Jerry Halfrich Knives...

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Blues, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Very nice, I love that pattern.

swe likes this.
  2. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    Love this knife, would be great to see more by Jerry. His bolsters are superior, their thin / rounded profile results in less overall weight. This knife sings ... wicked sharp too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. swe

swe

Jan 19, 2005
    Beautiful! Is it Backpocket by Halfrich?

4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    An astoundingly beautiful knife John. An offering to the gods of Bolsters and Barebacks. My oh my.

Chief likes this.
  5. swe

swe

Jan 19, 2005

The same Winchester today, after 10 years of use. Best folder ever! Tried to get the picture like the old one but it keeps turn around. Sorry!
    Best
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ramrodmb likes this.
  6. swe

swe

Jan 19, 2005
    And my Town & Contry. Please feel free to turn them right if you have the skills. Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

7. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I'm not sure it helps as they're very small files and out of focus. img-w1.jpeg~2.jpg img-tc.jpeg~2.jpg

8. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    OK - I can do that for you :) Edit - joeradza beat me to it AND YES - small files. Oh well - still nice to see.

Ray

The same Winchester today, after 10 years of use :cool:

img-w1.JPG

img-w2.JPG

And my Town & Country.

img-tc.JPG

FOG2 likes this.
  9. swe

swe

Jan 19, 2005
    Thank you for the help! Bad pictures great knives!

10. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Nice to see it after ten years!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FOG2, redsparrow and Fodderwing like this.
  11. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    @swe I apologize if I did not answer sooner, did not realize your question was directed to me. Not a backpocket, standard trapper size 3 5/8". Your knives have worn beautifully, thanks for showing them.

My first Halfrich, previously posted but since his thread is active again here's another look. 3 5/8" barehead single blade trapper, my personal favorite size / style. Defines wicked sharp.

[​IMG]

Overhead view shows Jerry's beautiful tapered bolsters. Other makers / companies should take note.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. JB in SC

JB in SC Basic Member Basic Member

May 19, 2001
    I had a Winchester carbon fiber ultralight (linerless) lockback from Jerry that was probably the finest I ever owned, foolishly sold it some years ago. I saw it for sale a short time later and missed it by a few minutes.

13. swe

swe

Jan 19, 2005
    @Chief
    Outstanding, it can be the prettiest Halfrich I have seen! Yes, he is a master when it comes to bolsters. I have seen some of his patterns with square shaped bolster, but i really prefer the tapered version. Thanks for showing!

Chief likes this.
  14. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    @Chief John, the Halfrich is really a work of art and as always masterfully depicted by you. Nice sand dollars too.

Chief likes this.
  15. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    ^ Yes indeed - a beautifully done folder. Has all kinds of right about it. :thumbsup:

Ray

16. swe

swe

Jan 19, 2005
    Hi Blues! Can you please PM me? I do not know why, but I can not send PM:s :) Thanks!