• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kya............... An review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe this is still lingering. Some people just should not be on the exchange at all.

I just think Jeepdudes expectations of the knife was unrealistic. He spent a crap load of money and anything he got that was short of perfect wasnt acceptable.

Look at Rick's logo. You buy his knife, you get a workhorse, not a show horse. :)

This should be a published novel and a required reading for new members.

We don't need a novel A picture is worth a thousand words. Choose the appropriate picture ...

lol-045.gif

donderwolk.gif

dig.png

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread these past several days, been a bit busy and reminding myself of the situation would just ruin my mood.

All seems to have been resolved.

Rick said the knife was used because it was dull and did not look further. I don't mean this as a knock at Rick, but I've purchased a knife direct from the shop in the past and it was no better, so take that however you wish.

jeep never canceled the Paypal claim and Paypal being Paypal, they ruled in jeep's favor (full refund), so I lost out about $30 on this ordeal since jeep had me overnight the knife to him. Small price to pay to get him out of my hair I guess.

Bottom line:
Sellers beware.

Anyways, thanks for your support everyone.

Last edited:
Hmmm.. Thats interesting because didn't Jeepdude admit to sharpening/ honing the blade right when he got it.
Im glad you guys got this resolved but I think it sucks that you came up on the wrong end. Well, at least we weeded
out another another bad apple.

Well kya you lost some cash but in the long run I would pay 30 bucks to keep people like that outta here, and as you see the vast majority will never deal with him again. you lost the battle but won the war and you are welcome on my sale threads anyday. Regards buddy

Cody

I don't understand where all the elements ended up. Who has the knife and who has the money?

Good luck with your sale. Hope the next one goes a little smoother.

Last edited:
my message to him;hello Jordan,
my friend, this hinderer is not new in box!
the stone wash on the handle is scratched up
the stone wash on the blade has a few scratches
there an very small indent near the tip of the spanto (left side)
the blue G10 shows use
there is fair build up of what looks like black dust on both side near the pivot
there is a small divot next to the detent on the blade
the pivot screw, on the screw driver side is brownish, possible the beginnings of rust
i have not even opened the knife to check it out, but! its action is not up to "new" this knife has seen extensive carry and minor use, when i opened the box i had to use a plain leather strap to get it back to feeling sharp, and i will add the edge geometry seems off, and it appears to have been reground, upon inspection it had tang to tip grind marks, and hinderer is known for its beautiful edges
this does not make me happy my friend

mark

his response;

kya
Gold Member
Re: xm 18
"NIB" does not mean flawless, it means new in box. That is exactly the way I received it from Plaza Cutlery at a knife show (this one). It has sat in it's box since then since I have been to busy/lazy to sharpen it. I sure didn't see any of the "scratches" or "G10 use" that you are seeing, but that is the exactly way it came directly from a reputable knife dealer. If you have problems with the factory quality of the knife, take it up with Hinderer, as like I've said, it is in the exact condition as it was received from Plaza.

A:thumbdn::thumbdn::jerkit:t the moment Rick Hinderer is viewing photos i sent him

Am I missing something???

If Rick H.'s only observation upon inspection was that the blade appeared to be dull, the OP admitted that he, "...had to use a plain leather strap to get it back to feeling sharp...", and the OP sent it directly to R.H. for an inspection, it appears to me that the OP (buyer) is the party that made it dull and he has done something quite untoward here. A lot of name calling, accusations, and drama to only create a $30.00 loss to the seller? Not good at all, unless i missed something posted earlier.

Sorry but I neglected to add (not that it really means much coming from me) that I looked closely at the photographs posted by the buyer that alleged a number of wear issues but could locate absolutely NONE. I have seen several NIB Hinderers (admittedly not more that about six or seven) and that did not look much different.

Right off the bat let me say that I only made it through about half the posts in this saga/debacle and just couldn't force myself any further.

At the outset I was leaning towards siding with Jeep just because the pictures showed the clip position in the tip up carry mode. Hinderers don't come that way from the factory, so to me describing it as NIB struck me as shady right out of the gate.

As The Honey Badger himself stated earlier, more and more people seem to have a a very liberal interpretation of NIB as of late. I think LNIB would go a long way towards describing many of these knives more accurately.

Having said that, aside from the clip placement I really didn't see anything out of the ordinary in the pictures. And Jeep's sarcastic attitude towards some of the very people trying to help is pretty appalling. His attitude sucks IMHO. I certainly won't be dealing with the guy in the future.

This sort of thing is why I'm often reluctant to buy/sell. . . I hate drama.

So he very well could have done more than just strop it on leather. Either way 30 bucks isn't much to lose compared what could have been lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back