Joe Allen Knives

The top knife is the pattern I copied my knife from an the bottom one is close to what Case Knives will make for Tony Bose for his 2017 Eureka Jack Knife. Hope this is helpful.

Joe

This and the post above with the drawing is good information to have. Thanks much for looking this up. No doubt in my mind this is a traditional pattern. Maybe it's unusual? That makes the one you made even more interesting to own. Thank you sir.

:confused: Here is the knife Pattern I used to make this Custom Eureka Jack, mine is some what fatter , It gained weight being around me because I'm getting fat also. Anyway This is the original old Sheffield pattern that was used by most of the older companies as Tony said yesterday, New York an Boker both borrowed this an made their own styles from it. If you look closely at the top part of the rear bolster you can see a stamped over cut or run from the stamping. I was told 20 years ago when I first got this knife the seller told me he thinks it is a fake copy, I did not care as I had plans for it someday to be a custom and I believe I have one out there from a few years ago that I made from this same pattern. If you might want one made in this style contact me . Thank you , Joe PS- Mr. Shearer this is the pattern I made your knife from. I think its a cool pattern .

Attachments

• DSCN5588.jpg
    DSCN5588.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN5612.jpg
    DSCN5612.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN5594.jpg
    DSCN5594.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN5602.jpg
    DSCN5602.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
:confused: Here is the knife Pattern I used to make this Custom Eureka Jack, mine is some what fatter , It gained weight being around me because I'm getting fat also. Anyway This is the original old Sheffield pattern that was used by most of the older companies as Tony said yesterday, New York an Boker both borrowed this an made their own styles from it. If you look closely at the top part of the rear bolster you can see a stamped over cut or run from the stamping. I was told 20 years ago when I first got this knife the seller told me he thinks it is a fake copy, I did not care as I had plans for it someday to be a custom and I believe I have one out there from a few years ago that I made from this same pattern. If you might want one made in this style contact me . Thank you , Joe PS- Mr. Shearer this is the pattern I made your knife from. I think its a cool pattern .

Great information Joe. Thanks very much.

So. Amazing job by the USPS. My Joe Allen Eureka arrived today. In hand, it is even better than the pictures. The quality is astounding. Great design, scale and proportions. Beautiful wood covers, no gaps anywhere, smooth action. I went to test the sharpness and the hairs on my forearm just jumped off and committed suicide! It just doesn't get a lot better.

Great work Joe.

JxSX5UI.jpg

DBnivev.jpg

Thanks Again Mr. Shearer for the nice big pictures . Well I'm beginning to come into my own as a one or two blade knifemaker. I mean its been only 20 years since the Wilfred works guys let me in on how they make these things. I just haven't done as many as I should have . I'm up to around 200 now in Pocket knives and maybe hundred or two in Straight knives since !976, so 41 years and still learning. On straight knives Gil Hibben let me visit his house an showed me a few techniques, as did Howard Hill of Montana an Buster Warenski of Utah. Plus I went to the first Arkansas Pocket Knife Seminar at Old Washington Ak, under the great tutelage of Eugene Shadley from Minn. There is also a few who helped me on Heat treating that I forgot their names ( sorry ) Old age does that to you. Thanks to all for looking . God Bless Everyone.

Mr Shearer, here's some good close up's you posted about this knife a while back. Glad you are talking about it in other chat sections, have seven Pocket knives in heat treat now ,so somehting will be coming up soon , I'll email you when I post . Thansk again for the good words. Joe

Mr Shearer, here's some good close up's you posted about this knife a while back. Glad you are talking about it in other chat sections, have seven Pocket knives in heat treat now ,so somehting will be coming up soon , I'll email you when I post . Thansk again for the good words. Joe
]
Joe; Your work deserves it. Here's some more photos that showcase the beauty you made, that I bought.

W28bEnG.jpg

CUHuXQU.jpg

ozSriqA.jpg

The little peanut is still going strong 3 years on of every day key ring carry. I think the action has just got better over time. I didn't realise how much the stag had worn until I looked back on the pics.

Joe's work is really superb.

New 2014
URRnKOe.jpg

Now

zRlmHLE.jpg

Hi Brothers & Sisters of the Blade: Here is a first for me, Its a Peanut sized knife (Ulster Pattern ) with a key chain attachment an screw driver with bottle opener in ATS-34 steel. It has real Stag an is for an Australian Customer. Thought you might enjoy looking it over. Of course I had to add the key chain attachment an make up a can opener pattern from an old fish knife pattern I had -then down size it to fit this small knife, lots of work in this little guy. Has a lighter snap in all three flush positions, I opened a bottle of Pepsi so opener works fine. Blade is 59 rockwell hardness an can opener is around 55-56. S:thumbup:View attachment 445509prings are 50 rc.

Last edited:
The little peanut is still going strong 3 years on of every day key ring carry. I think the action has just got better over time. I didn't realise how much the stag had worn until I looked back on the pics.

Joe's work is really superb.

New 2014
URRnKOe.jpg

Now

zRlmHLE.jpg
Wow Matt, that is some wear from the pocket on that poor stag, I guess it could pass for what they call Pocket Worn look . Glad it is still holding up well. Thanks for the update. Joe

Hi to all knife fans. This is another protype for me an first of its kind, the original started out as a Jumbo half whittler with one big spear blade an a smaller pen blade on the opposite end. I did away with the pen an remade the spring curl up on the end an fitted a one blade longer spear blade an beefier also in height of blade. The length of blade from tip to front of Bolster is almost 3 inches with and overall length of 7 inches. The jigged bone is Amber Catalina style with an inlaid propellar shield. Double bolsters are hand sanded to 6000 grit an also inside spring with blade finished to 1000 grit. Go to knifemakers for sale area to see more details . Thanks for looking .

Attachments

• All Photos - 1 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 1 of 5.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 44
  • All Photos - 2 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 2 of 5.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 39
  • All Photos - 3 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 3 of 5.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 37
  • All Photos - 4 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 4 of 5.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 38
  • All Photos - 5 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 5 of 5.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 41
Hi knife fans, Here's a medium size straight knife I made for my self few years back an I'm posting it here for your enjoyment. It has Brown Mammoth Ivory scales with 52100 ball bearing steel an it came out good on the heat treat. Wicked sharp around 59-60 rc. I bought the Indian beaded sheath to compliment the Ivory so it would look cool. To see more go to Knifemakers Sale section. Thanks for looking an any comments .

Attachments

• Last Import - 1 of 4.jpg
    Last Import - 1 of 4.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 30
  • Last Import - 4 of 4.jpg
    Last Import - 4 of 4.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Last Import - 3 of 4.jpg
    Last Import - 3 of 4.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Last Import - 2 of 4.jpg
    Last Import - 2 of 4.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 29
So. Amazing job by the USPS. My Joe Allen Eureka arrived today. In hand, it is even better than the pictures. The quality is astounding. Great design, scale and proportions. Beautiful wood covers, no gaps anywhere, smooth action. I went to test the sharpness and the hairs on my forearm just jumped off and committed suicide! It just doesn't get a lot better.

Great work Joe.

JxSX5UI.jpg

DBnivev.jpg
What wood did you end up going with? It looks amazing!

Hi everyone , Here is a knife I have been working off and on for some time , I have had lots of home work an my camping trailor to work on and no knives being made. I did finish this Sweet med. size Trapper today an thought I would post it for everyone to enjoy an if any is interested go to for Knifemakers for sale area an check it out more. Thanks, Joe.

Attachments

• DSCN6834.jpg
    DSCN6834.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN6838.jpg
    DSCN6838.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN6843.jpg
    DSCN6843.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN6846.jpg
    DSCN6846.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN6855.jpg
    DSCN6855.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN6858.jpg
    DSCN6858.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 39
Hi everyone , Here is a knife I have been working off and on for some time , I have had lots of home work an my camping trailor to work on and no knives being made. I did finish this Sweet med. size Trapper today an thought I would post it for everyone to enjoy an if any is interested go to for Knifemakers for sale area an check it out more. Thanks, Joe.
Looks sick Joe. What are the covers?

Looks sick Joe. What are the covers?
Hey Matt, whats going on, still waiting for your knife to show up. I don't know whats wrong with it Matt, I think it needs some lemon oil or something to make it shine more. Its the same type of wood as the Eureka Jack which is just above this post, But this one is Orange Box Elder . Stabilized and dyed. OK mate have a good one .Cheers.

Back