It's Old Timer time, fellas: Show your U.S.-made OTs

I'm a big fan of the 8OT. Happy to find this one with factory edges, but some pitting. Makes it a good user. Blade grinds are super thin on this one.
sCdjXs5.jpg

The schrades did have broad blades compared to some, especially ones like the old remington's. I like to think of them as a muskrat with a longer lifespan.
Exactly. It's like they're half sharpened away when new, the usual muskrats.

This one just floated to the top of my former sock drawer.
2AumtRQ.jpg

34OT. Nice little knife.

Last edited:
Here is a 34ot with what I believe to be stainless blades. Schrade typically marked later stainless knives with the + symbol, but not always (858OT and 51OT are two examples of not always). This one has patina and stains all over the springs but not a speck on the blades. I stuck one of the blade tips in lasagna and let the sauce sit for about 15 minutes- no staining whatsoever. I will do some more testing to make 100% sure. In later years schrade put stainless blades in models that were previously only carbon. This was a running change and I don't know if the stainless took over completely in some models by the time schrade went under.

IMG_7139.JPG

Last edited:
Chit chatting with the cashier about a GEC Blackjack due for delivery tomorrow. “She’s oh you like knives, this one’s been in lost an found for years, it’s all yours if you want it”. No she didn’t have to ask twice.
image.jpg

Here is a 34ot with what I believe to be stainless blades. Schrade typically marked later stainless knives with the + symbol, but not always (858OT and 51OT are two examples of not always). This one has patina and stains all over the springs but not a speck on the blades. I stuck one of the blade tips in lasagna and let the sauce sit for about 15 minutes- no staining whatsoever. I will do some more testing to make 100% sure. In later years schrade put stainless blades in models that were previously only carbon. This was a running change and I don't know if the stainless took over completely in some models by the time schrade went under.

View attachment 1292269

Paul, weren’t all the Uncle Henry knives stainless?

Back