Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

IMG_0250_zpstaztxhek.jpg

It's really hard to get much better than that. Beautiful.

Thanks, Mack. I feel very lucky that I came across that one when I did. Some may say as 12" knife is excessive, I beg to differ.:D

Beautful knife, Sonneman - can you tell me a little more about?

The maker is Dan Graves, with his forged damascus and sambar stag. Dan makes a fine knife at an astoundingly low price. He often lists them on the Bladeforums exchange.

My-oh-my, Mr. Sonnemann, that is one beautiful knife you have there. Gorgeous stag and a lovely useful blade shape!

Good looking fixed blade. Reminds me a little on the german Jagdnicker pattern.

Thanks for sharing the pic :)

Thanks for the info, Sonneman. I'm definitely curious to see more of Dan's work now. :thumbup:

Mink - all those knives you posted are great, but I particularly like the first one!
pirateev.gif

Bozack - any more info on that Bowie?

Al Mar Alaskan Bowie. 17" overall with an eleven and three quarters blade. Limited to 200 numbered pieces.

This was made by my father for his mother as a general purpose kitchen knife, i think sometime in the late 1920s he told me the blade is an old hacksaw blade, the handle was bone white until i varnished it, i can remember my own mother using it as a bread knife.

f4odJ0J.jpg

Last fixed blade I bought; Buck 105 SFO from Bass Pro Shops - a standard knife with bone handle. OH

Buck_105_2014_BPS-SFO.JPG

This was made by my father for his mother as a general purpose kitchen knife, i think sometime in the late 1920s he told me the blade is an old hacksaw blade, the handle was bone white until i varnished it, i can remember my own mother using it as a bread knife.

f4odJ0J.jpg
Wow- don't often see a second generation home-made kitchen knife.

Mink, Love your bone handled Schrade 153. :)
Old Hunter, that's a SWEET Buck 105 as well. :)

Another nice small fixed blade. :) Who makes it? It makes me think of something by BHK or L.T. Wright.
A lot of nice knives turning up in this thread. :cool:

Mink, Love your bone handled Schrade 153. :)
Old Hunter, that's a SWEET Buck 105 as well. :)

Another nice small fixed blade. :) Who makes it? It makes me think of something by BHK or L.T. Wright.
A lot of nice knives turning up in this thread. :cool:

It's made by Smith & Sons.

Back