offer a couple free memberships when you had all this time in between to be philanthropic.....
I suppose now I'm supposed to believe that you don't hold grudges and that this is not indeed a witch-hunt.

Last edited:
Yes, I bullied you so much that our conversation about memberships had ended on 12/16/13.....until you emailed me on 9/3/14 to berate and insult me further over a post that you obviously must've been unaware unless someone notified you.
What a coincidence that you only show up here now to notice some discussions after leaving over a simple warning where no one twisted your arm to leave or stay or ....pay. Only now you decide to also offer a couple free memberships when you had all this time in between to be philanthropic.....
I suppose now I'm supposed to believe that you don't hold grudges and that this is not indeed a witch-hunt.
As I said, I received a couple of emails.
I was indeed notified.
I left, and didn't look back.
Regretfully, I did look when requested to do so.

Philanthropy must start somewhere, sometime.
Mine started many years ago, just not here.
Unless of course you count the MANY hours I spent sharing freely of my knowledge.
Which, you don't.

Today, monetarily, it can start here as well.

A witch hunt?
No.

Do I have a grudge?
Yes sir, you bet I do.

I can't imagine that going away, without a public renouncement of your lies.

This is not fantasy land Karda, this is the real world.
Lies about a knifemaker on a large knife forum can have real world consequences.
Unchecked, things like that can affect a mans livelihood.
I can't let them go unchecked.

Sorry that seems to be difficult to grasp.

12 people, 4 dogs, and a few other assorted creatures live off of the money I make.
This is not a game, or something I play at.

Last edited:
Taint-kicks all around!

There are NO ADS in my face on this site. NONE. Threads on this website show up first on google searches.

Do not fuck this up. :grumpy:

The place is a fucking oasis.

Fellhoelter, Cashen... Wow, I'd just like to take this opp to say thanks. Kevin, I hope you'll be here in Tulare CA in October for the ABS Hammer In. I'd really like to shake your hand. Fellhoelter, I truly appreciate your work as one of my favorite knives came from you.

Wish you guys would stay, but I respect your decisions.

Fellows....I am moving this to Tech Support.
Any further discussions should be by email or in that sub-forum.
This isn't what Shop Talk is about.

Karda - I don't see how Bill saying you probably don't pay dues should be taken as an insult. Nobody would expect any moderator to pay dues but like it has been suggested it is of no one else's concern. I look at the whole thing this way, would a bouncer at a night club be expected to pay the door fee? Taken a step further, would the owner of the club be wise to let Steven Tyler in without paying? Would anyone in the club care if Steven paid up?

Do I see any good coming of this? No way. The only good outcome would be to see Kevin and Brian start posting something to actually do with knives.

Brian - I miss reading about your original ideas and the simple explanations of how things work. In particular I'm referring to the mechanics of a frame/liner lock. I adhere to your principals (or try to) and would love to be able to bounce questions off you but, like I said, I don't see this happening.

Blade forums has been the largest and best knife forum on the net. I would like to see it stay that way.

One thing I see that I don't care for is over moderation. I don't see any good coming from a mod arguing with members in public.

Also, Shop Talk isn't near as much fun as it used to be.

Taint-kicks all around!

There are NO ADS in my face on this site. NONE. Threads on this website show up first on google searches.

Do not nuck this up. :grumpy:

The place is a mucking oasis.
Language my friend, language, this is not Whine and Cheese.

That, and I know we can get our point across without getting insulting, it is possible. Not aimed at you Mecha, just a general statement. Hot heads do not make a good argument.

Back