Knives You Hate!!

I've disliked every blade with a tanto point.

I second that statement and most every knife thats advetised as "TACTICAL"..... If put into a truly tactical situation and all that is available is a fruit paring knife.... I don't think one would be able to pause and run and get that "TACTICAL" knife.

I hate all custom knives "knifes" lol I want them all but that's impossible or is it....???? Or something I can't trust do to poor quality because of the potential of losing a body part like a China knife

I hate when I drink the bong water and post too.

the one that ticks me off the most is the opinel . cheap knife that outcuts anything else i own or have made no mater how much i spend

...and continues.

And your comments continue it some more..... My whole point though, which you obviously missed is that no matter the reason people not liking the chinese knives and whether I agree with it or not they still have the right to feel that way. And that it is easy for me to sit there and say that I dont agree with the various viewpoints that others have on the subject (which is my right). But My right doesnt immediately dismiss other people's right not to like them simply because it contradicts my views. In other words I was saying that what I feel and think only applies to me and there is no point trying to preach and convert those who dont agree with it.

I dislike knives that are way too heavy. I'm sorry but a 3.5 inch folder should not way over 5 ish ounces

I hate cheap, weak, stick-tang knockoff "Samurai Swords" for many reasons.

I hate dull knives. And while im at it, i hate people who think that since its a (insert name brand here), that having any sort of edge on it is irrelevant.

Spydercos. Not because they're bad knives, far from it. It's just that every one I get is so good, so close to exactly what I wanted... with one small problem. There's a hole in my knife that makes it fatter than it needs to be, and binds when I'm breaking down heavy cardboard. I would kill for a Dice with no Spyderhole and a slimmer blade. But because they're so good otherwise, I keep spending money on them.

...It's a complicated relationship.

The CRKT M16 line. They look alright for the price, but feel like cheap junk when in use.

I was thinking the same thing. I have two that I regret purchasing and when I bought them about 10 years ago they were not cheap (IMO anyway approx. $80)

What is wrong with Wenger and Victorinox?
Blade shape, Ergonomics, Lack of locking blade in most the models, size, and I can never seem 1 that has the tools I need.

I'm not saying they are cheap or crap by any means.

They put out a quality product and have for a long time, many a kid have built a childhood with one and that's awesome by every standard.

They just aren't me.

397bk_zps76e1a856.jpg

The three buck knives that I own all make me hate Buck knives for producing such rubbish at overinflated prices.
The Buck 397 Omni Hunter 12PT folder, rubber overlay on a plastic frame with sharp edges and a backlock with the spring just too strong for comfortable use. Riveted together
The other two are a Buck 288 Quickfire, the plastic overlay broke after a week. And a Buck 283 Nano Bantam, a small one that failed to deliver anything but blade flex.
I know about the Famous Buck Forever Warranty - great if you are in the U.S.A. but pretty much meaningless anywhere else. Paying import duty every time the knife is imported hikes the price for the Forever Warranty beyond what the knife is worth.
I'm not going to say I hate Buck as a make, just the three that I've tried has put me off buying any more Buck's when there are so many other makes out there offering better design and quality.

You chose the hit or miss knives that buck makes. You can buy a buck bantam in the U.S. for the price of a pizza, but from what I hear, Bucks are very overpriced in the UK. The buck 102 is a shining example of buck quality and you should order one of those if you wanted to give buck another shot. (It's a small fixed blade and is rock solid)

I really dislike chris reeve knives..

Theyre nice pieces of cutlery, cant deny that. handled a few in my day. I just get an incredibly "pretentious" vibe from those blades, maybe its just me.

I dislike knives that put form first, function second.

But i dont hate anything. When you spread hate youre just spreading negativiy.

Strider, I know they have their fans and people love them, but with the 3 I had, all 3 were lemons. Uneven grinds that looked like a 3rd grader ground them, tanto's that looked more spanto-like. Lock slippage on all 3, which to me is just plain unsafe., etc. I will point out that the lock slippage was with the older design and not the "new lockup"...........But what ticked me off even more was countless emails and phone calls to Strider and never even so much as a response. I am not bashing them, just explaining why I dont like them. All they did was make sure I will never buy another is all and I doubt they even care.

397bk_zps76e1a856.jpg

The three buck knives that I own all make me hate Buck knives for producing such rubbish at overinflated prices.
The Buck 397 Omni Hunter 12PT folder, rubber overlay on a plastic frame with sharp edges and a backlock with the spring just too strong for comfortable use. Riveted together
The other two are a Buck 288 Quickfire, the plastic overlay broke after a week. And a Buck 283 Nano Bantam, a small one that failed to deliver anything but blade flex.
I know about the Famous Buck Forever Warranty - great if you are in the U.S.A. but pretty much meaningless anywhere else. Paying import duty every time the knife is imported hikes the price for the Forever Warranty beyond what the knife is worth.
I'm not going to say I hate Buck as a make, just the three that I've tried has put me off buying any more Buck's when there are so many other makes out there offering better design and quality.

Interestingly, I've had really good experiences with my 397 Omni and a Large Buck Bantam... The size and blade and handle shape of the Omni were very attractive options.

I'm sorry to hear these knives, particularly the Omni, didn't work out for you Steve (although I have to admit as a lefty it's tough wearing that particular knife on the left side and drawing it at times.) I don't carry it much but I genuinely wish it had worked out better for you. Best,

Knives with a mirror polish blade and Schemp Spydies with a big choil that could be part of the cutting edge....Tuff and Barong are 2 of them.

I have a Barong with a regrind, the blade is as long as a Millie.

I don't have any knives I truly hate. I have found that I have a love/hate relationship with Spyderco. I hate them when they are closed and love them when they are open. I guess I can't get really get into the thumbhole opening...

Back